QUE/RIG ; S38

Mike

That S40 2nd will possibly add an active member, and perhaps a solid one at that. Therefore, trading a semi-decent rental for a bit more than half a season for that price, is not too shabby. Nice trade for both sides.

Edited by Seth

That S39 2nd will certainly add an active member, and perhaps a solid one at that. Therefore, trading a semi-decent rental for a bit more than half a season for that price, plus an additional 2nd is quite good. Nice trade for both sides, though I prefer it for Quebec slightly. 

Not really. You have a 50/50 shot at best, and even that's being extremely generous.

That S39 2nd will certainly add an active member, and perhaps a solid one at that. Therefore, trading a semi-decent rental for a bit more than half a season for that price, plus an additional 2nd is quite good. Nice trade for both sides, though I prefer it for Quebec slightly.

The S40 2nd will most likely be 15th-20th, so unless the drafts of the past are totally disregarded, it will produce a VHLM calibre player. No disrespect to anyone drafted in there but as the drafts have shown, 15-20 isn't really that strong of an area. I say this because unless Seattle is getting rid of Smyl, they would be stupid to rebuild.

Edit: You know theres only 1 2nd in here right?

Edited by Kendrick

I misread the initial OP so may bad there. However, I the S40 draft thus far projects to be rather solid, so I do not feel it is a stretch to say one can nab an active there. Honestly, Clifford does not have a great amount of value, so a 2nd seems about right.

I misread the initial OP so may bad there. However, I the S40 draft thus far projects to be rather solid, so I do not feel it is a stretch to say one can nab an active there. Honestly, Clifford does not have a great amount of value, so a 2nd seems about right.

You realize not 1 player has been deemed eligible for the S40 draft right? Not sure how it can be solid so far.

You realize not 1 player has been deemed eligible for the S40 draft right? Not sure how it can be solid so far.

May have not been deem eligible, but if you analyze who will/may be, it already adds a decent layer at the top. I think we are formulating a significant amount of hyperbole over a rather simple comment I made.  

May have not been deem eligible, but if you analyze who will/may be, it already adds a decent layer at the top. I think we are formulating a significant amount of hyperbole over a rather simple comment I made.

Or you are speculating without looking up the history of the 15-20 picks in the past 10 seasons. To say it's a "solid" pick is kind of premature and lacks some validity. In the past 5 drafts, only 2 players from 15-20 have made it into the VHL. One is now inactive and has been for three seasons and the other just made his way into the VHL.

I'm not saying Quebec didn't get a good return, but to say that those are solid picks is slightly off.

Or you are speculating without looking up the history of the 15-20 picks in the past 10 seasons. To say it's a "solid" pick is kind of premature and lacks some validity. In the past 5 drafts, only 2 players from 15-20 have made it into the VHL. One is now inactive and has been for three seasons and the other just made his way into the VHL.

I'm not saying Quebec didn't get a good return, but to say that those are solid picks is slightly off.

Fair enough, but the main premise of my comments, was that Quebec did well in their return considering who they dealt, and the present circumstances. 

Here is the first of likely only two noteworthy trades this year. Predictable season all in all.

Also Seth the fact is Quebec had to settle for what they got. Clifford may not have much value but he's still a 551 TPE rental who has not depreciated. A late 2nd and a likely irrelevant third is called taking what you can get. Clifford easily could of been worth a late 1st in a fairer market, or at the very least two 2nds with ome of them being 10-15. 

Here is the first of likely only two noteworthy trades this year. Predictable season all in all.

Also Seth the fact is Quebec had to settle for what they got. Clifford may not have much value but he's still a 551 TPE rental who has not depreciated. A late 2nd and a likely irrelevant third is called taking what you can get. Clifford easily could of been worth a late 1st in a fairer market, or at the very least two 2nds with ome of them being 10-15. 

Which I completely understand, but like I previously affirmed, under the present circumstances, Quebec did not do too poorly for themselves. Not sure why my premise is being distorted?  :lol:

Which I completely understand, but like I previously affirmed, under the present circumstances, Quebec did not do too poorly for themselves. Not sure why my premise is being distorted?  :lol:

They didn't do bad, but they didn't do solid as you would say. Frank had no choice so realistically what he got here is far from market value, but was the only trade on the table for him considering.

Draft picks are like lottery tickets the more you have the better your chances. There is no market for rentals right now so Quebec is pretty happy getting this for Clifford. 

Even though I would like it, I don't think I'm allowed to create 15 players of my own to fill up this draft class.

I know only one person besides me who is re-creating so far.

Even though I would like it, I don't think I'm allowed to create 15 players of my own to fill up this draft class.

I know only one person besides me who is re-creating so far.

Hopefully Quebec gets the first overall pick.  ;)

• Admin

You've joined the dark side Frank.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said but I don't understand on what information you're basing the strength of the S40 draft. If only expected recreates join, it'll be pretty bad. In the end, something like S38 seems realistic.

• Senior Admin

You've joined the dark side Frank.I don't disagree with the rest of what you said but I don't understand on what information you're basing the strength of the S40 draft. If only expected recreates join, it'll be pretty bad. In the end, something like S38 seems realistic.

Hey now S38 was clearly the bomb, just look at me ;)