MexicanCow123 Appreciation Thread (Christmas Charity Auction Item)

Ricer13

When I first offered this item up for auction I never did picture doing an post that was all about the person who won the auction. I thought I might help someone write an article, or maybe interview for someone and their media spot. Cow wanted this article to be all about him and for the spirit of the holidays I was down for anything. Over the holidays I was fairly busy with work being as that it was -30C for three weeks straight. This gave me time to think about what I wanted to do with this article and during that time I came up with a really great idea. Rather than JUST being a post all about Cow (which it still is), I decided that I wanted to turn it into an "Appreciation" post and have a few of his closest VHL friends including myself share a few words about what Cow has meant to them. I will start it off with my own thoughts and experience and then share a few things that others have shared with me.

Cow and I have "known" each other for over two years. It feels weird to say that because the time I've spent here has not felt at all like two years. He gave me my first opportunity to become and AGM in this league back in our days in Yukon. I did the 90 percent of the work and he made some trades and set some lines ;) but honestly that is the way I liked it and that worked for both us. I would eventually move up from there to become the GM of Miami but Cow and I remained friends from that point on. He has been one of the constants for me in this league. We have played Chel together, worked in the ProAM together, done NHL fantasy leagues together and sometime soon I am going to get to show my daughter the farm that he gets to work on (
as long as he is clothed during this tour). I could go on and on about how highly I think of @MexicanCow123as a person and a member of this league but I would like to share a few things now that other members had to say. 

@Beaviss had some amazing words to say about Young Cow. The two of them have worked together on the recruitment team and you can always catch them in Gen Chat talking Canucks hockey during most game days. Here is what Beaviss had to say about Cow:

"Cows cool and real. We will see a hockey game once he is of age together. #EvanGang" 

Truly touching isn't it? This next member has a history with Cow that goes back to his VHLM GM days. He was the person to hire Cow as the Yukon GM, Cow has played on his VHL team before and they are now opposing GM's in the VHL. Here is what @Banackockhad to say about Jordan.

"Jordan is a good kid. We share the same name, this is how I know. He was good to work with in the many roles he’s had and while we suspiciously have our differences sometimes as managers, I respect who he is and enjoy working with him to help our teams. He’s also a better simmer than the other ones. I’d probably say just under Bek maybe as he’s been doing it longer but that’s good."

Some friends of Cow’s are fairly new in comparison to some of these other members. We are always affecting people in different ways throughout our entire life. Here’s what @Moon wanted to say.

“I first talked to Cow at the JST during the off-season of S80 I believe and He first thought I was a young child smh... But after that we talked almost everyday with Z in VC and Cow made a VC for us named "Cow + Moon = Love". As much as Cow can be obnoxious and absolutely dumb... He is a very nice person. Love ya Cow ❤️

Juice and Cow are also connected by the Yukon Rush! They brought a cup to Yukon after a long drought am seemingly a friendship grew from this experience. Here is what @Juice had to say.

"Cow is a pretty rad dude. He help lead my beloved Yukon to it's first cup win (and last, Rest in Peace my baby boy) in quite some time, he helps get me killed in EFT, and when he's not too busy stuffing his face with candy he's a pretty funny guy too. Overall a great dude."

This next member was a big part of MexicanCows start to his VHL days. He was a mentor of sorts to young Cow and was the one who gave him his first opportunity to become an AGM in this league. I have seen first hand what this friendship has turned into and this is what @InstantRockstar had to say about his young apprentice. 

"What does MexicanCow mean to me? Well, first and foremost, I'd say friendship. I met MC what feels like forever ago as he entered the league and was as we all were, quite new to the sim league world. It seemed like fairly quickly we became friends and I have to say where everything changed was when I made the decision to hire him to be the AGM in San Diego. If you want to find someone who is reliable, caring, compassionate and willing to do anything & everything for someone or something, MC is your guy. I couldn't have asked for a better AGM to help me during my long tenure in SD and I'm very glad that I got to go on the VHLM journey with him. At the end of the day, I made an amazing friend, and I had one hell of a ride with someone who was as all-in as I was. Not much more that I can say, but thanks for an amazing time in San Diego."

Friendship. That is an appropriate choice of words for the relationship between MexicanCow this next member. @fromtheinsidemet Cow through a unofficial but amazing offseason tournament known as the Victory ProAM where they got to work together as GM and AGM. Since that very moment these two have truly built a real friendship that goes beyond this game. Scotty has rejoined forces with Cow now up in the VHL as his AGM in New York. He had some kind words to say about what Cow means to him.

"Meeting Cow was one of the best things that could have happened to me in the VHL. I was still a pretty fresh first gen and only knew a few people from my original VHLM  LR. I decided to sign up for the Victory Pro-Am tournament. I was lucky enough to get picked as a GM and sure enough, Cow ended up being my AGM. We formed a bond pretty quickly and before I knew it, I was AGMing for him in Yukon. Working under him in Yukon was some of my favourite times in the VHL. He taught me everything there was to know about how to GM in the M. It's been over a year since I first met Cow and we still chat on a daily basis. We have quite the unique friendship, but it's one I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. He was a mentor for me in the VHL community, now I try to mentor him through real life. He may not know where Mount Olympus is, but he's a kind and funny guy with a heart of gold."

Lastly, this next one is a special one. These two created such a strong bond from the moment they met TWO YEARS AGO. (Seriously, so F-ing weird! How has it been that long!?) @samxmet MexicanCow right back at the very beginning of her VHL days. I can't even say more without spoiling a lot of what they have gone through together. Here is what Sam had to say.

"Cow, where the f*ck do I begin. I guess the beginning would be smart. You were my gm. The one who taught me the league (kinda if we pretend ricer doesn't exist). You made me feel welcomed and wanted. You have supported me on so many of my endeavors within the league and outside of it. You supported me from Day one and I can never thank you enough for that. You dragged my ass back into this league when in reality I had no plan to come back. (Yup you can thank Cow that I'm back) I learned from you that if u annoy someone enough they will do what you ask.  There's so so so much more I could say about you but I really don't know how to put it into words. Thank you for all you have done for me whether it's teaching me the league, dealing with my insanity or my breakdowns at 3am. You have been there through it all and I truthfully, could never thank you enough. You are one of the best people I have ever met on this league. Never change who you are. Stop being so tall and can I please come meet your cows.

I mean, do I really have to say more about the kind of person this guy is? This is the ultimate tummy sticks article but this guy deserves every last word of it. As you can see he has made an impact on so many members over the last few years in this league. If you ever get the chance to get to know Cow, you'll be very happy you did. He's still a kid to most of us, but has the voice and maturity of a 40  year old man. Alright, that's enough from me! Love ya Buddy, now when do we get to see some COWS!!!!!

Edited by WranglersSuck

Wow what an article, thank you to everyone who said a few words, it means the absolute world to me. It's been a rough few years for all of us, but I've really been hurt in these times. This article means everything to me. Feels really good that people truly do care about me and enjoy having me in this league. Again thank you so much everyone I was almost in tears reading this. Luv you all.

12 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Wow what an article, thank you to everyone who said a few words, it means the absolute world to me. It's been a rough few years for all of us, but I've really been hurt in these times. This article means everything to me. Feels really good that people truly do care about me and enjoy having me in this league. Again thank you so much everyone I was almost in tears reading this. Luv you all.

I appreciated sharing the roads with you, occasionally running you off the highway.

I just want to say that @MexicanCow123was absolutely a no brainer pick for me in his draft year. The season and a half I got to spend with him directly, and indirectly in the league has been a blast.

Mexican Cow really is finer then Wagyu if you ask me.