Why I STAN the Chicago Phoenix

Victor

• Admin

Because who, if not the Phoenix, has adapted that magical spirit of S70 Moscow. All the way down to having @gorlab and @Aye my name jeff on the team as well. All the way down to having 2 expansion draftees on the cup-winning squad - Syreck and Squirrely dan - not unlike Dan Baillie on Moscow. Yeah, good expansion teams win while their expansion draftees are still around, looking at YOU MALMO.

Because over half of the team was not first-gen. This is a very welcome representation for us old folk in the league who need to stick together in these brave new times. I might give @Quik shit for going on vacation for 6 months but he still links me to the glory days of S19 Calgary. Or @solas, he's a connection to S30 Calgary. Cherish those connections.

Because #JEFFERSHIP FFS. The man who logged in twice in about 8 years solely to participate in Oregon Trail has built a cup winning roster. You love to see it.

Because Chicago featured @pennypenny and @twists. That's just top tier shithousery which deserves to be respected.

God bless Chicago, the new last bastion of the old VHL. I see you and I salute you.

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

Because Chicago featured @pennypenny and @twists. That's just top tier shithousery which deserves to be respected.

I think this is the best reason. Chicago turned heels to faces, gotta love it