Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

6 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. If you have a favorite NHL team, how do you think they're going to do this season? If not, which team would you root for if you had to choose?

2. What are you looking to improve for your player this off-season?

3. Which VHL/VHLM team do you think has the best branding and why?

1. All eyes are on Matvei Michkov, and he has looked fantastic in the preseason. This will likely be another borderline playoff season, but with Michkov making it over the excitement is through the roof now in Philadelphia. 

2. To increase my banked TPE even more to bitchslap another round of regression away.

3. Prague's logo and colors are just so cool and unique. It really stands apart from the rest of the league. 

1. Between Toronto and Riga, which Season 95 Conference Champion has the best chance of returning to the Cup Finals?

2. What is your favorite all-time VHL player name?

3. Do chicken nuggets taste better when they're shaped like a dinosaur?

6 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. Between Toronto and Riga, which Season 95 Conference Champion has the best chance of returning to the Cup Finals?

I'm going to say Toronto because they have more top-end players and those are a bit harder to get through roster moves. They do have some work to do in mitigating retirements, but a championship will still be achievable.

10 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

2. What is your favorite all-time VHL player name?

I'm partial to @Abaddon's MORPHEUS DESTRUCTIOUS--I've really never been one to lean heavily into the roleplay side of the site, but I really appreciated what came attached to this player and the name was cool too.

11 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

3. Do chicken nuggets taste better when they're shaped like a dinosaur?

I'm actually going to go out on a limb here and say NO--I actually didn't grow up on these for some reason and the ones I have memories of are just basic nugget-shaped. Perhaps if that weren't the case I would have a different opinion.

1. What is your favorite defunct VHL (or VHLM) franchise?

2. What are your thoughts on the E being deleted? Do you agree with the decision, and is there anything you would change about it?

3. What shows are you currently watching, and why should I care?

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

1. What is your favorite defunct VHL (or VHLM) franchise?

2. What are your thoughts on the E being deleted? Do you agree with the decision, and is there anything you would change about it?

3. What shows are you currently watching, and why should I care?

1. I don’t have a favorite defunct franchise. BladeMaiden is my favorite defunct GM however… I guess.

2. I trust the league officials to make the right call. 3 leagues is a lot. Rather 2 packed leagues than 3 empty ones.

3. I’ve been watching way too much Minecraft YouTube. Please don’t care, it’s ridiculous.

1. If you started a sim league of your own, what sport and what sim would you use?

2. What are your thoughts on the recent GM changes?

3. If you could change one thing about the VHL, what would it be?

19 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

Answers

1. I would say Richmond could be a role model. Maybe with not his play though, but instead his off-ice demeanor.

2. Belgium. I have family from there so that would be the reasoning why.

3. I'm pretty sure he could say the national anthem, but I don't know about singing it. He probably would not be the best!

Questions

1. If you have a favorite NHL team, how do you think they're going to do this season? If not, which team would you root for if you had to choose?

2. What are you looking to improve for your player this off-season?

3. Which VHL/VHLM team do you think has the best branding and why?

Answers

1. I'm a Flyers fan, I think they'll be mediocre but between Michkov, Foerster, Tippett, Fedotov, and Farabee there's a lot to look forward to. I think Michkov will be sensational this season if preseason has shown anything, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes 30 and 30 this year. But i trust Briere and hes been doing very good so far, the future looks bright.

2. This is my first season, but I want to try and improve my point totals and FO% during the Junior Showcase.

3. I really like the Prague Phantoms. It might just be because of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, but I think the logo is sick.

Questions

1. If you were a GM in the NHL and could pick any player besides Makar or Bedard to build your franchise around who would pick?

2. If the VHL/VHLM expanded what city would you want to have a team?

3. Does Pineapple belong on pizza?

1. If you were a GM in the NHL and could pick any player besides Makar or Bedard to build your franchise around who would pick?

I would probably go with Connor McDavid still has plenty of good years left.

Need to expand to bring in Vasteras back clearly.

I'm rather indifferent to this. Will eat the pizza if there is pineapple on it but I'm probably not ever ordering it as a topping.

------
1. If you could GM any team in the VHL/VHLM which would it be?

2. Who do you think goes first overall in the VHL draft this season?

3. Do you like Halloween?

18 hours ago, Velevra said:

I would probably go with Connor McDavid still has plenty of good years left.

Need to expand to bring in Vasteras back clearly.

I'm rather indifferent to this. Will eat the pizza if there is pineapple on it but I'm probably not ever ordering it as a topping.

------
1. If you could GM any team in the VHL/VHLM which would it be?

2. Who do you think goes first overall in the VHL draft this season?

3. Do you like Halloween?

Answers:

1. The Houston Bulls

I really enjoyed my time on that VHLM team and it was the first team I joined. If I had time it would be enjoyable walking new members as an M GM through motions of the league. 

2. Ah shoot I haven't been paying too much attention this season to know who might be drafted first. Looking at the M leadership board for stats at points right now Joel Jakobs might have a good chance at a first pick? 

3. I like Halloween stuff for kids and to celebrate with my kids. Candy is always a plus. But I absolutely hate the fake plastic masks and gore the adults have for Halloween whether that be costumes or decor.  It just grosses me out, I'm not a fan of those Halloween baking shows because why would I want to eat something that looks gross lol. I get the fun in it, I'm just a party pooper for that side of it. 

Questions:

1. Do you have any new rivals going into the new season? Or if you are retiring who would you say your biggest rival was last season?

2. Is there a forum user who media spots, podcasts or graphics you really enjoy checking out more than others, what makes their stuff stand out?

3. Are you celebrating or doing anything for Halloween this year?

Edited by Subject056

On 10/1/2024 at 1:45 PM, Subject056 said:

Questions:

1. Do you have any new rivals going into the new season? Or if you are retiring who would you say your biggest rival was last season?

2. Is there a forum user who media spots, podcasts or graphics you really enjoy checking out more than others, what makes their stuff stand out?

3. Are you celebrating or doing anything for Halloween this year?

Answers:

1. My last player retired at the end of S94 and I took most of the season off before recreating. No rivals yet, but with how my player tends to behave I bet he will have some soon enough.

2. It’s extremely difficult for me to only select 1 user because I’ve loved sooo many different people’s content over the years. I gotta shout out @Gustav  here simply due to how many banger articles he’s put out over the years. 

3. I’ll be taking my kids trick-or-treating so it’s going to be a really busy day😂 Definitely worth it tho!

Questions:

1. Do you celebrate thanksgiving and if so, when do you celebrate it?

2. How do you think the VHLM is going to look with the new cap and recent closing of the VHLE?

3. NHL pre-season is just about over, how does your favourite time look so far heading into the regular season?

1. Do you celebrate thanksgiving and if so, when do you celebrate it?

No I don't as Im not from America.

2. How do you think the VHLM is going to look with the new cap and recent closing of the VHLE?

It's gonna look buffed! The skill level in the M league will go up a lot!

3. NHL pre-season is just about over, how does your favourite time look so far heading into the regular season?
Don't really follow NHL unfortunately!

QUESTIONS:
1. - After receiving your first pay in the league, what is the one investment your player made if any?
2. - Would you rather buy a Sports car for country side or proper Off-road car for city life?
3. - Is your player afraid of anything?

On 10/1/2021 at 3:18 PM, NSG said:

1. I got one of my class grades up to a 90, so now my parents aren’t pissed off at me.
2. What surprised me was learning that this place wasn’t always as cool as it is currently. Reading up about it made me thankful that it turned around.

3. Washington Capitols because they’re my favorite team.

1. What’s your favorite video game?

2. Which animal would you like to be (not necessarily your favorite animal, the animal whose lifestyle you like the most, in a sense)

3. Which VHLE team is your fave?

1. My favorite video game is GTA V. There's just too much you can do in that game not to love it.

2. I would like to be a dolphin. It would just be interesting to see how they live, how their minds work, and what's actually in the deep that we can't see.

3. VHLE is disbanded, but if it was still around, I'd take Stockholm. I like the name a city and it is definitely a hockey market.

1. Which team is the best to get drafted by?

2. Which player do you try to model your player after?

3. What European professional team do you most like to watch/follow?

Edited by flyersfan345

2 hours ago, flyersfan345 said:

1. Which team is the best to get drafted by?

2. Which player do you try to model your player after?

3. What European professional team do you most like to watch/follow?

Answers

1. The Chicago Phoenix of course! No bias whatsoever, I promise.

2. I try to model my players game after Tage Thompson. He's an exceptional player and I hope my player can do as well as him!

3. I don't follow European sports, but I would have to say any team at the World Cup basically. That's the only time I watch any European sport.

Questions

1. What VHL team do you think will be the underdog this season and why?

2. Who do you think is going to win the Calder (ROTY) in the NHL and why?

3. What is your favorite type of pasta and why?

2 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. What VHL team do you think will be the underdog this season and why?

I think LA is finally starting to look semi-respectable. Still an underdog, but one that will be interesting to watch after some nice moves recently.

2. Who do you think is going to win the Calder (ROTY) in the NHL and why?

I'm horrible with NHL knowledge honestly. When I looked it up, I learned who Matvei Michkov is and I also learned that he's (by some sources) favored over Celebrini--that's an interesting story and so I'll go with it.

3. What is your favorite type of pasta and why?

As an Italian I could go off about this. Aside from the easy answer of spaghetti, your pasta should be able to fit easily on a fork without breaking and hold sauce well (it shouldn't slip off). Things like cavatappi (for example) do both of these things worse than things like penne (for example). Penne is probably #1 because it does both of those things pretty well, and in a combined way I would say it does both of those things better than anything else.

But Gustav, isn't rotini awesome for holding sauce because of all those ridges and all that surface area? Sure, and I love rotini too, especially for pasta salads, but it's also going to fall apart easily, especially if you overcook it. If you have chunks of things in your sauce, too, the interference of those things with your pasta will cause it to fall apart much more than it would with a different (penne) pasta.

1. The VHLM just finished its draft tonight. What was the first team you were ever drafted to, and what was your experience with it?

2. Football season is in full swing, and I am busy wasting just about all of all of my weekends. Is there any non-hockey sport (or anything at all) that gets you super involved during a specific time of the year?

3. What's your favorite RECENT movie?

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

1. The VHLM just finished its draft tonight. What was the first team you were ever drafted to, and what was your experience with it?

2. Football season is in full swing, and I am busy wasting just about all of all of my weekends. Is there any non-hockey sport (or anything at all) that gets you super involved during a specific time of the year?

3. What's your favorite RECENT movie?

1. Philadelphia, it was a great time!

2. I’d have to say skiing

3. ready player one is really good!

1. should players always sign for the minimum salary?

2. What team won the VHL draft?

3. Is cereal soup?

On 10/7/2024 at 5:39 AM, Alex said:

1. Philadelphia, it was a great time!

2. I’d have to say skiing

3. ready player one is really good!

1. should players always sign for the minimum salary?

2. What team won the VHL draft?

3. Is cereal soup?

1. In the VHL? No, I don't think so, because I feel like having a large balance for the Player Store is pretty important for player development; it would also add a bit of drama to the league, which wouldn't be a terrible thing imo.

2. I'm gunna go with Helsinki, I think their three first round picks are going to be very important for them in the coming seasons, especially with the new VHLM rules affecting call-ups.

3. Technically yes, culturally no. That being said, there are certain soups that are served cold but still called soup, so idk.

1. Do you see yourself being a member of the VHL for the next 5 years?

2. What (in your opinion) is the worst current aspect of the VHL?

3. Which is your least favorite VHL franchise and why?

On 10/8/2024 at 1:08 PM, Corco said:

1. In the VHL? No, I don't think so, because I feel like having a large balance for the Player Store is pretty important for player development; it would also add a bit of drama to the league, which wouldn't be a terrible thing imo.

2. I'm gunna go with Helsinki, I think their three first round picks are going to be very important for them in the coming seasons, especially with the new VHLM rules affecting call-ups.

3. Technically yes, culturally no. That being said, there are certain soups that are served cold but still called soup, so idk.

1. Do you see yourself being a member of the VHL for the next 5 years?

Been here for quite some time and if I don't burnout then yes for sure. VHL has always been a good time.

2. What (in your opinion) is the worst current aspect of the VHL?

That low grade, no effort graphics can earn 6 points vs a 500 word media article

3. Which is your least favorite VHL franchise and why?

I don't really have a least favorite but if I had to choose one then maybe Helsinki as I believe this is the only team in my whole VHL career that I have had no interactions with.

1) If you could rename your VHL teams arena, what would you name it?

2) What are your players season goals for this upcomming season?

3) What would you do if you were the last person left on earth?

On 10/11/2024 at 12:47 PM, Greg_Di said:

1) If you could rename your VHL teams arena, what would you name it?

2) What are your players season goals for this upcomming season?

3) What would you do if you were the last person left on earth?

Answers

1) I’m not drafted to a VHL team, yet. So I’m not sure 🤷🏻

2) Ricky LaFleur is looking to start his first full season as a starting goalie, and hopefully carry them through the playoffs when the time comes.

3) Survive.

Questions

1) What are you most excited for this upcoming season? (VHL or VHLM)

2) What is your player/goalie’s guilty pleasure during the offseason?

3) Do you have any plans for Halloween?

54 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

Questions

1) What are you most excited for this upcoming season? (VHL or VHLM)

2) What is your player/goalie’s guilty pleasure during the offseason?

3) Do you have any plans for Halloween?

1. Finally winning a playoff series. It has to happen, right?

2. Making bead art.

3. Nah, I'll be handing out candy I guess. Not sure what the trick-or-treat traffic will be like at my place. I do have a bee outfit for my cat. Maybe I'll dress up to match that.

1. If one of the VHL were going to replace an existing team with a VHLE team, and they called on you and you alone to make the decision, which team goes and which team is replacing them?

2. Do you care about being selected early in a draft? I'm sure for some, it may be a point of pride.

3. What is your favorite Halloween costume that you have worn?

2 hours ago, scoop said:

1. Finally winning a playoff series. It has to happen, right?

2. Making bead art.

3. Nah, I'll be handing out candy I guess. Not sure what the trick-or-treat traffic will be like at my place. I do have a bee outfit for my cat. Maybe I'll dress up to match that.

1. If one of the VHL were going to replace an existing team with a VHLE team, and they called on you and you alone to make the decision, which team goes and which team is replacing them?

2. Do you care about being selected early in a draft? I'm sure for some, it may be a point of pride.

3. What is your favorite Halloween costume that you have worn?

Ooo good questions

Answers:

1. I'd pick Oslo Storm because I'm biased towards that team and won a cup with them! I'd replace London with Oslo. Mostly because I've heard some of the London team had wanted to relocate to Scotland anyways so I don't think they'd be too sad to see it go. 

2. From a selfish standpoint yes, yes I do. It was great feeling seeing your player perform really well and know that you've taken your player in a good direction. Personally it felt like I achieved something great with my player that a GM was willing to take them on early / take a chance on them. 

3. Took a stab at doing a comic style costume and I think the drawn on comic makeup was pretty good for my limited art skills. 

Questions:

1. Do you join and participate in the live drafts? 

2. If you had to add another segment to the love drafts what you are? 

3. Do you do anything for Halloween? Why or why not?

Edited by Subject056

12 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Ooo good questions

Answers:

1. I'd pick Oslo Storm because I'm biased towards that team and won a cup with them! I'd replace London with Oslo. Mostly because I've heard some of the London team had wanted to relocate to Scotland anyways so I don't think they'd be too sad to see it go. 

2. From a selfish standpoint yes, yes I do. It was great feeling seeing your player perform really well and know that you've taken your player in a good direction. Personally it felt like I achieved something great with my player that a GM was willing to take them on early / take a chance on them. 

3. Took a stab at doing a comic style costume and I think the drawn on comic makeup was pretty good for my limited art skills. 

Questions:

1. Do you join and participate in the live drafts? 

2. If you had to add another segment to the love drafts what you are? 

3. Do you do anything for Halloween? Why or why not?

Answers:

1. This is my first year in the league. I watched the VHLM draft live as I was being drafted. I was honestly quite surprised by the production of the draft. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun and really cool. I look forward to watching them next season.

2. I get that the drafts are already long and you don't want them to go on forever, but I think it would be cool to hear from some of the GMs why they picked certain players. It would be interesting to see what caught their attention or what their plan is for drafting said player.

3. Every Halloween I rewatch old Horror movies. Anything from the 60s-80s. Most of them are beyond terrible but its always fun to see what people thought was scary at that time.

Questions:

1. What is your all time favorite Horror movie?

2. If you could replace any NHL team with a VHL/VHLM team which would you pick and why?

3. What do you think is the most important position/role on the ice? What are your reasons for picking said position/role?

22 hours ago, SMYLS4 said:

Questions:

1. What is your all time favorite Horror movie?

2. If you could replace any NHL team with a VHL/VHLM team which would you pick and why?

3. What do you think is the most important position/role on the ice? What are your reasons for picking said position/role?

1. I really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods. I thought it was a nice twist on the genre itself while still giving a "horror" feel.

2. I'm replacing the Maple Leafs with the Oslo Screaming Seamen (look it up, it was a real VHLM team at one point).

3. Goaltender; not only do they have to stop the puck [obviously], but they also can act as a playcaller, letting their teammates know what is developing on the ice as they can see the entire rink from their position.

1. Do you think that "roleplaying" a VHL player is a lost art? As in, players method-acting as their player (whether it be serious or outlandishly hilarious) on the forums or on discord? This used to be an actual thing in the VHL.

2. Who do you think is the best GFX artist currently in the VHL?

3. Off the top of your head, how many defunct VHL/VHLM franchises do you think you could name without cheating?