Claimed:Laichly Rift's Pajodcast Episode 84 - Devise Hits The Breaking Point!

Devise

http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/79277890/file.html

Usual cast joins me and we talk about the start of the season, get into the crazyness of goalies thus far and some of those usual sim segments. We also take a look at several suggestions/ideas proposed to make the league better the last week. We do some award ballot predictions, broadening it out to give more people some love.

I then hit a boiling point and get a little frustrated, but somehow I calm down and we soldier on through Pajodtasks and other nonsense. 

Jamie wins the Pajodtasks hands down with that Jericho moment. Also this was the first VHL podcast i shut down before it ended, it's becoming too childish. 

Finally more people on my side!

Jericho and Chris are convinced its the childish stuff that people enjoy so this at least helps give me more ammo. Please any others against the nonsense speak up.

Interesting, I was a bit bored through about the first half of the podcast but then started to enjoy it a lot once Chris and Jericho started pushing Devise's buttons :lol: . But that's probably just my personal perception, I don't think I was as attentive in the first half as I was in the second, so that alone might have influenced my enjoyment of the different parts of the cast. Or I just didn't find the sim/award stuff very interesting because Cologne is utterly irrelevant this season :D

Jericho and Chris are convinced its the childish stuff that people enjoy so this at least helps give me more ammo. Please any others against the nonsense speak up.

You know my thoughts.

In general though, I really can't say if I like it more when you guys are discussing relatively serious or when you (well, mainly Jericho and sometimes Chris) are acting silly and are mainly cracking jokes. Both approaches have their pros and cons and it's usually the mix of both that makes the cast enjoyable. I didn't mind the silly stuff in this episode but I totally understand it if some people don't care for it. But just like with the whole self-referentiality stuff that came up a few episodes ago, i think it's all about the dose, and you just can't have this perfect mix of serious discussion and silly jokes or of self-referential banter and actual league topics, every week.

And besides, I think most of your listeners know that Devise is the one who puts in the most work here and who deserves the most credit, plus he obviously is one of the most knowledgeable guys we have in this league :). But Devise knows this as well so sometimes, just sometimes, he needs to be taken down a notch and that's what Chris and Jericho did very well in this episode ;)

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

And besides, I think most of your listeners know that Devise is the one who puts in the most work here and who deserves the most credit, plus he obviously is one of the most knowledgeable guys we have in this league :). But Devise knows this as well so sometimes, just sometimes, he needs to be taken down a notch and that's what Chris and Jericho did very well in this episode ;)

The only reason I act silly anymore is so I actually talk on the podcast.  Otherwise I just throw my two cents in here and there because Devise is the host and he should be saying the most.  Then I get messages from people saying I should talk more and have more fun when I debate with some of the members of the podcast.

Honestly, I'm almost having to play a character at this point.

The only reason I act silly anymore is so I actually talk on the podcast.  Otherwise I just throw my two cents in here and there because Devise is the host and he should be saying the most.  Then I get messages from people saying I should talk more and have more fun when I debate with some of the members of the podcast.

Honestly, I'm almost having to play a character at this point.

You mean Advantage is a gimmick?

Oh Jamie, looks like you mixed up accomplishments with riding the coat tails of Kameron Taylor. You think your better than me, but while the sim holds me down for whatever reason, no one likes you at the end of the day so I win. Nice try though boo thang

Oh Jamie, looks like you mixed up accomplishments with riding the coat tails of Kameron Taylor. You think your better than me, but while the sim holds me down for whatever reason, no one likes you at the end of the day so I win. Nice try though boo thang

Coat tails? Dude I wear a robe without a string. #Comeatme

Did actually no one realize I just made the fan590 about not retiring yet for fun? If you read my posts about the retirement it is clear I would retire and do think its the best for the league.

I was actually close to retiring in the preseason. But LeBeau shouldnt be as bad as this. He has more attribute points niw compared to last season :P Damn you sths

Did actually no one realize I just made the fan590 about not retiring yet for fun? If you read my posts about the retirement it is clear I would retire and do think its the best for the league.

I was actually close to retiring in the preseason. But LeBeau shouldnt be as bad as this. He has more attribute points niw compared to last season :P Damn you sths

I thought that, but when we read the powerpoll discussion you also wanted the forced retirement changed.

Read again. I did say it would be stupid to do it. With my heart I would but with my mind I wouldn't.

The main reason for the article was to have some fun by signing a new contract to see what would happen. A certain gm however forgot to put the extension up :P

You mean like last year when I didn't play with Taylor once and won the Boulet? Oh yeah, thanks for that Kameron..