Around the league with Bana #1

Banackock

200.gif

Another week, another struggle. They really do mean what they say when they say the struggle is real. I can feel it in my old VHL joints. What should I write about this week that I haven't already written about in the last 400 weeks. Is anyone going to read this anyway? Let's get it over and done with for 6 TPE, 2 TPE or whatever it's going to be. I figured if I'm going to struggle a bit, might as well take interest in the league and some of those who are in it. Maybe this way it engages myself, others and the league and takes away from the negativity of the Discord swat team, hehe. Anyway, let's go around the league and see what we can find so I can enjoy the rest of my day off.

VHL

• Toronto was on top of the league for sometime. Last I checked on them I believe they were 6-0-0. Looking now, they're 9-2-0, which means they're gonna reverse climb and do what they do best and that's start extremely hot and within two weeks post a trade block for all their goodies. Toronto has played a good season up until now with a very strong goal differential. @Peace @MattyFired @DreMin15 lead the way, all having successful starts to their year. I know the joke is that they always start good and then suck really bad (it's not a joke if it's true, or is it?), but I think this season will be different. While they had some short comings with retirements and all of that, still a decent club in a shifting league.
  • Prague and Seattle are on the outside looking in - each team with a rough start. I think when I spoke to @Acydburn the Prague team was sitting at a record of 2-4-0 and Seattle was bombing their way through the starting 10 games with a 0-4-2 record. Since we spoke, Prague has gone 2-1-1 and the Seattle team has gone 3-0-1. These results are much better and something I'd expect from both teams who have iced good enough rosters. Both teams are extremely similar with 33/32 GF and each having 41 GF. Stronger goaltending and discipline will help both teams win. I think in time each team will find their way.
  • Jerome Reinhart @MexicanCow123 a meta player, is the first player to hit 100 shots on goal this season. He's also sitting pretty high for goals and points. Does this surprise you? No. Does this excite you for the possibility of maybe player templates or builds such as playmaker, grinder, two-way forward etc? Yes. League preaches "parity" but had always focused on the teams when the biggest issue was the players. 400 players in the league, 300 are the same or very close to the same (numbers are an example).

VHLE

• Rome and Stockholm are battling for first place, with Bratislava closely behind them. I think these 3 teams are going to be the ones battling it out all season for the top spot with a few dark horses in the mix depending on what Mr. Simon T wants to have happen. What's crazy is that in the top 5 for league scoring, none of these teams have a player representing. However, 6-9 - Rome and 10, 12, 13 = Stockholm.
  • Geneva's Perry Laperriere @KaleebtheMighty is leading the way for scoring right now with 2 points per game, hitting 5 goals, 15 assists for 20 points through his first 10 games played. Good member, good player, but do I think they can hold on to the top spot for scoring? Who knows. I believe in the player but there's some tough competition out there. While I don't want to take away from what they've done, but I think the jets are going to be on them.

VHLM

• The Philadelphia Reapers are being menaces to the league in the S82 VHLM season. It always seems like the VHLM lacks parity and he 10/10 teams, 5/10 teams and 0/10 trams. We seen that a little bit with Ottawa Vs DC Dragons Halifax and then you see it this season with Philadelphia and the Mississauga Hounds. Will this issue ever be fixed? Probably - if the leagues puts time into it. Not very fun or successful for a team to go 1-11-0. The Reapers are averaging just under 7 goals per game and are being led by Sebastien dokis @Sebastien with 29 points in 11 games played.
  • I am not a fan of how playoffs work simply by looking at the standings. Halifax is gonna make it when they're that bad (still)? 3-9-0 doesn't deserve to be in playoffs. At the end of the day, looking back into the rules and refreshing my brain from those great green days, the issue once again heads back to parity. 

808 words, the end.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

I am not a fan of how playoffs work simply by looking at the standings. Halifax is gonna make it when they're that bad (still)? 3-9-0 doesn't deserve to be in playoffs. At the end of the day, looking back into the rules and refreshing my brain from those great green days, the issue once again heads back to parity. 

It's top eight teams across the VHLM that make the playoffs, not based on conference standings, so if season ended today, Halifax wouldn't make it.