Artair McCloud Season Review

Hoopydog

Artair McCloud S74 Season Review

So, with the conclusion of game 7, in the second round of this year’s playoffs, it’s an early trip home for the Las Vegas Aces as they were beaten by the Miami Marauders in the dying moments of regulation time. Now that the Aces season is officially over, let’s take a look at how Artair McCloud’s rookie year went and we’ll get to catch up with to find out what his thoughts are on his rookie year, the playoff drama and what his future could hold.

So, let’s start at the beginning, all the way back to the S74 VHLM draft where McCloud was drafted by the Aces 43rd overall. Most, if not all, GM’s would agree that this stage, and onward, of the VHLM draft is essentially luck and you can only hope that the player you pick is active. With this being the case, if you get the picks right, you can pull of some proper draft day steals and I think the Aces done this with McCloud. He has stayed active and played his part in this impressive Aces roster, continuing to earn TPE and fine tune his skills, making him a potential candidate for a first line wing role next season. Not bad for a middle 3rd rounder.

Regular Season

Although McCloud’s stats might not be impressive, he led his line in scoring. With 6G and 5A for 11P this season and a +/- of -3 he contributed when he could with the ice time he had and performed well when he had a short spell on the powerplay, managing to score a goal. He put up the points when I mattered and when he struggled to score, he tried to help the team in any way he could.

The Playoffs

His playoff stats showed signs of improvement in his game, as he notched up 2G and 1A in 12GP, giving him a point every 4 games. You might be thinking ‘A point every 4 games, that’s not great is it’ and you would be right but McCloud only played around 14 minutes for the whole of round 1 and a few minutes in game 1 and 2 of round 2. So, when you take that into account, and he got more ice time, he showed real improvement and repaid that faith shown in him by the management. So definitely promising signs for both McCloud and the Aces going forward

Now it’s time to hear from the man himself.

Reporter - “Artair thanks for taking the time to come and talk to us, I imagine that game 7 didn’t quite go the way you were hoping, how are you feeling after the game?”

McCloud – “Yeah it didn’t quite go the way we hoping, I would like to say, first of all, congrats to @Ricer13 and the Miami marauders. It was a proper nail biter up until the last drop of the puck. We done really well to come back the way we did, not just in game 7 but coming back from 3-0 in a best of 7 series take real guts so the boys can defiantly hold their heads up high and we’ll be back next year for another cup run

Reporter – “It really was an exciting series to watch and it could’ve gone either way and, like you said you had to claw your way back from a 3 games deficit to even force this game 7, What changes did the team make, not just tactically but also in your mentality”

McCloud – “You know after game 3, we were in the locker room for a while just talking the games over and we just kinda said that our performances weren’t good enough and that we were capable of so much better. We made a couple of tactical changes and Coaches Spartan and Jiggs made a real good job of getting us playing better. We knew we had to come out guns blazing and fortunately we have Minnott in net who is just an absolute animal and having that confidence in your tendy allows you to go out on the ice and really go for it

Reporter – “You yourself had a good game 6 where you scored 2 goals and you guys won the game by 6 goals to 2, that must’ve felt good to finally get your name on the scoresheet”

McCloud – “Yeah it was rough, having not scored a single point up until that stage. I spoke to the coach and my teammates about it they all just said the same thing you know, just keep playing your game and the points will come, and thankfully it they did. I can’t take the whole credit for the goals though, I got 2 good feeds from Breeze and Linus, I got the easy part of tucking it home

Reporter - “So now that your season is done, you must be looking forward to draft day and then also the start of next season. How are feeling about draft day?”

McCloud – “Not gonna lie, I’m a bit nervous about the draft to be honest. This draft class is packed full of top-quality talent so just getting picked will be an achievement in its own right. My agent keeps me updated with all of the rankings and stuff but I try not to pay attention to that

Reporter – “That about wraps up this interview Artair, is there anything else you’d like to say Artair?”

McCloud – “I would just like to thank my teammates, GM @Spartan and his partner in crime @JigglyGumballs. Also, good luck to the guys heading up to the VHL for next season @Crstats23@Rhynex Entertainment@G_Rush@NickSunderbruch@ZP16@DreMin15, your gonna absolutely kill it. I’ll be back next year #VegasStrong

So that wraps our review and interview with Artair McCloud and by the sounds of it he will be back next year for another run with the Las Vegas Aces. As McCloud said definitely not the way he nor his teammates wanted the season to go but that’s hockey for you. Thank you for tuning in and we will see what next has to offer for the Scottish Sensation, Artair McCloud

1027 words, Using for PT weeks 2-8 Nov and 9-15 Nov

Review good job on this, I like how you broke it down by draft night then the regular season and playoffs made it easy to follow, the interview part was good maybe change the color of either the Reporter or McCloud instead of just bolding them

rating 9/10

Review: I love the short paragraphs and lots of boldness and italics. #sorrynotsorry for that game seven, better luck next year. I always love when people mix a short article with a interview with a player. 

9/10