Not even a season later

jRuutu

Luncheon-July-2019-Richard-Franzi-Uninte

Vancouver Wolves, what happened to them? The team won championships left and right, but when you look at the standings now you see a team that is fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Worst of it all, it will only get worse in the future. There is not a single player in the roster or organization that does point tasks. The vast majority of the players and prospects are welfare users. One player gains a nice chunk of TPE from affiliate earning, but outside of that, the Wolves are on their way towards the bottom. According to the portal, the Wolves have two first-round picks in the S85 draft, and they also have picks in each round for the S84 draft, so they can add talent into the system in the near future. Is that enough though? Even if all three first-round picks will be a hit and they will be core players, they still need to add a lot more to reach the same level they once were.

To make matters that much more difficult, the assistant GM of Vancouver announced they are not going to be updating their player, and they might not return to VHL anytime soon. The move raises a few questions. Why an assistant GM  of a team that won a lot quits like that? Is the rebuild going to be too much? That does not seem likely. If the management was able to build a team that wins multiple championships once, surely they are able to build, at the very least, a team that is going to be a contender? And with the knowledge they have about scouting and systems, they would get the Wolves running hot faster than the average management.

Perhaps winning so much has made the assistant GM think there is nothing left to be won? I think that might be the most likely option. There is no need to believe that the assistant GM would jump the ship after a glorious run like that because there is some turbulence.  The most likely option is the lack of motivation in terms of putting it all on the line, when you do it three times, and you win each time,  I think it's only natural that you start to think about what else is out there. And maybe it's time for the next generation of general managers to step up. In that sense, the assistant GM should be applauded.

I think the only questionable decision is whether it was honorable to run the team to the ground before leaving, but then again the head general manager's player has already left the team, so perhaps the assistant GM leaving was inevitable.

What a great shame that things have come to this. A legendary team that won it all is now 12th in a league with 16 teams. That just goes to show that every team could have their time in the sunshine if they have the right managers running the organization. If you build your team the right way - your team could be like the Vancouver Wolves.

First off, why tf are you not mentioning me by name? Reminds me of how I used to call the Commanders “the football team from Washington” instead of their racist slur of a name. Hopefully my name isn’t a slur these days.

Second, you completely overestimate my role as an AGM. I made pressers, but then I stopped doing that and continued to hold the role. I never made any management decisions and the most talking I ever did in our war room was about Nyko’s irl friend. So I actually have very little knowledge of the VHL scouting, can’t submit lines (iPads suck guys) and never caused the team to be succesful. Honestly I kinda feel like spiting you and making a player do well without the meta cloud over my head so if I stay in the league props to you.

12 hours ago, NSG said:

First off, why tf are you not mentioning me by name? Reminds me of how I used to call the Commanders “the football team from Washington” instead of their racist slur of a name. Hopefully my name isn’t a slur these days.

Second, you completely overestimate my role as an AGM. I made pressers, but then I stopped doing that and continued to hold the role. I never made any management decisions and the most talking I ever did in our war room was about Nyko’s irl friend. So I actually have very little knowledge of the VHL scouting, can’t submit lines (iPads suck guys) and never caused the team to be succesful. Honestly I kinda feel like spiting you and making a player do well without the meta cloud over my head so if I stay in the league props to you.

I did not want to get reported for harassment. I'm on thin ice with the mods, even the smallest of errors could lead to sanctions.

Assistant GM not doing the pressers - that is surprising to hear. As far as I'm concerned, you are one of the masterminds behind the meta.  What you wrote is just an attempt to deflect my attention away from the fact that you indeed are one of the masterminds behind the meta.

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

I did not want to get reported for harassment. I'm on thin ice with the mods, even the smallest of errors could lead to sanctions.

Assistant GM not doing the pressers - that is surprising to hear. As far as I'm concerned, you are one of the masterminds behind the meta.  What you wrote is just an attempt to deflect my attention away from the fact that you indeed are one of the masterminds behind the meta.

Ah OK I understand

If I’m a mastermind behind the meta, why. the. hell. would I make my player a PIM monster and why. the. hell. would I have 70 PA? I understand you won’t trust me either way, but @Nykonax and the Reinharts can confirm that I did nothing. What you wrote is just an attempt to deflect my attention away from the fact that I did not build meta.

Both of you realize that this is going nowhere right? You'll just keep disagreeing until someone else gets involved and it blows up into a massive thing. Neither of you are 100% correct. But that also doesn't mean you are both 100% wrong. Ruutu, if you want to make claims like that you should at least have solid proof. ASG has references that can vouch for him, therefore I think he's more in the right in this situation. Don't go after me, I'm just trying to stop this before a whole bunch of reports start flying.

Edited by eagle_3450
spelling

2 hours ago, NSG said:

Ah OK I understand

If I’m a mastermind behind the meta, why. the. hell. would I make my player a PIM monster and why. the. hell. would I have 70 PA? I understand you won’t trust me either way, but @Nykonax and the Reinharts can confirm that I did nothing. What you wrote is just an attempt to deflect my attention away from the fact that I did not build meta.

I don't know why you did that, I guess nobody is perfect. 

"..I did nothing."  This seems to be a trend among assistant general managers nowadays, but bit too good to be true.

2 hours ago, eagle_3450 said:

Both of you realize that this is going nowhere right? You'll just keep disagreeing until someone else gets involved and it blows up into a massive thing. Neither of you are 100% correct. But that also doesn't mean you are both 100% wrong. Ruutu, if you want to make claims like that you should at least have solid proof. ASG has references that can vouch for him, therefore I think he's more in the right in this situation. Don't go after me, I'm just trying to stop this before a whole bunch of reports start flying.

Thank you, Lionel Hutz.

6VHiez7.png

42 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I don't know why you did that, I guess nobody is perfect. 

"..I did nothing."  This seems to be a trend among assistant general managers nowadays, but bit too good to be true.

Well I do know why I did that, and it wasn’t an accident. My “excuse” isn’t to good to be true, it’s too true for you to handle

8 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Here's a thought; if tagging the people you're talking about in your media spot would lead to "sanctions" for harassment, then maybe you shouldn't post that media spot. Maybe you should try to write more positive content. 

You realize that this is a game with fake players, fake teams and fake awards? It’s all about having fun as a community, if you’re not having fun and hate everyone why do you even bother taking 10 minutes of your precious time to write stuff like that? If an online league is just getting you frustrated, maybe it’s time for you to reconsider your priorities.

7 minutes ago, Dom said:

You realize that this is a game with fake players, fake teams and fake awards? It’s all about having fun as a community, if you’re not having fun and hate everyone why do you even bother taking 10 minutes of your precious time to write stuff like that? If an online league is just getting you frustrated, maybe it’s time for you to reconsider your priorities.

Honestly thought this was a joke article... Just wanted to say that you can have fun by yourself and many do that nowadays, back in the day the teams I were part of exclusively only talked to their teams, this isn't a social networking site xD

15 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Here's a thought; if tagging the people you're talking about in your media spot would lead to "sanctions" for harassment, then maybe you shouldn't post that media spot. Maybe you should try to write more positive content. 

Better to be safe than sorry. As a long-time Vancouver and Quebec fan, I have the right to criticise how my team plays and how the team is built.

11 hours ago, Dom said:

Tank commander comes in with the harsh "facts", you enjoy long off-seasons and chatting in the locker room. I enjoy not as long off-seasons and chatting in the forum, we can both play this game together.

16 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

I do not think that Ruttu's article was unreasonable or even overly critical... he stated for the most part facts and questioned the decision of an AGM to leave the 'sinking ship' so to speak. And while there are a plethora of valid reasons to do so, which I will not venture further into, it is imo legitimate to ask the question about the timing of the resignation...

I think NSG overreacted a bit by getting triggered that his name was not mentioned explicitly. And then saying that he did not have much of an influence in the management of the team (which I will take at face value)... and in this case Ruttu even commended NSG for stepping down and open the position to people who would like to take on the task with more vigour than NSG apparently had recently (according to his own statement)...

19 hours ago, Zack said:

Honestly thought this was a joke article... Just wanted to say that you can have fun by yourself and many do that nowadays, back in the day the teams I were part of exclusively only talked to their teams, this isn't a social networking site xD

Maybe it was and if it was then I apologize for blowing up, however, Ruutu and I have had multiple, er, disagreements over the past couple seasons and so with that in mind it didn’t feel like a joke.

19 hours ago, v.2 said:

league's softies about to fold if jruutu makes another "hate" post 🤣

I never woulda guessed that I’m a softie but good to know ig /s

7 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

I do not think that Ruttu's article was unreasonable or even overly critical... he stated for the most part facts and questioned the decision of an AGM to leave the 'sinking ship' so to speak. And while there are a plethora of valid reasons to do so, which I will not venture further into, it is imo legitimate to ask the question about the timing of the resignation...

I think NSG overreacted a bit by getting triggered that his name was not mentioned explicitly. And then saying that he did not have much of an influence in the management of the team (which I will take at face value)... and in this case Ruttu even commended NSG for stepping down and open the position to people who would like to take on the task with more vigour than NSG apparently had recently (according to his own statement)...

I definitely agree that it was a legitimate question to ask. If someone randomly abandoned a bad team I’d be asking these questions too. If we’re gonna be honest here, I made that post because I realized I’d earned like 3 or 7 of 12 TPE on a Sunday night and I was tired, burned out, and stuff so I just kinda said that and thought I meant it (which I did until the next morning when I saw his comment on my status update)

I spose I did overreact. Guess what I was tryna say was that I wanted to be pinged somewhere so that I could know that people were t talking about me which would enable me to respond. I apologize for that. Understand the commendation for my stepping but for one thing I interpreted it as at least partially sarcastic and another thing it said that I had “put it all out on the line” for the last 3 seasons. No, I didn’t. That was Nyko. I was hired to sit on my ass and do nothing a while back and that’s what I’ve done.

@jRuutu pinging you here so that you can respond to this post as you see fit.

21 hours ago, Dom said:

7uS5aX3.png