VHLM Marlins draft successful?

Prout

So I’ve had this article half done sitting since the draft and haven’t gotten much done about it other then ideas and what all I wanted to say and what not. And I’ve felt now is the week and time I’ll put it out for most part until i completely do everything I’ve got planned. 

So if you don't remember the VHLM draft Rockstar actually pulled two moves I personally don’t think anyone really seen coming and after he did them I couldn’t stop thinking why? Like why did he just do this? Is he bat shit crazy?- that answer is still the same and yes but I remember the live stream being all pumped first draft I was ranked decently high but I don’t remember where I was projected at the time but I don’t think I was going top three and possibly be outside of top five. 

So sitting there all excited to see where my player Cowboy Prout would go and what’s next in his career. Now I know the Marlins had the top pick and as much as at the time I REALLY wanted to be back. I joined as a wavier signing and @IamMOOSE and @InstantRockstar we’re so good to me in a struggling season they were having and I probably asked them the same questions on repeat and was truly annoying and more then, then I am now so imagine that. So I learned how to earn and what all I was doing. They had IA’s they dropped and locker room was not active and just plan old dry. It was a hard season and I learned as much as I could and loved being there. They had good management that just truly made the experience fun in a terrible year for the club. 

So after all that and year ended obviously the scouting process began and some may seem the article I posted at the time or my team press conferences (oh young Prout) making it clear I wanted to stay and I just love this team. I appreciated everything they’ve done for me and I didn’t want to play for a different team. 

Watchcing the draft and I’ll admit the leading up to the draft process wasn’t quite as fun as expected so the live stream definitely helped and was enjoyable by all the hosts. So here we are and I believe one of these two said the draft has now began ( @diamond_ace  I believe if not it was @Acydburn  ) who are both great at there jobs here and the Marlins had the top pick meaning I was not expecting the unexpected events of them going off board and making me happy but selecting Cowboy Prout. I’ll admit it felt for me personally like in the movie draft day where sunny doesn’t take the QB and goes off board and everyone was stunned and it felt like a bomb just dropped for me personally.  I was excited but still was fairly new to this community. I know how great all - If not most are and i was expecting more backlash then support but quite honestly all I got was support and congratulations. 

As a first gen that was truly amazing that happened as then doing that led to my next point of the trade for the second overall pick of this draft class that’s deep. So now going first overall as off the board the Marlins trade and get the second overall selection. And that’s when they brought the stud muffin himself @fromtheinside and same position as Cowboy Prout a Defencemen.  Scotty is a great member and I can’t say enough good things about the guy and he’s now a AGM here in the minors and recently became apart of VSN also. He’s yet again a first gen also. 

The marlins draft strategy was definitely unexpected from myself not from a players stand point of view but from a user as two defenders in the first round as 1-2. Personally I thought that this was something different but I didn’t know at the time how this would all play out. But now here we are in the season and have been rolling for abit now Cowboy Prout- (my player) has grown a lot and has played better then expected to be honest and having Scotty and the depth we have on defence is something that I think worked well and obviously having star player @Tate upfront is a boost and a half for us on the blue line but the Marlins strategy worked in my opinion and I think Defencemen will start to go early more now then expected in previous drafts. The Marlins will continue to look for more success as this season projects but here’s something to think about after getting two Defencemen as a one two punch 

Cowboy Prout - 41 games played 49 points and first in the league for Defencemen. Sixth in the league in assets with 35 for all players. Third in the league in shots blocked. So far I think he’s done good but still not deserving of the first overall section. (I still don’t think I was deserving) 

now heres what Scotty Kaberle has done this season so far  41 games played putting up a total of 45 points sitting fourth among the Defencemen. Third in the league for powerplay goals (11). Eighth in the league for game winners (5) I think it’s safe to say he’s a bright future prospect for the Toronto Legion that’ll definitely have themselves a solid future player and a good LR guy. That’s a solid player in coming seasons for the VHL to watch and see how well he progresses. 

So with all that being said I think it’s safe to say The San Diego Marlins had a successful draft and have started to look more as a contender this season and that this draft strategy worked. It’s safe to say this was a success and I’m sure god Cowboy Prout returned home for his final season in the M before he’ll make the jump to the New York Americans next season. 

Edited by Prout
Paragraph wasn’t good enough from the copy and paste I did

Claiming 1/2 weeks for this. (Tags don’t count unfortunately and had to make the paragraph actually meet where it was supposed to start)

but hope everyone enjoys and don’t mind there tags! 

1 minute ago, InstantRockstar said:

it was a no brainer to bring you back. Easiest decision I've made in 10 seasons :)

Haha well I’m glad to here that. You’ve made my experiences fun and enjoyable as a user here in the community I couldn’t thank you enough boss ❤️

9 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

damn this is probably your best writeup yet dude, nice work! Thanks for the love!

Thanks man! I appreciate it and your comments definitely makes me feel good after writing things like this

Thanks for doing this write up. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming draft, having a player in the same position you did last season. I'm trying to keep up my tpe and I'd like to go high, too. I definitely don't feel like draft position is dictated by much more than TPA and TPE Averages and player position, it's not like we can control the whims of the simulator. Great job with the article, a nice read. The Marlins got a steal though, you're a great community member, and I'm sure you're in their locker room now dishing out what knowledge you've gained yourself. I don't really feel like giving this a letter grade is entirely appropriate, but with a knock for the formatting, I guess, 9/10. The information was more personally useful than anything else.

Edited by Sljppers