(S76) D - Robin Galante Nilsson, TPE: 36

RomanesEuntDomus

24 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Recruited him back, could you confirm this please RED? 

I'm not sure if I can give you those teps to be honest, @der meister has literally been trying the same for years and I think he would be mad if you got them over him ?

Oh and hi everyone :)

I hope everything worked correctly with my player creation by the way, I got an error page after submitting the initial data but he seems to exist now. I hope I didn't skip any steps or something?

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

1 minute ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

I'm not sure if I can give you those teps to be honest, @der meister has literally been trying the same for years and I think he would be mad if you got them over him ?

Hehe even though i pushed you over the line today lol.

@der meister go claim this joint effort recruit ;)

hey hey @RomanesEuntDomus welcome back to the league, not that we have ever met :) I'm Hatter, AGM for the Minnesota Storm. The regular season is almost done (last sim tomorrow) and while we'd love to have you join us, we aren't going to be making the playoffs. You are more than welcome to join us if you'd like, but you wouldn't get in any game time before the VHLM draft this offseason! Just let me know, and good luck with the player!!

Thanks for the nice welcome you guys :)

So a few questions right off the bat: My last player only topped out a little over 400 TPE, does it make sense to claim any kind of carryover or other recreate benefits in that case or should I just start fresh?

Also, I saw that the Welfare/Pension system was changed... My first two player gave me Pension credit under the old system but they fall just under the 700 TPE threshold in the new system. Was there any grandfathering when the system was changed or does that mean that I'm not eligible for any Pension anymore?

31 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Thanks for the nice welcome you guys :)

So a few questions right off the bat: My last player only topped out a little over 400 TPE, does it make sense to claim any kind of carryover or other recreate benefits in that case or should I just start fresh?

Also, I saw that the Welfare/Pension system was changed... My first two player gave me Pension credit under the old system but they fall just under the 700 TPE threshold in the new system. Was there any grandfathering when the system was changed or does that mean that I'm not eligible for any Pension anymore?

As my recruit (second time I've recruited you to a sim league!), I think you'll find that @Beketov can square it away in the portal. You should be able to claim +5 each week given your past players, even if they were pre-portal.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, der meister said:

I think you'll find that @Beketov can square it away in the portal. You should be able to claim +5 each week given your past players, even if they were pre-portal.

That’s only if there’s pre-portal players that meet the criteria, we just need to manually adjust. If his former players don’t meet the criteria he doesn’t get the bonus unfortunately and welfare would be 4.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That’s only if there’s pre-portal players that meet the criteria, we just need to manually adjust. If his former players don’t meet the criteria he doesn’t get the bonus unfortunately and welfare would be 4.

He would know better than I (because I can't remember the player names) but I'm 99% sure he has enough pre-portal to cover it. 

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

My players did meet the criteria under the old rules (when the treshold was 400) but not under the new rules (700) that the league changed to long after they retired. My two highest TPE players had 684 and 659 TPE so I'm wondering if they still count because I was able to use them for Pension before, under the old rules.

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

My players did meet the criteria under the old rules (when the treshold was 400) but not under the new rules (700) that the league changed to long after they retired. My two highest TPE players had 684 and 659 TPE so I'm wondering if they still count because I was able to use them for Pension before, under the old rules.

Unfortunately players were not grandfathered in when the rules changed.

Hey @RomanesEuntDomus.  I already know you from HD and I know you're in SHL.

Hop on the plane that leaves soonest to Houston.  Season will be over tomorrow and we won't be in the playoffs (so no game time, unfortunately), but there might be a party or two to celebrate, well, not much besides the fact that we're sim hockey league players.  

Quote me and respond HORNS UP.  Think about it first.

And I thought I'd heard of everyone from before my time with over 1,000 posts or so. Guess I was wrong about that one.

Welcome back to the league and good luck!

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

Well that's mighty stupid. At leat it gives me a thing to complain about for my first article :P

It’s rather unfortunate for you especially when you’re missing it by less than 100 TPE total but unfortunately when the rule was changed we couldn’t grandfather it in or else really we were telling new people they had to do twice the work.

37 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s rather unfortunate for you especially when you’re missing it by less than 100 TPE total but unfortunately when the rule was changed we couldn’t grandfather it in or else really we were telling new people they had to do twice the work.

I would disagree on that one, from what I've heard TPE-inflation was a thing here just as it was in other leagues in the past and people have more TPE available to them than they did during my first go around, essentially making 700 the new 400. Wasn't that one of the main reason for the change anyway?

Don't wanna complain too much about this, it's jutst kinda disheartening to see your old achievements invalidated, essentially being told that your old players sucked because people gain more TPE nowadays. In fact that systen change something that I already noticed a while ago when browsing the forums and it was one of the things that probably stopped me from returning earlier.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

I would disagree on that one, from what I've heard TPE-inflation was a thing here just as it was in other leagues in the past and people have more TPE available to them than they did during my first go around, essentially making 700 the new 400. Wasn't that one of the main reason for the change anyway?

Don't wanna complain too much about this, it's jutst kinda disheartening to see your old achievements invalidated, essentially being told that your old players sucked because people gain more TPE nowadays. In fact that systen change something that I already noticed a while ago when browsing the forums and it was one of the things that probably stopped me from returning earlier.

No one is at all saying your old players sucked, I had a bunch wiped off the list as well. It’s just that we can’t just say “well this guy was here earlier so he gets to have these lower TPE players while you don’t.” Your argument on ease isn’t wrong but to brand new people that argument doesn’t make sense.

The difference is 1 TPE and only if you are claiming welfare anyway, it’s not as significant as it may seem right now. Ultimately my hands are tied. Everyone had the follow the same rules and a few others got a bit screwed by it as well. Can’t make an exception for you.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

No one is at all saying your old players sucked, I had a bunch wiped off the list as well. It’s just that we can’t just say “well this guy was here earlier so he gets to have these lower TPE players while you don’t.” Your argument on ease isn’t wrong but to brand new people that argument doesn’t make sense.

The difference is 1 TPE and only if you are claiming welfare anyway, it’s not as significant as it may seem right now. Ultimately my hands are tied. Everyone had the follow the same rules and a few others got a bit screwed by it as well. Can’t make an exception for you.

Oh for sure, I'm not asking for an exception, just questioning the ruling in general. Some of the easy TPE-opportunities of today simple weren't available back then as far as I can tell. If we had reviews, press conferences and regular trivia back in the day then my and many other peoples players probably would have hit 800 or 900, maybe even over a 1000 TPE as well. That's the basis of my argument essentially, making it to 400 TPE forty seasons ago probably required the same amount of work if not more than getting to 700 does todayl

I think I almost have my first media spot ready by the way once I put all my posts in here together :D

@Mr_Hatter and @MattyIce thank you for your offer so far, I'm still holding out to see if there maybe is a playoff team interested in my services so that I can get some actual playing time this season, but if there isn't one until the weekend I will let you guys know and join one of your teams :)