Looking, Thinking, Maybe I'll Join :)

lere2001

Came here from the crushed USFL :P

I'll be looking around for the next few days and checking out if I want to join :)

Btw guys, playing EA Sports UFC online right now if you want to watch: www.twitch.tv/lere2001

Came here from the crushed USFL :P

I'll be looking around for the next few days and checking out if I want to join :)

Btw guys, playing EA Sports UFC online right now if you want to watch: www.twitch.tv/lere2001

You are always welcome to join us lere2001. If you need help there are plenty of members who can assist you. I found out that first hand when I first joined. This is a great community.

You should definitely give it a go. There is a somewhat sizable segment of the community that came here not really knowing anything about hockey, but they've had success in this league. The league has been around for 40 seasons and has survived 2 site changes (1 forced and 1 unforced-ish), so obviously we're doing something right.

I'm big on hockey, so the knowledge isn't the problem.

I was on SHL but the community turned me off.

SHL community is a rather immature bunch. This site I can clearly tell you, is a lot more mature. We have our moments, but nothing like SHL.

Shaka should invest all his sim league energy here. The man's brilliant, he just needs to commit to the winners. :D

Anyway, I definitely recommend joining. Everyone except Kendrick and Sheriff is really friendly. And while I wouldn't say we're "mature," as evidenced by 90% of the non-game threads I've created, we're definitely cooler than the lot over at the SHL. Unfortunately some of their scum still choose to mingle here, like this Cuffy feller. He's a real fuckface!

Although if you don't decide to join, that's okay! We'll still be around if you change your mind in another 7 years. :P

its a shaka league i dont see how anyone really thought itd last :P seeing he done the same thing twice now

That's the thing though, he has this stigma attached to him now that his leagues don't last, but he was one of the most dedicated admins Ive ever seen in a football league. They were his babies. It's a shame that a poor member base, coupled with immaturity and members that want everything handed to them are the downfalls, but since he was the head admin and creator, he gets the blame put him. 

It was far from his fault. 

That's the thing though, he has this stigma attached to him now that his leagues don't last, but he was one of the most dedicated admins Ive ever seen in a football league. They were his babies. It's a shame that a poor member base, coupled with immaturity and members that want everything handed to them are the downfalls, but since he was the head admin and creator, he gets the blame put him. 

It was far from his fault. 

i didnt even join but didnt it fail because he didnt have time? between his job and his gf. What i heard from some guys

Ah so that's why we have our usual actives who go inactive once another non hockey sim league is formed again.

I came before it failed. I have like shaka esp. I always quit like 2-3 months before failure

The member base here is beyond spectacular. I often find myself overwhelmed with new posts and information each time I log on. If a league like this could translate to football, I would be in 7th Heaven. Not sure why football leagues can't last. 

Anyways, back on track. Lere, I have been here for a while now, semiactive at times, inactive at other times, but this is the league that has proven they can stand the test of the time. The community is great, which is a huge plus, and while I don't post often, I am always looking around, taking things in. It's about time I gear it up though. I think everyone would love to have another member here, so get on board now so you don't miss out on more.

i didnt even join but didnt it fail because he didnt have time? between his job and his gf. What i heard from some guys

As of about a month ago, he left for more personal life issues. Work, planning a marriage, etc. Before that, he was busting his ass everyday. 

He had it set up so that the BOD could run things in his absence, but it seemed only a few guys were actually doing those things. It was probably already on the downhill path before that anyways, because just like the MFA, all these players join just to go inactive a couple weeks down the road. That's what is frustrating about football leagues as of late. 

It is what it is though. Im not here to bash any one person in particular, what happened, happened. If someone wants to place the blame of the SSN and USFL closing shop solely on Shaka's shoulders, that's their right to do so, but I think they would be dead wrong in thinking that way.