S73 Community Mock Draft: 1st Overall Pick

Beaviss

1st Overall Pick by the DC Dragons  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:dcd: DC DRAGONS YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK :dcd:

These started a long time ago and im hoping to bring these back to build hype for the draft! We had a couple of good talks speculating over who should be taken at what pick too. So I figured, why not do it again this season? It's easy enough; just vote for the player you think the team should select at that stage of the draft and at the end of the week, we'll have built a (probably way wrong) 1-round mock draft together! We'll start with time limits for voting but will probably have to pick up the pace as it goes on, since the draft is in about a week.

Disclaimer: This is for fun and has no impact on where said players will be drafted. They also do not show what GM's are interested in what players as they may fade the pick. Enjoy it for what it is, a fun community game.

:dcd: D.C Dragons current roster

image.png

• Admin

No Washington and possibly no Drumm, definitely going for a dman and Walker's Malmo ties are too strong so has to be Adrienne.

Also DC is gonna get fucked by expansion and the cap, RIP.

Just now, Victor said:

And there's nothing more important in the VHL than having forwards in the right positions.

Dont expose me

I voted Walker but I hadn't realized how close Walker and Adrienne were in TPE to be honest.  Probably depends on how interviews went/how much Walker wants to play for Malmo; now that I think about it though Adrienne seems fairly likely.

22 minutes ago, Victor said:

If I only had 8 players to protect in the expansion draft and you were one of them I'd expose you.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

I'm going with Walker to be quite honest... beast of a defencemen. Even though they have 3 really amazing defencemen and a 4th one potentially ready to go already in the minors. Getting Walker into DC will solidify that group of defencemen as DC moves to the future. The whole "loyalty/interview" issue where teams are worried about players leaving.  That is why they should be talking to prospects before the VHL Draft and selling educating about their teams establishing that relationship already so it's not just some random event for a prospect. 

Once drafted, the player will be committed to the organization through ELC rules for how long? Don't sweat taking Walker. Worse case scenario you flip him for more amazing talent.

Definitely one of the defensemen. I can't speak for ADV but as long as he's cool with playing for DC I don't think any ties to Malmo should get in the way of his career there.

7 hours ago, Victor said:

No Washington and possibly no Drumm, definitely going for a dman and Walker's Malmo ties are too strong so has to be Adrienne.

Also DC is gonna get fucked by expansion and the cap, RIP.

As I've stated to DC, I'd play 8 seasons for them with no issue.  People forget I've never been a FA before in the VHL.

Edited by Advantage