VHL Magazine Power Poll - Retirement Carryover

Toast

VHL Mag Power Poll  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So last night Higgins announced that Tukio would be retiring, closing off with 1400TPE. Back when I joined the VHL in around S26, 1000TPE was incredible to pass. I’m sure even before that 1000TPE was considered a number that members would never reach.

When members with this high TPE amount decide to retire, they get their certain amount of carryover TPE for their next player. Unfortunately for Higgins there is a limit on that carryover, which is capped at 75. This got me thinking about another possible rule change I want you all to consider: should the VHL abolish the carryover cap?

The plus side to this is that we reward the members that have worked so hard to put up a great TPE total. 1400 is phenomenal, but with a carryover of just about 100TPE, Higgins would be able to surpass that. I’m all for supporting the members that put up great TPE totals and give them something to be proud of after a long career. If we get rid of the cap, the members who work hard enough for it will be handed a fantastic award. Mostly removing the carryover cap would be to acknowledge the efforts of members.

On the bad side of this, as I’m sure all of you will touch on, first-gen players would be left in the dust. Their auto-double point tasks only amount to 36TPE while this uncapped carryover could get members 100+ TPE at some point. You also have to consider that this could just keep building up. With 100 carryover I fully expect Higgins could reach 1500-1600TPE if he really tries. Then TPE inflation would really become a problem.

Anyway, give your thoughts on this as it’s great to see you guys debate about these things! Best comments get into the Mag as per usual.

I honestly do not think it should be abolished, it's an activity bonus. Guys who have stayed active throughout there entire career get rewarded, while people who dissapeared at one point (example kuzie ) get a way lower bonus. I don't think removing it is a wise option.

Bring back the 15% in sixth season with no cap rule!

Definitely quoting just this part for the sake of having an argument  B)

I honestly do not think it should be abolished, it's an activity bonus. Guys who have stayed active throughout there entire career get rewarded, while people who dissapeared at one point (example kuzie ) get a way lower bonus. I don't think removing it is a wise option.

I think you are reading it wrong. 

Indeed I did.  Still vote the same though. Keep it at 75, it's a good enough reward as it is.

I figured those were your thoughts. I read it wrong first too, Toast sucks and made it hard to understand for Euros like us.

As someone who was here for the time when their was no cap + 15%, it would be absolutely outrageous if we had no cap today.. What was Fong's carryover with Kanou again? I'm sure Victor knows.

Edited by Kyle

Yeah TPE inflation is pretty much the reason this wouldn't work. I like the idea of rewarding crazy high TPE earners though. I always thought we should have an award that recognizes top TPE earners in a season.

Something where we keep track of how many TPE a player earned in a year and also pair it with Sim performance the same way we do most sportsmanlike. Could be a way to recognize the high TPE guys.

• Admin

As someone who was here for the time when their was no cap + 15%, it would be absolutely outrageous if we had no cap today.. What was Fong's carryover with Kanou again? I'm sure Victor knows.

I can't tell you the exact number, but I know my first-gen (634 TPE) had almost 100 carryover. That's less than half of Tukio's TPE haha.

• 1 year later...

I voted 'NO'

I'd have voted 'YES' ..if there was a third choice

Choice 3.)

AKA.

"The Magic Number of 1200"

1200 TPE or Less= 75

1201 TPE or Higher= 115

"The Magic Number of 1200"

includes the 'FNG Addendum' = A first time players created during S45 bonus of 15 .......just because. ;)

conan.gif