A Background on why I Recreated and Created Olivier Gauthier

fonziGG

Well, for the most part... I've missed the VHL. Most people know that the VHL was my first league and I came into this league around the same time as some members in here. I played for the Halifax 21st under @Thranduil(pls come back u bum) and feasted with my boys @CowboyinAmerica@Steve@Acydburn@Gaudette and a few others. We went out in the second round with what was a hell of a run with the team. Acyd was drafted to Seattle and I was drafted to Malmo. In my opinion, those were the top 2 teams in the league at that time and for a long time we were competitors. One thing I will mention is that, Seattle definitely prevailed and won multiple cups in that time, whereas we never won anything. Unfortunate really but that was a super fun rivalry to be a part of. I honestly feel like the VHL has lost a bit of that competitive edge since then. Can I pinpoint where it comes from? No, I personally can't and I don't really care to find out what it is. I'd love to see the league return to a highpoint of competitiveness. That would be exciting as hell to have again.

I feel like most sim leagues have lost that edge of competitiveness. We need team rivalries to come back for a vengeance. More trash talk in the discord and more trash talk in media spots. GM's talking trash everywhere. I think if we had that, we'd be keeping a lot more members around in general. However, we also need the league to keep in mind that this is all for fun, nothing is personal and this is a hobby. Do not go overboard. Theres tasteful competitive edge and theres distasteful competitive edge. Keep it tasteful everyone. We are a community after all.

What else is missing in the VHL? Well, I think a few more things. I will say, I have a feeling that theres too much action with the E. The implementation of the E I think had some drastic side effects that we may not have seen happening. Which includes the competitive nature of the VHL and VHLM. I think how competitive the VHLM was perceived is now no longer there and the incentive to earn like a mad person is kinda gone as well. Maybe we were hasty in introducing the idea of the VHLE or maybe it wasn't the right way to go. I say this, knowing that theres huge great benefits that I still agree is being given, I think the negatives however outweigh the positives. I'm also not suggesting that the VHLE get scrapped either. I'm sure theres a solution between the lines and the BOG will sort it out sooner rather than later.

VHL is life. VHL is home. I haven't been consistent here at all. I know that myself. I also know that I may have built up a bit of a reputation as that person that eventually goes IA. Maybe I am that guy, maybe I'm not. But to be honest, the VHL is where I end up whenever I'm hard core into sim leagues. It's my league and it's my home. This community has created so many great moments for me as a dude and I've made plenty of great friends over time. Stay classy VHL and never lose that charm. I'll always return from IA to you lot.

Edited by fonziGG

• fonziGG changed the title to A Background on why I Recreated and Created Olivier Gauthier