S39 Seattle Bears Captaincy

Kesler

Also, Doomsday if we are just going to start changing the leader award to member who caused the most change, then I think MF Percy Miller auto wins. :P

Not saying that what I said should always get the award. But if you're in a cesspool of indifference like Seattle, a leader who maintains the status quo is just another sheep.

Not saying that what I said should always get the award. But if you're in a cesspool of indifference like Seattle, a leader who maintains the status quo is just another sheep.

Had to double check to make sure this wasn't Mike spitting his nonsense

someone should explain me what is the grimm johnson trophy for real.

A bad trophy? We changed it a few seasons back so that only Captains and Assistant Captains could win it. The idea is that a member who represents their team well, who is also a Captain/Assistant Captain, and is also a good contributing presence around the board. Ergo just by being them, they increase the reputation and awareness of the team they are on. 

But it's a tough award to gauge either way. Although it's been somewhat interest since Victor started doing the public voting to determine the ballot. 

Had to double check to make sure this wasn't Mike spitting his nonsense

If you're on a team with a really shitty culture, would you want to change it or just silently suffer through it? Why retire early?

If you're on a team with a really shitty culture, would you want to change it or just silently suffer through it? Why retire early?

I tried to change the culture but I'm not a Green or a STZ, I couldn't do it by myself.  As for retiring early, i had my reasons and I stand behind anyone who does wanna retire early. If you're not having fun, whats the point of logging on to help a team not going anywhere?

I tried to change the culture but I'm not a Green or a STZ, I couldn't do it by myself.  As for retiring early, i had my reasons and I stand behind anyone who does wanna retire early. If you're not having fun, whats the point of logging on to help a team not going anywhere?

Well I shouldnt say by myself but it takes either a really prominent member, a high quality GM or a bit of luck to change a franchise around, usually a combo of atleast two of them. No one person can do it.

Ask Davey Jones haha

Not really, unless you're implying he "suffered" through a "really shitty culture" in Davos.

Maybe, he always said he hated the culture in Cologne, despite the culture being as active as ever at the time he was there. It still applies.

Davey really wanted to play with me again after the good times we had in Bratislava. After Cologne didn't want to trade for me while New York had me on the block, he decided that if we were to be teammates again, it'd be in my new home of Davos. Especially considering the five year contract extension I signed, which I hoped would help instill a new culture of loyalty there. Considering how long our core has stayed together, I would consider it a success.

Davey has been invaluable to the success of the HC Dynamo and I have been happy and priviliged to share a locker room with him. I'm sad to see him go, but if it means he will remain an active, contributing memver of this community, so be it.

Lastly, look for my editorial in Issue 205 of the VHL Mag, as it tackles the topic of early retirement. #ShamelessPlug

Davey really wanted to play with me again after the good times we had in Bratislava. After Cologne didn't want to trade for me while New York had me on the block

We weren't join got give up what was required at the time. You as a player had no prior history of activity so it was hard to sell the farm for that. Hindsight is 20/20 though.