Post-Draft & Pre-Season Interview with Jiggs!

Although it’s a bit late, we were able to get Ottawa Lynx defenseman, Jiggly Gumballs, for an interview regarding the draft and before the season starts. Better late than never.

Pre-Season Interview with Jiggs!

635706741546505826-USP-NHL-NHL-Awards-Press-Conference.jpg.d48de51044fbff121563fcfab514d09d.jpg

Reporter:

So you were eligible and were drafted in both the VHL Draft and VHLM Dispersal Draft. Falling into the hands of the LA Stars 28th overall and the Ottawa Lynx 10th respectively. What are your thoughts now that the season is about to begin?

Jiggs:

As I said previously, I was very honoured to be selected by both teams. When I heard the whole “With the 28th overall pick...” and whatnot, I was genuinely surprised. I didn’t think I’d be picked as high as 28. I was at least expecting a few picks after that. Visiting LA a while back was a fun experience and @Josh has been great as the GM so far. I know I won’t be playing with them this season, but I think I’ll be ready to take on the VHL by next season. Here in Ottawa, things have been great as well. I had a good experience getting to know my teammates and I’m ready to put my locker room expertise to work. If you know what I’m saying that is hehe. But in all seriousness, I’m super pumped to start the season and I’m ready to prove to @DoktorFunk that it was the right choice to take me 10th overall.

Reporter:

What do you wish to improve upon this season? Any goals you have in mind?

Jiggs:

Well an obvious goal is to win the cup with Ottawa. Other than that, my main goal is to improve my overall game. I was signed pretty late into the season, so I’ve yet to truly prove myself. So I want to keep pushing forward, keep improving and be a better player. Looking to block a lot of shots out there, maybe put up a few points. I also kinda want to win an award, though that’s just me being a bit selfish. I know whoever wins any award this season is deserving of it.

Reporter:

What do you think of Ottawa so far?

Jiggs:

Ottawa has been great so far! I didn’t have any trouble fitting in at all. The climate is a bit different from Houston, but I’m glad to be able to play in my country’s capital. It’s a great city and it isn’t too far to visit my hometown of Winnipeg. Teammates like Ajay Krishna and Lee Xin have been great and I’ve been getting along with them really well. I’m really motivated to play here and I’m ready to help bring them to the playoffs.

Reporter:

We know that you’re good friends with both Patrik Laine and Drew Minott as all three of you have played together in Houston in the previous season. Now that Patrik Laine has moved onto Miami, and Drew Minott stayed with the Bulls organization, do you still keep tabs with them?

Jiggs:

Of course! We’re all still great buds. I was really excited to learn that Minner ended up in LA as well. So even if we’re playing against each other for now, we’ll eventually end up as teammates. As I said, we’re all still really great chums. Heck, during the offseason, I took a trip to Finland to visit Laine and also maybe wrapped plastic wrap and put sticky notes all over his car. I’m actually pretty excited now since I now have a chance to play against them. Funnily enough, I’m pretty sure we face Miami in our first game of the season. So that’s fun.

Reporter:

How do you think your team will do this season?

Jiggs:

Well looking at the team, I think we’re ready for a nice playoff run. I want to win the cup, but I do know that there’s some tough competition like the aforementioned Miami Marauders. Heck, I even heard that Houston is stacking up as well. Though that’s the fun thing in sports eh? Even if you know you’ve got tough competition ahead of you, you won’t back down without a fight. I honestly think strong teams will only make you push yourself to be better than them. Also I hope that I can score a few more on Halifax since that’s the team I tend to score a lot against.

Reporter:

So have you been satisfied with your play recently? And what part of your game do you want to improve upon.

Jiggs:

Right now, my game has been pretty good. My skating has been good and I’ve improved on my defense and puck handling, but I can’t just be satisfied with just that when there’s still so much to improve upon. My game isn’t complete. There’s still much to learn and a whole league I haven’t even stepped foot on. I am in a constant drive to get better and better. I’ve always prided myself on my worth ethic, and despite being a locker room clown, at least I do what I can to improve. Right now I do want to improve on my checking a little. I had quite the number of hits in my short stint last season, and I wanna improve on that. Checking is key for a defenseman afterall. Plus, I'm a bit smaller than some defensemen, so I have to learn how to shut down those who I consider to be frickin’ giants. Other than that, maybe I can improve my scoring a little? Wouldn’t hurt to score a few more goals eh?

Reporter:

So we have to know, what sort of battle plans do you have for the season?

Jiggs:

Well I’m afraid I can’t say much on that. I do have stuff planned but it must stay confidential. Wouldn’t want to spoil the fun. I’ll tell you this though. My pranking won’t be reserved to just my locker room. Of course if I overstep boundaries, I’ll step off the gas pedal a bit, but it’s all meant to be fun and games. I don’t want to harm others in a negative way because of my tomfoolery. They may think my pranks are annoying or tedious, but I don’t want them to hate me. As I said, it’s all for fun. Plus, I treat everyone fairly. So if one gets pranked, expect the rest of you to come soon as well~

Reporter:

Well thank you so much for the interview, and hope you have a great season!

Jiggs:

Thank you thank you! Always a pleasure.

(1067 words)

Review

That's right Jiggs. After all the LR interactions that we have, which is funny considering we aren't on the same team, I'm popping you a review. I don't care how topical this is. I'm here to get it done so you can keep making ? content. I loved this interview! You don't need any help coming up with any bright ideas or making your player personable. The only things that I would suggest touching up on is adding colour. This is a common suggestion, but it's something that lets the eyes rest a bit easier and gives it something to focus on. Breaking up the black and white is really tough. Just as an example, you could have given the Reporter and Jiggs colour on top of their boldness. See how Reporter and Jiggs stand out a bit now (Not a fan of the green I used but you get it). 

Score

Content: 9/10, Not enough pranks. 

Format: 8.5/10, Add some colour.

Flow: 10/10, Changing anything would make it worse.