Thomas Landry Retires

Doomsday

It's been no secret that Season 40 will be my last. It has been a long time coming, yet it hasn't been any easier to bring myself to do this. It's been quite the ride, with plenty of great moments, greater friends and some missed opportunities along the way as well. Yet, I wouldn't change any of it at all. I had the career I was meant to have and it couldn't have been a happier one for me. Coming into the league as a wide-eyed rookie, I now leave it a seasoned veteran and I can only hope that throughout my career, I've helped others make a similar transition in this great league.

Chris Miller, I've never forgotten that you were the first one to believe in me and to give me the chance to become something great. Fate made it so that it didn't happen as a New York American, but the time I got with your franchise was instrumental in me turning out the way I did. Thank you for all you've done for me.

Vince Wong was also incredibly instrumental to my development back as the general manager for the Bratislava Watchmen. You've no doubt seen the countless articles commemorating the Season 33 Founder's Cup champion squad, which featured many prominent future VHL stars. We did not come to the Watchmen as stars. Through your watchful (ha!) guidance, we rose up, came together as a fun, dedicated group and saw our task through to the end. The legacy of these players and the Season 33 Watchmen is a monument to all the hard work you put into making us all who we are today. Thanks coach.

Victor Alfredsson is also due many thanks. When my time was near an end with the Americans, I began to look at other teams. In doing so, I saw the plan that Victor was setting into motion, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Many said that I was overpaid for... but in the end, the two of us had the last laugh. Four straight runs to the Continental Cup later, with two successful trips, we were able to do our parts to make the HC Davos Dynamo truly great. Many people think of me when they think of Davos, but you deserve that recognition. You will get it here: thank you for being the driving force behind our wonderful team in Davos.

Speaking of the HC Davos Dynamo... I'd like to thank Lennox Moher, Matt Bentley, Davey Jones, Odin Tordahl, Sergey Brovalenko, Jarkko Olsen, Naomi Young, Felix Zamora, Terence Fong, Godavari Yumalatopinto, Shane Baker, Nikita Lebedev, Mario Linguini, Tony Stark, Matteo Gallo, Lars Lessio, Steven Stamkos and Eliana Ben-Lev. All of you gentlemen (and lady) who have served on the HC Davos Dynamo with me over the years have been what have made my career so great and memorable. None of our successes, as a team or personal, would not have been possible without each and every one of you guys. To Davos!! :dav:

Lastly, to my current teammates at Calgary... let's go have a memorable run this season! You may not be wearing the purple sweater of Davos, but you'll have my 100% as if you all had been with me all those years. Let's all have a great season this year!!

Thanks for the memories, VHL.

retiring before the depreciation ? Can he update his player ?

good career btw

Banked TPE can be distributed at any point. Even if he has retired the player. It just can't be transferred to a new player. So as of this moment yes he can update all that Banked TPE and any TPE from this point forward goes to his new player.

Banked TPE can be distributed at any point. Even if he has retired the player. It just can't be transferred to a new player. So as of this moment yes he can update all that Banked TPE and any TPE from this point forward goes to his new player.

I confirmed all of this with Victor, otherwise I would have waited. I'll be calculating the depreciation myself and setting myself up for it due to being away over the weekend.

I confirmed all of this with Victor, otherwise I would have waited. I'll be calculating the depreciation myself and setting myself up for it due to being away over the weekend.

Of course. What I was just describing to boubabi is that the 45 Banked TPE you have will probably go to avoid depreciation as much as possible and then any new TPE will go towards your new guy.

Of course. What I was just describing to boubabi is that the 45 Banked TPE you have will probably go to avoid depreciation as much as possible and then any new TPE will go towards your new guy.

Probably should have held off to do purchases as well, but this is really the only time I could properly retire (read: wall of text filled with feels) and I can't keep putting off getting Kowalski actually created. It's time for the next chapter to begin.

Probably should have held off to do purchases as well, but this is really the only time I could properly retire (read: wall of text filled with feels) and I can't keep putting off getting Kowalski actually created. It's time for the next chapter to begin.

I don't think purchases carry over though as in your money. So I think regardless you did it right