DA BOARD GAME

dlamb

• 1 month later...

Review: I've gone through three sets of fire extinguishers but this graphic still brings the heat. The font work is impeccable and love what you've done with the background with the red U in clue. The piece du resistance though is how you've managed to incorporate an inanimate object into a traditional graphic setup and yet still have it look like it belongs just as any human player would. The Board Game Clue on Skates isn't capable of human feelings, but even it can establish that this is indeed the shit! 10/10

1 hour ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Review: I've gone through three sets of fire extinguishers but this graphic still brings the heat. The font work is impeccable and love what you've done with the background with the red U in clue. The piece du resistance though is how you've managed to incorporate an inanimate object into a traditional graphic setup and yet still have it look like it belongs just as any human player would. The Board Game Clue on Skates isn't capable of human feelings, but even it can establish that this is indeed the shit! 10/10

It might not be capable of human feelings. But give that thing a Ouija Board and it will not stop talking. Very insightful too. I believe that if it wasn't for the shameful lack of board game friendly schools. The Board Game Clue on Skates would have won Scholastic MVP in the M this season.

Review: 

Hello, Mr. Lamb. It's nice to see you are alive. Talking about the graphic i need to mention this unique idea. To be honest , I have never seen hockey board game and this one looks perfect. The background is colourful. The font appeals to me as well, its size is good-looking and red U makes it even better. If i saw this board game in the store i would definitely buy it. Overall, it's an award-winning graphic! 10/10

Review:

Interesting graphic to say the least that doesn't mean I don't like it.  It's creative and doesn't look bad at all.  The text is also really good, it's fitting with the player (?) And the background behind the render looks clean.  The Logo swap is absolutely mental, never seen such a good swap and I can't even tell if there was a logo to begin with!

Well done 9/10

Okey, interesting! Very original and creative approach to the well known game and playing with the words there making it about hockey. I like the originality and for that you already have earned 10 points. The execution of the piece is not too chubby either, considering what it is and how it should be. I think that overall you did a good job and I like it!

Rating: 8/10

On 11/9/2021 at 3:35 AM, dlamb said:

Your choice of subject matter clearly makes you both a gentleman and a scholar of the highest degree. But putting your impeccable taste in board games aside. What I'd really love to see to just take it to the next level is to use lighting effect to make the box, stick and skates feel like they are really in there. You use the purple gradient to add interest to the background. So why not add a layer where you give purple highlights to the game, stick and skates. Making it really feel like they are right there, being lit up by the artificial purple light source on the left?

So I'd give it a 11/10 for the content and 7/10 for the execution, mostly because it makes it easier to average  it to a nice and even 9/10. This rating may or may not be slightly biased.