A Song of Ice and Fire Thread

JardyB10

• Admin

I was so hoping that Jon would take the Stark name and rebuild winterfell.  Theories on his mother I mean everyone now rumors its Ned's sister but I dont know seems too obvious.

I'm kind of glad he didn't - the Lord of Light shouldn't take Winterfell. "Fuck fire" - Sandor Clegane

ADWD might have been my favourite.  So many great moments, and Victarion is fucking hilarious.  AFFC was really good too, people who complain about it are gay.

And I'll be a bit choked if they do any major cuts in S5.  Maybe Stoneheart wouldn't be so bad, but I think cutting either of the other two Martell kids would be a blunder.  "Yeah let's put in a bunch of angry bastard girls but leave out a perpetual sex scene and a would be dragon tamer."  Admittedly Quentyn's storyline almost does seem kind of pointless right now, and they can't even recreate the "Oh." and Arianne doesn't do a whole lot either, but I still really liked those chapters.

I won't really worry about it though until there's confirmed cuts though.

Watched season 1 after avoiding the show cuz of all the hype, and immediately got the books. This was shortly before ADWD came out, so waiting for Winds of Winter is killing me. Honestly I love ALL the books. Moving on to the show however, I don't really know how to feel about it these days. It seems like they're changing and adding stuff that doesn't need to be changed or added while leaving out important stuff. I didn't like that so far the copout for why they left out Stoneheart was basically "We don't want to cheapen death and it seems a bit silly to bring back a zombie Cat." I legitimately don't know how they're gonna work out the Brienne/Jaime storyline without her. A lot of people have speculated that Brienne's gonna follow Beric and get the same orders from him, but it really doesn't make sense why she would follow him, as she was never sworn to him like she was to Cat. I realized last season the only way I can truly enjoy the show is if I watch it not as an adaptation of ASoIAF, but as its own thing.

• Admin

Yeah that's probably a good idea at this point. The show is its own thing at this point.

Like I said before, if Jaime ends up in Dorne as is speculated, Brienne's storyline is a dead end. I'm hoping they're trolling us all with the no Stoneheart thing so it's a real surprise for everyone.

Yeah that's probably a good idea at this point. The show is its own thing at this point.

Like I said before, if Jaime ends up in Dorne as is speculated, Brienne's storyline is a dead end. I'm hoping they're trolling us all with the no Stoneheart thing so it's a real surprise for everyone.

There have been pictures of Jaime with some Dornish looking soldiers, so I'm gonna say that it's happening. Which confuses the hell out of me in regards to Brienne, as you say. As for Stoneheart, I'm holding out hope for that too- problem is there was so much backlash when she was left out that tons more people had it spoiled for them than if they had just included her in last season. That said, I think book readers assumed way too much in regards to her actually showing up last season.

If I remember correctly they leave it on the cliffhanger that Podrick might or might not be dead and Brienne almost died but shes basically being sent to make sure Jamie dies.  It could be that the ending result of this arc doesn't really matter with Lady Stoneheart.  Maybe Thoros of Myr or Sir Beric capture Brienne and Podric to do that scene.  My guess is she meets up with Jamie eventually in the books regardless if they make it Dorne for the show to easier understand thats fine.  What I did find interesting was the TV show tried to make it seem like Jamie and Brienne were kind of intimate like that scene with Cersei and Brienne at the wedding maybe they get closer in the future they don't really want Jamie in the King's Guard anymore anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Admin

Probably make him a Queenmaker instead of Oakheart. Only Bronn getting hit with Areo's wife.

What, Bronn's down there as well?

But that would mean Jaime gets killed and that's some stupid ass shit. And poor Brienne and here storyline.

:francis:

And where is that pussy Quentyn Martell?

*Potential spoilers be here, because hooray spoiler thread*

I read somewhere that there's a lot of speculation that Sansa will be used as a stand-in for Fake Arya (with Ramsey), which would be very interesting. And it makes sense, considering that they really got to the end of Sansa's current storyline in Season 4.

• Admin

Predictably, Strong Belwas, Daario and whatever other characters were around Dany in the books have been merged into one Daario.

I feel a bit reassured that lack of Aegon and Jon Connington is not yet guaranteed but concerned by Varys travelling to Meereen too? Sadly I think that storyline will be cut.

Though probably casual viewers forgot Kevan and Lancel existed, good that they're there, King's Landing storyline needs 'em.

Probably most intrigued by Sansa and Baelish because they're ahead of the books. Cowboy's theory seems silly though, what's the benefit for Littlefinger for helping or crossing the Boltons?

And I guess Mance as singer in Winterfell is a no go then.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck yo spoilers tbh

Nah, that was being speculated on before the episodes leaked. The ASOIAF redditors are literally insane. As soon as a new trailer drops for a season, each frame is captured and endlessly speculated over. There was frames of Sansa standing by a door that matched the Winterfell set doors from previous seasons. Doors. I think you could also see Eyrie knights in a Northern looking landscape. So with no Jeyne Poole and no Harry the Heir, people were able to put all the pieces together quite some time ago. Because they're insane.

There was also like, a fourth party rumour about a major death allegedly supposed to happen in Episode 4 quite some time before the series aired. Except after the leaks hit there was a hard ban on talking about unaired episodes, so it has me scurred. :\

Edited by JardyB10