Around the league with Bana #2

Banackock

Traveling Hot Air Balloon GIF by SlugBugg

Another week and similar to last, another struggle. The VHL season has been underway now for what feels like coming onto it's third week? I'm probably wrong but then again, maybe I'm right. The league has seen consistent simming from all the simmers (I think), though, I do remember the E having a tough time getting off the ground. I will have to do some science research to see if that has changed or not. For the other leagues, they're quickly chugging along and like the 34 or 35 seasons in the Bears GM role, it's flying by. Super bowl today and the half time show is almost upon us. With that being said, let us hop into our VHL hot air balloon and do a quick travel around the leagues.

VHL

• Meta leads the way. Most goals. Most shots. Most wins. 22-3-1. Are you surprised? 9 players with a point per game. Leading in most offensive categories by a sizeable margin. Wicked. Cool to see. Is this a sign of good GMing or wicked exploiting? I know which one I support. Either way, they're soaring.. or running I guess. Do what wolves do.
  • It would be the same thing as what @Beketov and @Fire Fletcher had wrote about in this article. I don't have the time to help cheat or to run all the answers in the Discord. I also don't want to cheat. Players can help one another find the answers and engage in conversation. That would be awesome if that's what trivia accomplishes (discussion and activity), but Seattle won't have a thread, won't be keeping secrets and won't be cheating. Same thing applies with a majority meta team or anything. Just don't do it. Sorry, Nike.
  • Phoenix are bad, bad, bad. 2-24-0. Dragons are bad (MID) but not quite as bad at 8-18-0. LA, CGY, TOR and SEA make up 2-5.
  • Toronto started off 8-0 and 9-2 only to have gone 5-8-2 since. Outside of their recent struggles, a bunch of their players are still hot, hot, hot. Nylen = 2 PPG.  @DreMin155 others are also a PPG. Can Toronto swing it around?
  • EU = Surprised London is on top. Am I missing something here? Let's take a look.. Not the best anything with minimal depth that is developing (not dissing) and yet they're in first place. Some players are meta, including @McWolf, but nothing like VAN. Prague turned things around, Moscow slowly starting their climb and STHS/Simon holding off on causing @hedgehog337 immense stress and frustration. 

VHLE

• I don't 100% know how playoffs work, but if it's conferences, stockholm and cologne have it locked up. Flip over and you have a 3 way race between Rome, Bratislava and Instabul. I mean, really, even Geneva is right there. 2/8 teams are bad, 1/8 is okay and the rest are competitive. Cool to see I suppose. Still not the biggest fan of the E though!
  • I'm thinking Anime Protagonist @Jericho is the top goalie right now with a 14-1-1 record and stats of .935% and 2.51 GAA. right behind him in 2nd? Boris Tsezar @comrade cat with  16-6-2, .920 and 2.75GAA.
  • I don't want this to just be a best of the best for points and blah blah. Let's shine the light on diversity. OTHER BUILDS. Bradley Buzzer @WereBuzzing is leading the league with hits with 118, followed by Barry Bonds Jr (with or without the roids though??) @Jim Kovtrash 104 hits and Cameron Elsby @Spence King with 103. Next closest after them? 91. 

VHLM

• Philadelphia and Houston are rolling the league with Saskatoon  and Miami hot on their tails (hot enough, anyway). In the middle you got Ottawa, Mexico and Las Vegas and after that, you might as well hit the snooze button and put your head back on the pillow because those teams be DREAMIN. Are we bound for a Reapers V Houston showdown? Is this possible? What are your predictions?
  • Deron Nesbitt leads the league with 87 penalty minutes and while he's got the bruises, they're only a reminder to the league that they're a mean bad ass. However, looking deeper, only one fight - so maybe they just don't like to play with any form of discipline. Not a massive amount of hits but with 40PA and SC, they're out there for one thing. YOU GET EM, DOG.
  • Landon Wolanin leads the league currently with a 13 game point streak... @jacobcarson877 That's DAMN GOOD!  Babushka @BrutalBoost right behind them at 10 games as a dman - impressive.

Half time show was bad ass. That's all from me. Enjoy the Super Bowl, the night and Good luck @Monday tomorrow.

'

11 minutes ago, Banackock said:

EU = Surprised London is on top. Am I missing something here? Let's take a look.. Not the best anything with minimal depth that is developing (not dissing) and yet they're in first place. Some players are meta, including @McWolf, but nothing like VAN.

I don't get it either lmao

Someone replaced the the T in STHS with Tea, and this is what happens. I guess?🤷‍♂️ Looks like unless some major falling off cliff-age happens a London ROTY is basically guaranteed.