DO NOT READ

Berocka

So recently there has been a bit of a trend of people getting frustrated with the site and leaving. I have no problem with this as each person is different and this might not be everyone’s cup of tea. What I find strange is when they write this long manifesto of why they are leaving…

If you do not like the site and do not want to be here, why write a goodbye message. Message the people you want to message and leave quietly in the night. Now I am not going to name and names but there have been some things in these goodbye messages that have quite annoyed me. So being the huge hypocrite I am, I will write an article about it. Mainly just for the clicks and likes.

Firstly, lets talk about this anti-Americanism. Why do you care what other people think of your country why does that effect your day to day life what people who aren’t even in your country say about where you live? One person who has left previously complained about this and this person was one who would continuously make jokes about myself being a “racist” and making fun of me being Australian. Now I have no problem with this but people in glass houses should not throw stones. The biggest pet peeve of mine is people who can dish out all the jokes in the world but when it gets said to them, they clutch their pearls and are so offended. I do not spend much time in the VHL general discord, and this is my experiences with anti-Americanism. I have not seen any more hate towards America compared to other countries. I have seen hate towards people for being French/French Canadian, Canadian, Americans, Australians, and some others. If it only happens in the VHL discord this might be a crazy idea and maybe you might need to sit down, don’t go in there.

Next people complaining about updaters, do not complain about your PTs in for review! There is a reason that this is part of the process, if there is an issue, things will get picked up in the review process and then changes can be made. If you still get your 12 capped TPE per week you have nothing to complain about. The person who left most recently complained about this, the reasoning was he had an agreement with one person on what he could claim as a task. They made no mention of this agreement with their task and the updater which was me had no knowledge of this and had no way of knowing. So, the task gets put in for review, the information gets passed down and wow look at that your PT was accepted, and you got your TPE…

I like how when one person left and talked about the way the community is and how it needs help. This same person joined the team I was on in VHLM through waivers, I received a message not long after from another GM asking for a trade. I talked to the player and they said they would want to go there so I made the trade happen and took an uneven trade as it was for the player. Now after I put in this effort for the player, they made a post that “I am glad I was traded to a team that truly cares for my needs.” Now look, to go out of your way to make another person’s life easier and that is how you get repaid does not feel that great.

So, in conclusion sure there might be some work needed to be done around the league but if you aren’t going to stick around, we don’t need a manifesto. That is all

Yeah, I find it weird too. That or mention toxicity, drama or negativity but are immature and/or cause it too in a way. Not specific, just thinking back to some examples, of course.

The American thing I agree on too, lol. I’ve seen it from most cases where they’ll joke about another place or something other subject, but because it’s what a very, very select few have brought up as an issue, that alone makes them make it a problem despite likely not being one only because 1-2 others have said it too. In some ways, I guess the more of an echo, the likelier the source, but I don’t believe so in this case. Heaven to Betsy someone has an opinion about anything these days. Always will be someone to disagree and be butt hurt to kick up a fuss and write a complaint to customer service. What a world It’s turning into! :D  Not everything is everyone’s cup of tea... or coffee... or pop/Soda/fizz water... vodka.. water.. milk.. etc. 

Also, the purpose of a goodbye post id imagine is for attention..

the office what GIF

12 hours ago, Berocka said:

Next people complaining about updaters, do not complain about your PTs in for review! There is a reason that this is part of the process, if there is an issue, things will get picked up in the review process and then changes can be made. If you still get your 12 capped TPE per week you have nothing to complain about. The person who left most recently complained about this, the reasoning was he had an agreement with one person on what he could claim as a task. They made no mention of this agreement with their task and the updater which was me had no knowledge of this and had no way of knowing. So, the task gets put in for review, the information gets passed down and wow look at that your PT was accepted, and you got your TPE…

In general, people should stop complaining about the speed of the updating process. Getting your 6 TPE on Monday instead of Thursday is not going to make you a superstar 3 days earlier. Queue sometimes gets up to 200+ claims waiting to be approved. Updaters are doing a good job of being thorough with all of them, so of course it takes time.

This message was sponsored by VHL Updaters.