Around the league with Bana #6

Banackock

ATLWB.png.ab04f82336a49f0a3815d60df420f9

ATLWB - Hello, VHL. I hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe. The VHL regular season (and other leagues) had gotten underway a little while ago and it's been some time since I've done one of these. The new hybrid system was implemented in the off-season and now with almost 20 games under our belt, I think we're starting to get a good handle and idea on how things are going to work with it and STHS. A lot has been happening in all of the leagues, so let's hop in that beautiful hot air balloon of ours and take a trip around the league!

League Announcements and Links

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

Official VHL APP for iOS and Android

VHL

• Taking a look at the standings, the Seattle Bears have a nice little league in the North American Conference, with Toronto and DC Dragons rounding out the top 3. These were the 3 teams I expected (as well as probably everyone else) to make up the top 3 in the conference for the regular season. The rest is a crap shoot with Chicago and Vancouver currently filling the final two positions. Hop over into the European side of things and we have Riga tied with the Bears for first place in the VHL, followed by Moscow and London. Moscow could be expected but for whatever reason London is there surprising me again! Prague and Malmo make up the final 2 spots for the top 5. I expect this to change as the season goes on. Warsaw and Helsinki both will come and take the playoff spots from Malmo and London.
  • Alex Johnston @Alex leads the VHL with 16 goals in 17 games. He has found the magic touch with the Riga Reign so far and has been a huge contributor to their success. Anze Miklavs @kelvi leads the league with 26 assists in the same amount of games and I think it would be safe to say that these 2 make up a deadly duo. @dasboot Bears captain Vinny Detroit leads the league in muscle, strength and penalty minutes/hits with 53/85 respectively. Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream is trying to show the league meta is still alive.. firing a massive 157 shots at the goalie in only 16 games played... Crazy shit..
  • Spreading some love to the goalies.. Bears goalie Em Em Flex @oilmandan leads the league in victories with 14 in 17 GP...  he is also the proud owner of the lowest GAA so far with a 1.92 average.. Brandt Fuhr @Tate has been stopping the puck well with the Vancouver Wolves as they've posted a .939 SV%..  and Tobias Reinhart @Spaz has shockingly posted a crazy 5 SHUT OUTS this season... also crazy shit. Good job, buddy!

VHLE

• Vasteras and Bratislava are the top teams in each conference. Each has their own competition in Cologne and Istanbul. I think the it's going to be a fun season for those two group to see how the battle goes and then, too, Stockholm and Geneva are knocking on the doors to make things interesting. Oslo and Rome are enjoying their time at the bottom of the pile.
  • Bob Chicoine @PoignardLeclerc11 leads the VHLE with 12 goals in 16 games played. A huge reason why Geneva is playing for a playoff spot early on in the season. @hcrooster96Matt Rooster has taken the most faceoffs in the league with 784... safe to say with his % he is on of the top faceoff guys in the VHLE at the moment. Tomas Sogaard @Brandon is currently the only person who has a hat trick in the VHLE - Enjoy the bragging rights ;)   and lastly... Bobby Rockwell @Kairi is the only person to win a fight so far this season... Safe to say they're the current heavy weight champion??
  • Orion D H Chiester IX currently leads the VHLE with wins with 11. Augustus Kennedy, who is a bum, @InstantRockstarleads the league with an amazing .941 SV%. Fun Fact: Ed Nu @npuBeT, Alex Parise @Joker_TM and Kennedy @InstantRockstar are the only goalies right now who have helped their teams get on the board with an assist!!

VHLM

• Halifax and Miami currently have identical records, while Ottawa follows closely behind them. I feel like those three teams will be the ones to battle it out and I am unsure right now who I'd be rooting for. I'm sure the VHL has some idea. Who do you think will beat the rest in this conference? Flip on over to the other side of the hockey pancakes and it looks like Vegas is going to start running away with things. Right now, they are atop this seasons power rankings and are the early favorites to disrupt all and lift the championship. I bet they're having a lot of fun!
  • Hayden Rain  @Rain leads the league with 29 points in 16 games played. They're almost at a 2 PPG total and have already hit over 100 shots on net.. Hockley Mann @Sen is the only other player at the moment above 100 and they're both tied at 101 shots on net. Mo Probert @Yahtzee has a 6 point lead on any other dman in the league for points and it's safe to say I am a pretty big fan of the player and the name! There has only been TWO fights all season AND Jordan Messier (OTT) @Jordan Messier has been involved in both draws... Kick some ass buddy! Throw those mitts down ;) 
  • Travis Clark @ClarkClanT is currently Goalie of the Year candidate at the moment for me.. 11-1-1 record, .929SV% and a 1.67GAA. Man is playing like he's from a different planet. Rumor has it, Elon Musk has been in contact to do studies on them. Art Vandelay @Gustav has a big lead in the shut out category with 5 so far on the season. Despite only playing 2 games, DJ Fire Dragon @Firekiss has the highest SV% so far on the season with .972. Safe to say if they put in the work, they could have a very good career on their hands.

1,019 words

April 25 - May 1

May 2 - May 8

•  

Review: I think this article is a good piece that showcases a lot of the league. I love seeing when somebody has something to say about my player and even though Hogan 2 wasn't mentioned here, a lot of others were. Especially as a newer member in the VHLM or VHLE, it's really nice to see somebody on Bana's level acknowledge you and I think articles like this really help people stick around. The formatting is nice with how it breaks down into the three leagues in bulleted points and subtitles. The grammar and structure of everything is as expected as you post many articles similar to this one. I'm not always a fan of adding personal thoughts into media spots but it works well here as it was done all throughout.  9/10

45 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream is trying to show the league meta is still alive.. firing a massive 157 shots at the goalie in only 16 games played... Crazy shit..

Oh, yes. You're totally right. That was my plan all along!

Either that or I'm just building my player.