Helsinki Titans Jersey Retirement

Higgins

:hel: Helsinki Titans Jersey Retirement :hel:

The last player to have their number retired by the Helsinki Titans played his final season in S25. Needless to say it is an elite club that have their jerseys hanging from the rafters in the historic Hartwall Arena. Nine jerseys hang from those rafters and today we are adding the tenth. To be recognized with a jersey retirement you need to play an important role on a team for a long time. Not everyone can commit to one team for the majority of their career and it truly is something worth honoring. With a new era of Helsinki players upcoming it is a perfect time to remember the S30 era in Helsinki with a player that represents it best.

----------

Ethan Osborne played for the Helsinki Titans from S31-S36 and served as the captain for all six seasons in teal. Osborne is the best draft pick in Helsinki Titans history and shaped how the S30 era Titans were perceived. His elite level play mixed with good sportsmanship and dedication to the Titans showed all throughout his career. Osborne wasn't just the face of the Titans, he was the face of the VHL. The Titans made the playoffs in every season with Osborne on the roster and ultimately won a Continental Cup in S34. He also led the Titans to one of the greatest regular seasons in VHL history in S33. He won many individual awards including four Grimm Jonsson Trophies for top leader. Osborne took the Titans to new heights and is arguably the best player ever to dawn the teal jersey. Osborne was also inducted to the VHL Hall of Fame as a first ballot candidate. It is with great pleasure and honor that I, as former Titans GM and teammate of Osborne, get to announce the retirement of his #49 forever in Helsinki as we forever immortalize Ethan Osborne in Helsinki Titans history.

Osborne_zpscf4a190a.png

:hel: Ethan Osborne, S31-S36 :hel:
504 GP, 315 G, 429 A, 744 P, +295, 292 PIM, 589 HIT, 305 SB, 50 GW

S31 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy
S32 Grimm Jonsson Trophy
S33 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (co-winner)
S34 Grimm Jonsson Trophy
S34 Mikka Virkkunen Trophy
S36 Scotty Campbell Trophy
S36 Brett Slobodzian Trophy
S36 Mike Szatkowski Trophy
S36 Kevin Brooks Trophy
S36 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (joint with 4 others)
One Continental Cup (S34)

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel:

When I gave STZ control of the Titans I told him there was only one thing I didn't get to do as the GM. The one condition to him taking over is that I would get to act as the GM one more time. This is it.

Congrats bud! :hel::cheers: