Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending September 11th

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 TPE

1. A new season approaches! With S85 starting this week, what are a few points of individual success your player is hoping to achieve this season?

2. With the 3rd and 4th overall picks in the draft that just passed, we picked up two defense studs in Tater Tottingham and Jani Karppinen! How do you think these two additions will effect our backend?

3. If your player could have their own personalized goal song, what would it be and why?

4. What are you expectations for the team this year?

5. With training camp over, what was your player's most hated drill to do, and if they have one- what was their favorite?

6. It's time to haze the rookies and newcomers- what kind of prank does you play on them?

Edited by Trunkxolotl

3 hours ago, Trunkxolotl said:

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending September 11th

(I'm aware I get no additional TPE for this)

Nikolas Kauppi suddenly appears and sits at the press conference table. For a moment it's silent from the confusion since this guy is still in the VHLM and drafted to Oslo. Does this guy know where he is? Kauppi taps on the microphone a few times to test the sound.

Mic check, 1-2-1-2. Alright, watcha got for me?

1. A new season approaches! With S85 starting this week, what are a few points of individual success your player is hoping to achieve this season?

Hell yeah. This season is going to be great! I'm working on a 5 level program of success as a hockey player, actually. I can't really divulge that kind of information to the public for free. Just be on the lookout for how you can be the next Great One in my interview coming up later this week.

2. With the 3rd and 4th overall picks in the draft that just passed, we picked up two defense studs in Tater Tottingham and Jani Karppinen! How do you think these two additions will effect our backend?

Studs? More like spuds. You have a player with a head that looks like a potato and I don't see how anyone can concentrate on anything they're doing when he's around.

3. If your player could have their own personalized goal song, what would it be and why?

Crab Rave by Noisestorm. If you really have to ask why, you need to re-evaluate your life.

My team or...? You know what. *Ahem* Look, I'm sure...(Kauppi looks around to try to remember whose press conference he's in.) ...that the Vikings think they will do great. I just don't expect them to. 

5. With training camp over, what was your player's most hated drill to do, and if they have one- what was their favorite?

Back skating. I should never have to go on the defense. Always skate forward. My favorite? Trying to score on Swayman. I swear that man is a brick wall. I snuck one in on him, but don't tell anyone else. They'll think they can actually score on him and if they do he owes me a hot dog.

6. It's time to haze the rookies and newcomers- what kind of prank does you play on them?

I tell them about the Olympic-sized pool on the roof of the arena on days it's supposed to rain. I don't think the door opens from the outside either.

Hey are those keto brownies?

1. A new season approaches! With S85 starting this week, what are a few points of individual success your player is hoping to achieve this season?

Considering the tandem, I’d expect to play between 30-35 games this season? 20 wins would be a solid number I think. 

Any time you can add two defensive studs it’ll help your team defence. I look forward to playing behind them. 

if I managed to score a goal, it would need to be something epic, don’t ya think? Maybe P. I. M. P. by 50 Cent?

I’ve got no clue the landscape of the E, so no expectations to be honest. I think we can be a good team?

5. With training camp over, what was your player's most hated drill to do, and if they have one- what was their favorite?

All of them, we’re talking about practice. Not even the game. Practice. We’re talking about practice, of course I hate it. Let’s play the game, nobody cares about practice. Fucking practice. 

6. It's time to haze the rookies and newcomers- what kind of prank does you play on them?

Try and haze me, I’ll buy and sell you ten times over, I’m Geoff Bezos bitch

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending September 18th

1. After the first 10 games we are off a rough start and currently sit at the bottom of the league despite every game being close and against strong teams. Is the a reason for concern?

2. The team is down by a goal going into the third period and you're passed the AUX cord at intermission. What song do you play to get everyone buzzing and in the mood for a comeback?

3. On the bus in-between road games, what do you do? Are you the type to keep to yourself, or are you bugging your seatmate?

4. Nikolas Kaupali of the VHLM's Mexico City Kings invaded our press conference last week. Who on our team do you think would be the best at running security and keeping people in check?

5. Across the VHL, VHLE, and VHLM, who has the sickest logo and colour scheme combination in your humble opinion, and what team do you think could use some new colours?

6. The NHL pre-season starts soon, who is your team? Did you inherit the fandom, was it decided based on location, or was it a team you just chose?

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending September 25th

1. After a rough start to the season, we seem to find ourselves on a little bit of a run! What do you attribute this to?

2. Despite our rough start, our goalie Bezos is putting up some impressive stats! What do you attribute their success to?

3. Do you pay much attention to the other two leagues? Is there a specific team you cheer for, and if so why?

4. What's your go to pre or post game meal?

5. The team has a layover in your home city and a few days off. What are you recommending to your teammates to do?

6. Since after all we are the Stockholm VIKINGS: What role do you think you would play on a ship and why?

• 2 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending October 2nd

1. After a rough start to the season, we've climbed up towards the top three, but there is still some separation between us and the top two teams. What can we do to catch them?

2. We have a trade to announce! We recently picked up some assets along side Carson Hound in exchange for Nagy AL! Any pieces of advice or welcome messages for our new teammate?

3. We have four straight games against Instabul who currently sit at the bottom of our league. What steps do you take to not get complacent in those kinds of games?

4. Is there a specific player or team you consider to be your/our rival? If not, how do you think your player would do if a line brawl broke out?

5. This season's theme week revolves around GM/AGMs! Do you have any experience with VHL management, if so what was it like? If not, is it something you'd be interested in?

6. Which is better and why, the leaves changing color or the first snowfall?

• 2 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending October 9th

1. As we head towards the end of the season, how do you feel you have progressed so far?

2. Our goal differential is starting to trend towards the positive! What do you attribute this steep incline to?

3. Jani Karppinen leads the team in Game Winners, and is top 4 in the league in that category as well. How important is it to the team knowing we have a player that can step up in big moments like that?

4. With the JST coming up, do you have any fond memories from your time playing in it? If not, which team has the best name/logo combination and why?

5. You can get an unlimited topping pizza- whats going on it?

6. What is one injury you think your player would be prone to, and why?

• 5 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 13th (can use it for 6th though if you submit answers today)

1. The VHLE Draft took place yesterday, what did you think of the Stockholm Vikings in this draft?

2. We managed to bring in the fantastic trio of John Richards, Lachlan Summers and Sadie St-Louis over the course of the off-season and all three will move straight up to the VHLE, how well do you see them doing this season?

3. With the off-season drawing close to an end, what do you think of the Vikings chances this upcoming season?

4. So here in the UK, we celebrate November 5th as Bonfire Night, which is basically a day where we set off a load of fireworks and sit/stand round a fire. What do you think of fireworks, lots of fun or a bit too much loud banging? 

5. Is there any particular game in the NHL this week that you are looking forward to?

6. When you think the term "Viking", who is the first person (real or fictional) that comes to mind?

2 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 13th (can use it for 6th though if you submit answers today)

1. The VHLE Draft took place yesterday, what did you think of the Stockholm Vikings in this draft?

We made some great moves for sure, highlighted by drafting such a great player in Marimoto II ;)

2. We managed to bring in the fantastic trio of John Richards, Lachlan Summers and Sadie St-Louis over the course of the off-season and all three will move straight up to the VHLE, how well do you see them doing this season?

Extremely well, especially with the core we have now. we will be lethal very soon.

3. With the off-season drawing close to an end, what do you think of the Vikings chances this upcoming season?

great, we will dominate the league very soon. 

4. So here in the UK, we celebrate November 5th as Bonfire Night, which is basically a day where we set off a load of fireworks and sit/stand round a fire. What do you think of fireworks, lots of fun or a bit too much loud banging? 

i love fireworks! MURICA BABY!!

5. Is there any particular game in the NHL this week that you are looking forward to?

i don’t know the schedule off the top of my head, but whatever team the caps are playing i’ll be sure to tune in.

6. When you think the term "Viking", who is the first person (real or fictional) that comes to mind?

greenland. not a person but a whole country. probably mjolnik or whatever that weird icelandic mfs name is. go vikings!

7 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

Personally, I believe Stockholm had the strongest draft of all the E teams. The Vikings were able to secure many high-ceiling players this season that will be bound to help the team!

The trio will have a great season in the E. Sadie and John have proven to be fantastic goalscorers for the Lynx and it'll hopefully translate to the VHLE level. As for Lachlan, I'm optimistic he'll be able to hold his own in net.

I believe the Vikings have a chance for a deep playoff run once we can acquire a few defensemen to round out our team.

I enjoy watching fireworks, but from afar. They're beautiful when executed correctly and a lot of fun.

There aren't any particular games I'm looking forward to besides any and all LA Kings games!

The first person that comes to mind when I hear the term "viking" is Jarl Barlgruuf from the game "Skyrim." While Nords aren't necessarily vikings, they are based off of them!

22 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

1. In my opinion, Stockholm did really well building the forward core and getting a starting goalie.

2. With how John's and Sadie's chemistry was in the M (knowing first hand as I played against them in the M) I think they can be very dominate in the E. With Lachlan I have a lot faith that they will do good in the E because they were a puck stopping machine anytime Vegas and San Diego played each other in the regular season.

3. I think we can easily be one of the best teams in the league and make a deep playoff run. But all we need for this to happen is get a few defensemen.

4. Honestly I have never really cared for fireworks so I don't really have an opinion on them.

5. Any Oiler game.

6. Brent Burns.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I don't know I don't pay attention to the draft

I think they will do very well

I think we will have a great chance this season

As an American, FIREWORKS are to die for

I am looking foreward to the penguins ending their 7 game losing streak

I think of a pop culture Viking. The ones who where unstoppable in their wake 

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 20th (can use it for 13th though if you submit answers today)

1. The start of the VHLE season is fast approaching, what schedule would you prefer to start the season; going up against the strongest teams for a tough challenge out the gate or a run against the less competitive teams to ease your way into the season?

2. There have been quite a few GM replacements over the course of this off-season. Is GMing something you could potentially see yourself doing in the future?

3. What's one suggestion you would give to the league that would potentially make the league easier to follow for a new player?

4. What sandwich filling do you think would be the most fitting for a team named "The Vikings"?

5.  What did you make of the VHL Draft that took place on Monday? If you were in it, how do you feel about the team that selected you? 

6. Which NHL team would you consider to be the most entertaining to watch from a neutral perspective? 

28 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 20th (can use it for 13th though if you submit answers today)

1. The start of the VHLE season is fast approaching, what schedule would you prefer to start the season; going up against the strongest teams for a tough challenge out the gate or a run against the less competitive teams to ease your way into the season?

I would rather start the season against the less-competitive teams, because as the season goes on, we will be able to amass more TPE and hopefully be able to keep up with or surpass the stronger teams, as well.

2. There have been quite a few GM replacements over the course of this off-season. Is GMing something you could potentially see yourself doing in the future?

The idea of GMing has been something I've been considering, but with balancing being a university student and my personal life, I can't see myself GMing a team anytime soon. I wouldn't have the time to devote myself to a team.

3. What's one suggestion you would give to the league that would potentially make the league easier to follow for a new player?

In my opinion, after a new member makes their player on the Portal, there should be a step-by-step guide on what all of the buttons do on the page, like the tutorial level in a video game. Essentially holding their hand. Some new members don't even make it to the Forum, so we must ensure that they get off to the best start possible without overwhelming and confusing them.

4. What sandwich filling do you think would be the most fitting for a team named "The Vikings"?

For some reason, my mind is telling me eggs, ham, and mayonnaise would fit the Vikings best.

5.  What did you make of the VHL Draft that took place on Monday? If you were in it, how do you feel about the team that selected you? 

I feel fantastic about being selected by HC Davos Dynamo! Alex is a great GM and I know I have the best chance to secure the starting goaltender spot in a couple seasons.

6. Which NHL team would you consider to be the most entertaining to watch from a neutral perspective? 

Right now, I consider the Devils the most entertaining team to watch from a neutral perspective. They have exceeded all expectations this season and are super electric whenever they're on the ice.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

1. I would prefer to go against easier teams at the start because by the time we start going up against the stronger teams later down the line the team would have earned enough TPE to be competitive and pull out wins. It would also show in a way how we would far in the playoffs.

2. Never say never but probably not.

3. To be honest I can't think of any.

4. Salmon, tomatoes, lettuce. Just a guess.

5. I saw bits and pieces of the draft and I feel like Calgary did a good job at getting young fowards for the future.

6.  The Devils, surprising everyone this season even with mediocre goaltending.

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 27th (can use it for 20th though if you submit answers today)

1. We've started our season off with 8 wins after 14 games and currently sit in third place in the VHLE. What do you make of our teams start to the season? 

2. Interestingly despite having six game winning goals, all six have been scored by different skaters, how much of a boost is it for the team to have several players who can contribute when the team needs it most?

3. Larry Abass Jr. has been surging up the point rankings and currently sits in fourth place in points with 20 through 14 games. How important have their performances been to the team's success?

4. The league leading Cologne Express have had a very lucky start to the season, playing 12 of their first 16 games against a Geneva Rush team that doesn't have a single defenseman. What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you? (Can be you personally or your player). 

5.  Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming up this week, anything in particular you would like to see discounted that you'd be interested in buying?

6. Say the VHL had a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale in their player store, what item would you be most interested in buying at a discounted price?

2 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For the week ending November 27th (can use it for 20th though if you submit answers today)

1. We've started our season off with 8 wins after 14 games and currently sit in third place in the VHLE. What do you make of our teams start to the season? 

The team has looked solid so far and I'm happy with where we are in the standings. Despite Cologne being in first, they've played so many games against Geneva that we can certainly catch up once they start playing other teams.

2. Interestingly despite having six game winning goals, all six have been scored by different skaters, how much of a boost is it for the team to have several players who can contribute when the team needs it most?

It's important to have players spread out across all of our lines so we have enough depth to compete and have multiple people to depend on, so we don't have to put too much pressure on one or two players to carry us through the whole season!

3. Larry Abass Jr. has been surging up the point rankings and currently sits in fourth place in points with 20 through 14 games. How important have their performances been to the team's success?

Abass Jr. has had an awesome start playing on the top line. Having an amazing scorer on the team helps leaps and bounds, especially when they have a great group around them to support them. 

4. The league leading Cologne Express have had a very lucky start to the season, playing 12 of their first 16 games against a Geneva Rush team that doesn't have a single defenseman. What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you? (Can be you personally or your player). 

The luckiest thing that's happened to me personally is when my family and I adopted our dog. Turns out, the adoption organization called not only us but also another person to pick him up, and whoever got there first would be able to take him home. I still don't know why they did that, but I'm extremely grateful we got there first or else I wouldn't have my sweet boy! 

5.  Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming up this week, anything in particular you would like to see discounted that you'd be interested in buying?

I might buy a game or two on Steam or go online shopping and see if there's any deals on hockey jerseys.

6. Say the VHL had a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale in their player store, what item would you be most interested in buying at a discounted price?

I would buy the 4x5 uncapped TPE package!

On 11/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

Personally, I think starting against less competitive teams is better because playing the competition you'll see in the playoffs closer to the playoffs will leave you better prepared.

Absolutely! Next season, I plan to try GMing for the JST or WJC or AGMing in one of the leagues.

Honestly I think the best way to explain is to have GMs be a good resource (which they already are) and definitely inform people of the channel to help new users in the vhl main server.

I think that ham and cheese would fit them, pretty simple but good.

I feel great about being selected by Riga- I'm excited they took me with the 4th pick! I think that in a couple of years we will be a force to reckon with.

Probably the Hurricanes honestly- they are fun to watch move the puck around and they always make great plays defensively/goaltending-wise.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

At the time of writing this we currently have 10 wins in 22 games and currently sit fourth. Going off of this info I'd honestly hope that we'd be doing better but taking into account that we have had  mostly played the tough teams to start, are start to the season isn't all that bad. 

It shows that this team doesn't have to rely on just one or two players. It also shows that we have threats on every single line.

Well it's hard to just give credit Larry when we have so many other players contributing in all different ways. But to answer the question it helps motivate the team because seeing one player having success can encourage others to want that "same" success which will help this team be successful. 

Well I think the luckiest thing that happened in the forum (for my player) is meeting people who actually cared to help me out when I first joined because if not for them I'd probably gone M.I.A.

no not really.

I would consider buying the Uncapped TPE package (4 tpe x 5) or maybe free week.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I think we have started very well and I can only assume that it'd be more of the same in the future.

this team is kind of like the real life St. Louis Blues, we have all 4 lines that can score and we're always a threat.

very important but it's not a one-man army, everyone contributes in their own ways and so everyone is equally as important.

Luckiest thing to ever happen to John Richards was when he scored 4 goals in one of the final games of the year for the Marlins in the VHLM and then the following season he had a game where he notched 4 assists in a game playing for the Ottawa Lynx. 

a new laptop would've been nice.

I don't really know because I don't really know what's all in the store so maybe at a future time I will get more acclomated to it and understand what's good and what's not.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

1. It's probably been fuelled by the (not a drug) Clue Glue™ product that your GM seems to have infinite amounts of for some mysterious reason.

2. It's as much of a boost as having access to infinite amounts of Clue Thirst™ in the LR. It's what Hockey players crave, after all.

3. Abass is the GOAT. Elite two-way play all day every day. Vegas legend and probably also a Clue Flakes™ enjoyer. "They're NOT Drugs!"

4. Not getting drafted by Helstinki. Since Clue Glue™ is banned in Finland.

5. Clue Glue™ mostly.

6. I mean since I'm already buying a 4x5 this season. That's impossible. So would have to be a Full Doubles week most likely. Now, if they had Clue Glue™ products in the store, my answer would obviously be different. But they don't cause they're trying to keep us poor.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I think we have been playing a lot of good teams to start and have been putting in good performances often even in our losses. So I am optimistic for how the rest of the season will go. 

I think it is a huge boost- instead of having a specific line that does all the producing, other teams will have to be on watch at all times because everyone on the team is dangerous.

They have been instrumental in scoring many big goals and steadily putting up points almost every game. I think we would definitely not be as high as we are in the standings without them on the team. 

Sadie St-Louis has somehow managed to remain sane (barely) and put up points despite living with the chaos that is Lachlan Summers and John Richards.

I would always love to see hockey jerseys discounted because they cost so annoyingly much.

Those uncapped TPE packages, I feel like those are really worth it. 

avJieZ4.png

For the Week Ending Dec 4th (Can use for W/E November 27th though if you submit answers today) 

1. Getting close to half of the way through the regular season, what do you think of your player's performance to this point of the season?

2. What is your favourite hockey game/simulation engine of all-time?

3. A lot of people don't add to the fighting attribute because it takes away from their ability to improve their players ability, but if you could upgrade your fighting without having to add TPE (e.g. pick the level you want your fighting attribute to be at), would you improve it to seek out more fights or leave it as it is because you don't want to be a fighter?

4. Which VHL logo (can be VHL/VHLE/VHLM) do you like the look of the most?

5. Same theme of logos, but which VHL/VHLE/VHLM logo do you think is the least impressive?

6. The trade deadline for the VHL is approaching in two weeks, in your history of following hockey, what was the NHL trade that you were most surprised by when you read about it?

8 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For the Week Ending Dec 4th (Can use for W/E November 27th though if you submit answers today) 

1. Getting close to half of the way through the regular season, what do you think of your player's performance to this point of the season?

I'm slightly disappointed that Lachlan hasn't recorded a shutout yet, but hopefully that comes soon! Otherwise, I'm pleased with how he's played.

I hate the NHL/EA sim engine so STHS is definitely my favorite, even though Simon has cursed some of us at times. 

3. A lot of people don't add to the fighting attribute because it takes away from their ability to improve their players ability, but if you could upgrade your fighting without having to add TPE (e.g. pick the level you want your fighting attribute to be at), would you improve it to seek out more fights or leave it as it is because you don't want to be a fighter?

As a goalie, I don't think this applies to me, but it'd be hilarious to imagine Lachlan skating up to center ice and squaring up with someone every other game. It seems like something he'd do occasionally.

I love the Prague Phantoms logo, because the purple and blue combo is chef's kiss.

5. Same theme of logos, but which VHL/VHLE/VHLM logo do you think is the least impressive?

The New York Americans logo gets the job done, but it's painfully boring, in my opinion— at least in comparison to all the other logos in all three leagues.

6. The trade deadline for the VHL is approaching in two weeks, in your history of following hockey, what was the NHL trade that you were most surprised by when you read about it?

I think recently, the most shocking trade to me was when Tyler Toffoli was traded to the Flames by the Canadiens. It was no secret that Montreal was in a rebuild, but Toffoli was a bright spot in their roster for the last two seasons and it was a surprise to see them let him go.

9 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I am very happy with my player's performance so far; top 10 in points and top 5 in goals is better than I could have asked for.

STHS because the current NHL games are nowhere near as good as they should be. NHL 2K comes close just for nostalgia.

I would leave it as it is because being in fights puts you in the penalty box and I want to be on the ice a lot.

Prague has a truly awesome logo (although that might be my bias towards purple/blue color schemes); other than that I like Mississauga and Riga a lot.

I would say Geneva's or Las Vegas' is my least favorite.

Montreal trading PK Subban for Shea Weber left me in shock for quite a while, I'm glad I grew to like Weber so much.