(S81) C - CC Sheldon, TPE: 30

Mr. C.C.

32 minutes ago, 16z said:

Welcome aboard buddy. I'm the GM of the Ottawa Lynx, we didn't make the playoffs but you are more than welcome to join our Discord channel to learn a few things before the draft if you want to :)

I need to work on getting points to up my abilities.

27 minutes ago, Mr. C.C. said:

I need to work on getting points to up my abilities.

Yeah at first it'll be a small grind specially since you aren't used to things but it gets easier every week.

Can you make graphics or write small articles? That's the main part of earning but they also have easier things like a press conference where you answer 6 questions with a sentence.

Depending on how much time you decide to put in you can make a difference either way.. Welfare is a popular option for newer members (on your player profile) if you want to think of ideas and stuff while adjusting to the forum at first

Edited by 16z

5 minutes ago, 16z said:

Yeah at first it'll be a small grind specially since you aren't used to things but it gets easier every week.

Can you make graphics or write small articles? That's the main part of earning but they also have easier things like a press conference where you answer 6 questions with a sentence. Depending on how much time you decide to put in you can make a difference either way.. Welfare is a popular option on your player profile! 

Make graphics?  Good one.  I'm a total shit at that.  I can write.  But I need to stay focused on finishing what I write.  That's a problem.  Haha.

1 minute ago, Mr. C.C. said:

Make graphics?  Good one.  I'm a total shit at that.  I can write.  But I need to stay focused on finishing what I write.  That's a problem.  Haha.

Yeah it's a no go for me in that department too. Articles are only 500 words and it doesn't matter if you screw up at first.. You'll get feedback and get better in time.

We also have VHL.com articles that are 150 words.. Very easy

9 minutes ago, 16z said:

Yeah it's a no go for me in that department too. Articles are only 500 words and it doesn't matter if you screw up at first.. You'll get feedback and get better in time.

We also have VHL.com articles that are 150 words.. Very easy

It's not so much that I screw up.  It's just staying focused to finish a piece.

5 minutes ago, Mr. C.C. said:

It's not so much that I screw up.  It's just staying focused to finish a piece.

I feel you, go through the same thing and it takes me a little extra time but you have a full week to go back and edit.. Still need to get mine in before the end of the day 😅

Do you want to join the Lynx Discord? Can help you out with ideas and stuff? Don't want to spam your player thread so you can see all your offers incoming 😛

Edited by 16z

21 minutes ago, 16z said:

I feel you, go through the same thing and it takes me a little extra time but you have a full week to go back and edit.. Still need to get mine in before the end of the day 😅

Do you want to join the Lynx Discord? Can help you out with ideas and stuff? Don't want to spam your player thread so you can see all your offers incoming 😛

You'll have to send me an invite.

Welcome to the VHL @Mr. C.C.!

My name is Alex_J32, I'm the AGM for the Philadelphia Reapers. Currently the Philadelphia Reapers are one of the favourites to win the Founder's Cup and I'd like to reach out and offer you a position on our roster! We are building a very competitive team, and would slot you in as a 4th line center. If you continuously build your TPE by interacting within the community and contributing in TPE generating tasks, you'll be able to play more minutes and possibly move up the depth chart!

Here in Philadelphia, we pride ourselves on the players we develop. My GM and I work hard to ensure that every member of the team enjoys their time on the Reapers and builds a legacy to begin their career. Numerous VHL greats got started right here in Philadelphia, and we would love to add your name on the list. We also have a great locker room filled with great players that would love to get to know you!

If you're interested in becoming a Reaper, just quote this post and reply back with #FEARTHEREAPER. Once you do that, we will add you to our roster and get you in the locker room.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Many legacies have been built with the Reapers. Will you join the many great Reapers of legend and craft a VHL career worthy of the HOF? What will your legacy be?

2lz3g190izc71.png

Hello there @Mr. C.C. and welcome to the VHL! I'm Domg5, the general manager of the Yukon Rush. We are currently eliminated from the playoffs which means that we can't sign any player untill next season but I know how confusing and exciting it can be when you join this league for the first time.

On the other side, what I can offer you is an opportunity to join our locker room as a guest and chat with our players and our alumnis. We also have a few guys from the other teams chating in there. From there, we can help you about your build, giving you the details about how things work in this league (the draft, the season start, your career path, everything)

Yukon Rush Discord

There is also a tournament coming up soonish that will include the new players just like you, the GMs are a bunch of dedicated guys and it will be a lot of fun and a perfect opportunity to meet a lot of folks.

Junior Showcase Tournament Discord

Junior Showcase Tournament explained

And lastly, we also have a discord for the whole league where you can talk with people from every teams and they can help you as well. We're a very helpful community and as long as you will need help, you will easily find it!

VHL Discord

Good luck on your new player and most importantly, have fun! 

15 hours ago, Domg5 said:

Hello there @Mr. C.C. and welcome to the VHL! I'm Domg5, the general manager of the Yukon Rush. We are currently eliminated from the playoffs which means that we can't sign any player untill next season but I know how confusing and exciting it can be when you join this league for the first time.

Um, do they not know how hockey works?  Being eliminated from the playoffs has no bearing on being able to make transactions.  That is a stupid rule to have.  Signing players and working on your roster is what you do to make what you think is the best possible team.  I don't want to wait a season to be signed.

12 hours ago, Mr. C.C. said:

Um, do they not know how hockey works?  Being eliminated from the playoffs has no bearing on being able to make transactions.  That is a stupid rule to have.  Signing players and working on your roster is what you do to make what you think is the best possible team.  I don't want to wait a season to be signed.

Hey mate, The way waivers work in this league is you sign with a team for a season then get drafted in a dispersal draft during the offseason. We just finished up our regular season so If you were to sign with Yukon they’d have to wave your rights for the draft before you even could play a game with them. They are allowed to make transactions it would just be pointless to sign a player off waivers. As for the waiting part we have a prospect tournament that will be taking place during playoffs which should get your player some action before the draft. You can learn more about it in its discord https://discord.gg/AeSZvjkd sorry for any confusion and I hope this clears up your concerns 

30 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

Hey mate, The way waivers work in this league is you sign with a team for a season then get drafted in a dispersal draft during the offseason. We just finished up our regular season so If you were to sign with Yukon they’d have to wave your rights for the draft before you even could play a game with them. They are allowed to make transactions it would just be pointless to sign a player off waivers. As for the waiting part we have a prospect tournament that will be taking place during playoffs which should get your player some action before the draft. You can learn more about it in its discord https://discord.gg/AeSZvjkd sorry for any confusion and I hope this clears up your concerns 

Signing people off waivers is not pointless.  It's done all the time in hockey.  People are claimed off waivers and given whatever contract is agreed to on both sides.  Only playing for a team for one season is pointless.  When you get drafted to a team, you don't get drafted over and over unless it's an expansion draft, or in the case of a dispersal draft, when a team ceases to exist or merges with another.  Clearly Yukon Rush still exist.  That effectively renders a dispersal draft pointless.  What should be had is an entry draft.  People play in leagues without being drafted as well.  This needs to be rethought.

Edited by Mr. C.C.

Signing people off waivers is not pointless.  It's done all the time in hockey.  Only playing for a team for one season is pointless.  When you get drafted to a team, you don't get drafted over and over unless it's an expansion draft, or in the case of a dispersal draft, when a team ceases to exist or merges with another.  Clearly Yukon Rush still exist.  That effectively renders a dispersal draft pointless.

Never said signing people off waivers is pointless I said in Yukon’s case it is. When you join the league you can sign with a team off waivers and play with them for the rest of the season. Then you get entered into a draft the following season. This season just ended so the teams that didn’t make playoffs are done until next season. You joined after the regular season ended but before playoffs. So that means that if you were to sign with a team that didn’t make playoffs you wouldn’t play a single game because they have none before the draft. After you get drafted you sign a 3 season contract with the team that drafted you. I hope that makes sense to you 

12 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

Never said signing people off waivers is pointless I said in Yukon’s case it is. When you join the league you can sign with a team off waivers and play with them for the rest of the season. Then you get entered into a draft the following season. This season just ended so the teams that didn’t make playoffs are done until next season. You joined after the regular season ended but before playoffs. So that means that if you were to sign with a team that didn’t make playoffs you wouldn’t play a single game because they have none before the draft. After you get drafted you sign a 3 season contract with the team that drafted you. I hope that makes sense to you 

You keep making it sound worse.  You don't know how signings work?  You don't sign to a certain contract because the league wants you to.  That's not up to the league.  It's up to the franchise and the player to negotiate a deal for four seasons, eight seasons, or whatever.  If you are drafted to a team and things are not working out, it's pointless to be in a contract and not be able to be traded because of this stupid rule.  It's basic business of sports.

Edited by Mr. C.C.

You keep making it sound worse.  You don't know how signings work?  You don't sign to a certain contract because the league wants you to.  That's not up to the league.  It's up to the franchise and the player to negotiate a deal for four seasons, eight seasons, or whatever.  It's basic business of sports.

I’m just explaining the minor system or VHLM, contract negotiations and all that advanced “business of sports“ happens when you go up to the VHL.

7 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

I’m just explaining the minor system or VHLM, contract negotiations and all that advanced “business of sports“ happens when you go up to the VHL.

The business of sports also applies to major junior and minor pro leagues.  They can negotiate how they see fit.  Not sure why that's hard to understand.

The business of sports also applies to major junior and minor pro leagues.  They can negotiate how they see fit.  Not sure why that's hard to understand.

I’m not very interested in continuing this. I told you how this league works, you can decide if you like it or not. It’s fun I definitely recommend it I’ve had a great time here.

11 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

I’m not very interested in continuing this. I told you how this league works, you can decide if you like it or not. It’s fun I definitely recommend it I’ve had a great time here.

Just because that's the way the league "works" doesn't mean it's good.  Things can and should change, but you're clearly opposed to that.  You don't have to fall in line and except things as they are.  Don't be scared of push back.  If nobody pushed back, things throughout history wouldn't have changed for the better.  Not having to be stuck in a three year contract is a good thing.  Being in a dispersal draft is pointless when teams haven't folded or merged with another.  Not playing a game till the next season is generally how hockey works when picked up in the off season.  In fact, that's how it works in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NLL (National Lacrosse League), WNBA, etc.. when picked up in the off season.  All this wasn't clearly thought through.

I think you’re really hung up on words like “waivers” and “dispersal draft”. These guys are pros, they did a great job explaining how things work here. It’s fine if you think it’s silly, but we’re also playing simulation hockey which is silly. 

You can sign as a free agent for playoffs, or you can chill for a bit til the draft. We have our brand-new Junior Showcase Tournament, where all the best draft-eligible players will be showing off for the GMs. We’d love to have you there.

The draft will be in a few weeks, after the Founders Cup is awarded. You’ve got til then to convince GMs that they should use a draft pick on you. Teams value team-players, constructive and supportive players, who are open to being coached. Keep working on that if you wanna be a VHL Legend!

6 minutes ago, bigAL said:

I think you’re really hung up on words like “waivers” and “dispersal draft”. These guys are pros, they did a great job explaining how things work here. It’s fine if you think it’s silly, but we’re also playing simulation hockey which is silly. 

You can sign as a free agent for playoffs, or you can chill for a bit til the draft. We have our brand-new Junior Showcase Tournament, where all the best draft-eligible players will be showing off for the GMs. We’d love to have you there.

The draft will be in a few weeks, after the Founders Cup is awarded. You’ve got til then to convince GMs that they should use a draft pick on you. Teams value team-players, constructive and supportive players, who are open to being coached. Keep working on that if you wanna be a VHL Legend!

Why would I sign just because it's playoffs?  That's stupid.  I would sign during the season or off season.  Holding out for the right deal is what people do all the time.  Plus, I don't want no three year deal just because the league says so.  I want a deal that's good for the franchise and myself.

He used dispersal draft wrong and didn't bother correcting himself.  He said being signed off waivers is pointless.  He should really think about how he says think.  That would great.

5 minutes ago, Mr. C.C. said:

Why would I sign just because it's playoffs?  That's stupid.  I would sign during the season or off season.  Holding out for the right deal is what people do all the time.  Plus, I don't want no three year deal just because the league says so.  I want a deal that's good for the franchise and myself.  If things are not working between myself and the franchise, it makes an arbitrary three season deal highly pointless.

He used dispersal draft wrong and didn't bother correcting himself.  He said being signed off waivers is pointless.  He should really think about how he says think.  That would great.