Quick Top 10 Mock

dlamb

w640xh480_NHL_Draft_Preview_June_2022.jpg?ts=1656952605

The draft is tonight!?!? So I'm going to quickly (with next to no research) fill out my top 10 for the Season 85 VHL Entry Draft.

1st Overall - Vancouver Wolves :que:

C John Jameson @Frank

With the first overall pick, the Vancouver Wolves go with.... their own GM! To me, this is by far the safest pick for Vancouver, and can use Jameson in any way they like, for what is best for the team. If Frank doesn't want to go with his own player here, I could definitely see them reaching for long-time captain @NSG, but I believe that Vancouver will go with Jameson just simply for the fact that you know they will be a career Wolf, and a consistent earner.

2nd Overall - Prague Phantoms :prg:

G Matt Murdock @Acydburn

For the same reasons as above, I see the Prague Phantoms going for a Player-GM here. Although I'm not exactly sure what this means for Clueless Wallob @DMaximus , Prague's 6th overall selection from last season's draft, who is slated to start their rookie season in net. That is the only reason I could see Prague going in a different direction with this 2nd overall pick, but nonetheless I believe we will see a superstar 1A-1B tandem for the foreseeable future in Czechia.

3rd Overall - London United :ldn:

RW Henry Eagles @Greg_Di

Honestly, I don't have too much of a read on what GM @Dil's plans are, so I'll go with a pick that I believe is a relatively safe one. The last player from the Eagles agency, Tom Eagles, spent his farewell season in London, so there definitely is a connection there. Most players from the Eagles agency seem to be fairly loyal to their draft franchises, so I believe this would be a great, safe pick for the United.

4th Overall - New York Americans :nya: (from Malmo)

LW Daniel Weaver @ThePerfectNut

Weaver is definitely a wildcard in this draft, and as someone without a 1st-round pick, I didn't get a chance to talk to the player and see what their thoughts and feelings are about how they want their career to go. So I'll just have NYA, a franchise desperate for talent everywhere in their lineup, taking the best player available. I don't think this would be a bad pick at all, my only question would be how long you can keep Weaver around, as I know this agency has had it's problems with the Americans franchise in the past.

5th Overall - Calgary Wranglers :cal: (from Los Angeles)

D Phil Strasmore @Phil

I have a feeling Calgary is hoping that former AGM and 2-time player @Greg_Di will drop to this pick, but seeing that I don't have him dropping here, I don't think Calgary is that upset, taking another player from the @Phil agency. We have seen players under this agency as recently as Phil The Rock Johnson have success with the derphorses, who spent 6 seasons in Calgary, and recorded 4 point-per-game+ seasons.

6th Overall - Malmo Nighthawks :mal: (from New York via Vancouver via New York)

LW Astro Singh @8Ovechkin8

7th Overall - Toronto Legion :tor:

D Tater Tottingham @Trunkxolotl

8th Overall - Riga Reign :rig:

G Henry Tucker Jr @NSG

9th Overall - Malmo Nighthawks :mal: (from Davos)

G Karl Pedersen @JeffD

10th Overall - Calgary Wranglers :cal:

RW Babay Shrimp @Blazzer

No matter where anyone goes, congrats to all the draftees, and good luck in your respective careers. Feel free to come back to this later tonight and comment about how I went 0/10!

Claiming for next week, week ending Sept. 4th. 520ish words.

Edited by dlamb