Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

avJieZ4.png

1. Stockholm was predicted by VSN to finish 5th this season, but instead the Vikings are 2nd after the first week, just one point behind Vasteras. What has the team off to such a strong start?

2. Four teams are within four points of first-place Vasteras, it's still anybody's race after the first week of the season. Do you think the competitive balance will remain like this for the rest of the season?

3. Ryan Artyomov and Jeffrey Blake have both been phenomenal so far in net, what kind of a difference does it make for the team to have not one, but two reliable goaltenders on the roster?

4. To you, what is the single most important aspect of the VHL experience?

5. Who is the funniest person you've encountered so far in the league?

6. Would you rather fight a single grizzly bear or ten thousand rats?

22 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Stockholm was predicted by VSN to finish 5th this season, but instead the Vikings are 2nd after the first week, just one point behind Vasteras. What has the team off to such a strong start?

2. Four teams are within four points of first-place Vasteras, it's still anybody's race after the first week of the season. Do you think the competitive balance will remain like this for the rest of the season?

3. Ryan Artyomov and Jeffrey Blake have both been phenomenal so far in net, what kind of a difference does it make for the team to have not one, but two reliable goaltenders on the roster?

1. A balanced roster and immediately clicking as a team.

2. I think we'll run away with it. So maybe 2-5 

3. It allows them bot to stay fresh and also allows the ability to ride whose hot at the time. It also allows the defensive to take a few chances to make big plays. Alternatively once we get the lead a strong defensive game and one of them in net allows us to hold the lead.

4. Community

5. That's a tough one. Lots to choose from. 

6. Rats. Unless if they are carrying the black plague.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:14 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1 -- we have had great goaltending so far and great all around play from both our offense and defense with multiple players contributing on the score sheet

2 -- i think there will start to be some seperation among the teams once teams hit winning and losing streaks

3 -- it makes a huge difference because we as a team know we can count on either one of those guys to steal a game for us or provide top notch goaltending game in and game out

4 -- interacting with all of the different users and having a great locker room experience meeting and talking with people from all over the world

5 -- my old Miami GM Tet, he definitely kept the LR lively 

6-- grizzly bear cause at least its a 1 on 1 fight - 10k rats are way too many to keep track of and defeat

avJieZ4.png

1. After 30 games, Vasteras has begun to build a lead atop the VHLE standings, but outside of Oslo at 17 points, the rest of the field is right in the thick of it. Rome is in second with 38 points, with Stockholm in third with 33 points, with Bratislava and Cologne right behind them. Does this team have what it takes to climb higher in the standings?

2. What do you see as the strength of this Stockholm team this season?

3. During Stockholm's original run in the VHL, the logo used red instead of blue. Which variant do you like better?

4. Is there an aspect of the VHLE that needs to change in your opinion?

5. The NFL season begins tonight! What type of year will it be for your team?

6. What's your go-to dad joke?

6 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. After 30 games, Vasteras has begun to build a lead atop the VHLE standings, but outside of Oslo at 17 points, the rest of the field is right in the thick of it. Rome is in second with 38 points, with Stockholm in third with 33 points, with Bratislava and Cologne right behind them. Does this team have what it takes to climb higher in the standings?

3. During Stockholm's original run in the VHL, the logo used red instead of blue. Which variant do you like better?

1. I think we certainly have the ability to climb the standings but I'm more focused on clinching the playoffs. I'm confident we can win a series against any of these teams!

2. Versatility. I think we've done well adjusting gameplans to get W's.

3. I don't have much of a preference between the two colors. I think it works for both of them.

4. The only thing I'd like is more teams! Otherwise I'm content with the rules.

5. I'm hoping the Buffalo Bills will have another exciting year.

6. I heard music coming from the office. It was just the printer jamming. 

On 9/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1 -- we absolutely do, we have great goaltending and solid offense and defense, we just have to put together a string of games where it all comes together instead of win 2 then lose 2 etc

2 -- anyone on any given night can step up for this team and carry us to victory 

3 -- i like the blue much better - the blue and yellow go together so well and its much cooler looking

4 -- honestly, i dont think so - 6 teams is good instead of 8 so the talent isnt spread too thin

5 -- everyone is high on the steelers thinking 11 ish wins but i am more in the 8/9 range and missing the playoffs 

6 -- funny thing is my wife just asked me on her way to work what planet is in the morning sky and i said ' your anus' and that is basic response to anytime any of the kids ask the similar type of question

On 9/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Not likely with the season coming to an end but playoffs are all that matters 

2. We are a tight knit group that could win any game 

3. I think I prefer the red one 

4. Not too sure. Still not sold on it as a league in general but it’s my first time in it and it’s better than I thought before this season. 
5. Probably another shit one. Although Tua had a massive game Sunday 

6. Two muffins are in an oven, one muffin says ‘Fuck it’s hot in here,’ the other muffin says ‘Holy fuck! A talking muffin!’ (I don’t have kids)

avJieZ4.png

1. Inconsistency has plagued the Stockholm Vikings this season, as the team has gone from looking unbeatable to struggling from sim to sim. What is something your player can do to help the team find the consistency they have lacked all season?

2. The trade deadline is less than a week away! Do you anticipate any big trades in the VHLE and/or VHL this season?

3. Have you figured out an idea for this season's Theme Week?

4. Let's pretend for a moment that you are a master programmer capable of perfecting the STHS engine the VHL uses. What is the first thing you do?

5. Week 1 of the NFL season is in the books, what was the biggest surprise in Week 1?

6. What animal do you think would be the most likely to be able to learn to play hockey?

• 2 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

1. It's the final week of the Season 90 regular season! It has been a roller coaster of a season for the Vikings, but there will be playoff hockey in Stockholm this season! What is the biggest thing the team can do to find consistency entering the postseason?

2. There are currently only eight players in the entire VHLE that are averaging more than a point per game. Why do you think that is?

3. There are currently four Vikings slated to graduate to the VHL after Season 90: Maxim Ansimov, Diego Machado, Ronald Johnson MacWallace III, and Ryan Artyomov. Which one do you see making the biggest impact as a rookie in Season 91?

4. If ice hockey suddenly didn't exist, what profession would your player best be suited for instead?

5. Which is worse: the intent to blow the whistle rule in hockey or political campaign ads?

6. What is the most bizarre conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

On 9/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. It's the final week of the Season 90 regular season! It has been a roller coaster of a season for the Vikings, but there will be playoff hockey in Stockholm this season! What is the biggest thing the team can do to find consistency entering the postseason?

2. There are currently only eight players in the entire VHLE that are averaging more than a point per game. Why do you think that is?

3. There are currently four Vikings slated to graduate to the VHL after Season 90: Maxim Ansimov, Diego Machado, Ronald Johnson MacWallace III, and Ryan Artyomov. Which one do you see making the biggest impact as a rookie in Season 91?

4. If ice hockey suddenly didn't exist, what profession would your player best be suited for instead?

5. Which is worse: the intent to blow the whistle rule in hockey or political campaign ads?

1. Improve defensively. We've got great goalies and if we play great Infront of them, we will win it all!

2. I think it's due to not as big of a gap of talent from the best to worst player which allows contributions throughout the lineup.

3. That's a tough question. They are all great in different ways. Since best is fairly relative, I think they'll all make an impact on the teams lucky enough to add them to their roster!

4. Firstly, I don't want to live in a world without hockey. Given my competitiveness, I'd likely have a go at another sport like football as a running back.

5. That's a tough question. Since I seldomly watch TV and do research into who I vote my methods other than campaigns, I'm going to the intent to whistle rule.

6. I tend to not associate myself with people who believe in conspiracies but I'd say that the COVID vaccine is actually the government installing a chip to control us.

Go Vikings! 

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/26/2023 at 7:46 AM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. We need to have more consistent offense to keep winning games 
2. The sim gods hate the E
3. It would be wrong to say me so i will say my good friend RJ Macwallace III 
4. Futbol
5. Intent to blow the whistle 
6. That Australia doesn't exist 

• 3 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

1. Season 91 is just around the corner, what are your expectations for yourself entering the new season?

2. What does Stockholm need to do to end their current playoff drought?

3. Who has the biggest breakout potential on this team?

4. What do you believe is the ideal job to have in the VHL?

5. Does fighting still have a place in hockey?

6. Where do you fall on the alignment chart?

10 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Season 91 is just around the corner, what are your expectations for yourself entering the new season?

1. My expectations is to improve defensively. While I had a big jump in year two in Mexico City. I've always had a negative plus/minus but put up good offensive numbers. I'd like to become the two-way player my teammates expect me to be.

2. I think the playoff drought is ending this year. I'm confident in the returning players and the new ones coming in. This is our year!

3. This is always a tough question. We've got a good group of guys and it can go many ways but I'm going with rookie Ironhide. 

4. The ideal job is likely different based on the individual. I'd say assistant GM for myself while you don't bare all the weight but can still contribute to a well rounded organization.

5. Unfortunately, fighting is leaving hockey but it is incredibly important. It keeps players honest and would result in less injuries. Especially to the stars since people would avoid them knowing that you'd get the best down.

6. True Neutral. Not an exciting answer though.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. We just keep winning and will be above them and we have to beat them as well.

2. Yes probably I don’t know brand new to the team and that. 

3. To be fair I haven’t seen them just play for home games and play the other one for away games.

4. well I must say this bit I don’t know why it just is. 
5. I really don’t know who is the funniest.

6. I would fight Ten thousand rats because they are way smaller than us humans. 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:06 PM, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. Hoping to have a great season and try to score 30 goals this year.

2. I think if we play well as a team and grow together we can break the drought.

3. Ironhide should have a great season but hopefully we have a few who stand out, that’s what will really elevate this team

4. Being a point task reviewer wouldn’t be too bad.

5. I think so, yes. If a player does something dirty they need to pay for that

6. definitely Lawful Good

I want to be a top scorer and show I'm ready for the transition to the VHL!

Oof, we unfortunately might need more than this season to scoot our way into a reasonable playoff contention spot. Probably another season or two of smart building.

We're a strong all-round team, which means any of us can break out on any given night. But as far as season-long dominance, I think that's hard to say.

Long-time BOG member with tenure kekW

It should, but the sim doesn't really use morale in a way that allows enforcing/fighting to be useful for VHL in particular.

Ooh, definitely Lawful Good. I'm very boring, 100% a goody two-shoes.

1. We're sitting at 7-12-3 as of the time of writing. What do you think we can do to improve our record?

2. Grimgor Ironhide is top 10 in points and #1 in hits. How has he managed that?

3. Who's the unsung hero of this season so far?

4. Four of our players are in the top ten for shots taken. Why are we having difficulty winning games?

5. What do you think the future of the VHLE is given the recent contraction?

6. If you could go back and play for the VHLM (sorry, you almost certainly can't now), which GM or team would you want to play for most and why?

4 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. We're sitting at 7-12-3 as of the time of writing. What do you think we can do to improve our record?

2. Grimgor Ironhide is top 10 in points and #1 in hits. How has he managed that?

3. Who's the unsung hero of this season so far?

4. Four of our players are in the top ten for shots taken. Why are we having difficulty winning games?

5. What do you think the future of the VHLE is given the recent contraction?

6. If you could go back and play for the VHLM (sorry, you almost certainly can't now), which GM or team would you want to play for most and why?

1. I think we'll be just fine. We just have to keep doing what we're doing and trust the process.

2. He's done it being an absolute beast on the ice! He's everywhere. He's been leading by example and is a great role model for the rest of the boys.

3. I can tell you in the locker room we all know but from an outsider I'd say Celise Pereira. Killing it on defense. 

4. This comes back to trusting the process. We're getting the opportunities, eventually the pucks will start going in and the W's will come. 

5. I obviously hope for the best but I just focus on the next game. That's something to worry about in the off-season. 

6. I'd happily go back to Mexico City, it was a blast playing there and we had a ton of success. Wish we had the trophy though!

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.6e807e0c6267cb138e4ede42c97b67d5.png

1. Thanksgiving is somehow almost here in the United States, while Canada had theirs all the way back on October 9th. What's your favorite part of the big meal on Thanksgiving?

2. The Vikings are on a roll! They've climbed into a playoff spot and with a trade for another defenseman, Swinsola, Stockholm seems to be putting it all together at the right time. How far up the standings can they go?

3. There are some Vikings, such as Spanish Moon Moth, Grimgor Ironhide, and Olober Syko that are performing amongst the best at their positions this season. Do you think any of them could win any awards this season?

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?

5. What nation really needs more representation in the VHL?

6. What historical figure do you think unfairly gets a bad rap?

On 11/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Thanksgiving is somehow almost here in the United States, while Canada had theirs all the way back on October 9th. What's your favorite part of the big meal on Thanksgiving?

2. The Vikings are on a roll! They've climbed into a playoff spot and with a trade for another defenseman, Swinsola, Stockholm seems to be putting it all together at the right time. How far up the standings can they go?

3. There are some Vikings, such as Spanish Moon Moth, Grimgor Ironhide, and Olober Syko that are performing amongst the best at their positions this season. Do you think any of them could win any awards this season?

1. My favorite part of the big meal is being with family and deserts. The desert spread is often bigger than the main meal.

2. I'm not too worried about where we finish in the standings. I just want to make the playoffs and win it all!!!

3. Those guys are absolute beasts. I'm biased but all 3 should get the praise they deserve. 

4. My favorite thanksgiving tradition is getting a Christmas tree the following day.

5. Ideally I'd like all nations to be represented. There are many without one still so it could be quite the list.

6. Bill Clinton, I don't think what he did had anything to do with leading the country. 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Definitely the stuffing and the gravy

2. All the way baby!

3. It’s definitely possible. Just keep putting up good games and they have a chance

4. Probably carving the turkey with my grandfather

5. I think there’s a healthy blend of teams from all over in each league

6. A lot of people didn’t like Stephen Harper as prime minister of Canada but I think overall he was pretty good and helped Canada get out of a recession

I don't know - admittedly I've worked so many holidays that I haven't had a great chance to celebrate those holidays recently. I loved getting together and just being with family, as is the case for most of my holidays. I don't have a creepy aunt or uncle that's really awkward to be around, so it's all positive vibes for me.

#1! C'mon, sky's the limit.

I hope Ironhide wins best two-way player. I don't particularly care if my own player wins awards, just so long as we can eke into the playoffs and make some noise.

Going into a food coma after tons of food eheheh

Isle of Man! That's what Sunset Moth and I are trying to figure out.

Probably a whole bunch of figures that we don't know very well because they get dismissed as "horrible foreigners" by the "winning team."

image.png.8caa32161585a35bf963e0a81b02e22f.png

1. We're entering the home stretch now, with the Vikings winning three of four games against the Bratislava Watchmen to pull four points ahead of their threat to a playoff spot. What's your confidence level heading into this week's match-ups?

2. Who has the team MVP been to this point?

3. What is your secret to success on and off the ice?

4. Thanksgiving has come and gone in the United States, is your tree up yet?

5. I encountered snowfall on the way to work this morning, have you had to deal with snow yet this season?

6. Rumors swirling out of Chicago are that Corey Perry, who the Blackhawks brought in to be a father-type of mentor for Connor Bedard, has allegedly engaged in extramarital affairs with Connor's mother. On a scale of 0 to 10, how much did Perry understand the assignment?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. We're entering the home stretch now, with the Vikings winning three of four games against the Bratislava Watchmen to pull four points ahead of their threat to a playoff spot. What's your confidence level heading into this week's match-ups?

5. I encountered snowfall on the way to work this morning, have you had to deal with snow yet this season?

6. Rumors swirling out of Chicago are that Corey Perry, who the Blackhawks brought in to be a father-type of mentor for Connor Bedard, has allegedly engaged in extramarital affairs with Connor's mother. On a scale of 0 to 10, how much did Perry understand the assignment?

1. I've always have confidence with this team. I think we'll continue to roll deep into the playoffs.

2. Spanish Moon Moth

3. Team first mentality. Asking yourself if it helps the team be more successful before anything has been helpful. 

4. My tree is not up yet. We ordered a bigger fake tree as we have too many ornaments for the previous one.

5. We have a nice coating here in Western NY. Nothing unusual.

6. Corey Perry took being a mentor as being a father figure too seriously. Connor Perry now? Time will tell.

9 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. I’m feeling it! We’re playing great in one of the most important times of the season. Let’s keep it rolling

2. Moon Moth has been lighting the lamp quite a bit but Pereira has been really sacrificing the body for us. I’d say either one of them but points usually wins awards.

3. Consistency and confidence. Keep playing my game and things will come together.

4. Not yet. We were going to but our tree is too big for our current space so we got a pencil tree but it hasn’t arrived yet.

5. Had some snowfall today which made everything white for the first time.

6. 0/10. Not the thing to do. Also, what the heck to Connor’s mom if that’s true.

But at the same time he just really wanted to be Connor’s dad so in a way 10/10 but still sleazy so final rating 0/10.