Laine upset, disappointed after finals loss

Laine

osFDJbg.jpg

Patrik Laine (pictured) after Miami's game five loss to the Minnesota Storm. Minnesota won the S73 Founder's Cup with a 4-1 series win over Miami.

MIAMI - A lot of Marauders players and fans alike are upset after the team's 4-3 loss to Minnesota in game 5 of the Founder's Cup Finals. However, none are more upset or optimistic than Patrik Laine.

"You know, it's definitely tough. To go that far....and lose......leaves a sick feeling in your stomach. It was fun to win through the first two rounds, but now....the only thing in your mind is..... the fact that you couldn't get the job done."

Miami went all the way to the Founder's Cup Finals by sweeping Philadelphia 4-0 in round 1 and defeating San Diego in 6 in the Conference Finals. Despite these triumphs, Miami would fall to Minnesota in the finals in 5 games. Laine says it isn't all bad for Miami though.

"Well, it is the basic steps of building a franchise like winning a playoff series and making it to the cup finals. Rice knows what he is doing with this team and I wish him the best of luck moving forward. I also want to thank all my teammates. You guys were all fun to play with during the season and I'll miss you next year. Kiitos."

(220 words)