In Commemoration of the S86 Founders Cup Victory

Let these names be carved into history forever.

Sjin

@Mint

The epitome of loyalty. A huge part of the culture in San Diego during my tenure. Always working to be the best. Fought through a lot of harrowing things to be with us here in the end.

Champion.

Don Aven

@Novanod

Tried and true. A steady dominating presence. Solidified our trio down the middle. Played tough minutes and won key possessions for us. Dominated in the faceoff dot and on the penalty kill.

Champion.

Jacob Bryla

@Jakebryla10

Mr. Consistency. Always brought his A-game. Led the best line in the VHLM down the middle. Defensive monster, and play driving menace. Could play anywhere in the lineup.

Champion.

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier

@vincentlg2007

Offensive phenom. Hard nose to the net, always trying to score the next goal. Brought competitiveness and energy to the team at all times. A continual threat on the Power Play.

Champion.

Oreo McFleury

@JB123

Our most improved player. A full circle experience. Never backed down against top competition. Always managed to pull out clutch performances when needed. Made the most of his time on ice.

Champion.

Lucas Grey

@emidas

Enigma. The best 0 TPA player to ever grace the VHLM. Noted physical presence. A plus player. Always left room for his teammates to shine. The steal of the S86 VHL Draft.

Champion.

Leonard Triller

@Triller

The perfect teammate. Always contributed quality over quantity. A fan favourite. A marketable star. The dishmaster. The content king. Our secret weapon. The steal of the S86 VHLM draft.

Champion.

Ben Dover

@Zylen_a.k.a_ぞソしeれ

The quiet menace. The perfect support player. Perfectly balanced (as all things should be). Recently became taggable. Head down, never complained, and always helped us come out on top.

Champion.

Adam Rage

@MrMom

The defensive master. A shutdown unit in one body. Our Captain. Could take on any matchup in the league and win it. A GMs ideal player. Criminally underrated, and always outperforming.

Champion.

David Jokinen

@Ahma

The heart of Davos, taking a brief pitstop in San Diego. The key to our dominant offense. An absolute master at the point, especially on the Power Play. Certainly a candidate for playoff MVP.

Champion.

Kronchy Kardashian

@Garsh

Our friendly neighbourhood Kardashian. Incredibly well rounded. Constantly winning puck battles, especially physically. Fit anywhere in the lineup. Always there for a chat, or to lend a hand.

Champion.

Jack Jeckler

@Uncommon

A hidden gem. Sheltered most of the season, but really grew into a leader and star on the back end once released. A bonecrushing presence. True professional and future star.

Champion.

Reinhard Von Kongming

@Kylrad

Brought stability to our back end. Came in off a dominant offensive run, and quietly chugged away for us. Essential for the future of the Marlins, and essential in the playoffs.

Champion.

Admir Bala

@Tyler

Another incredible 2-way talent. Provided us a little bit of everything this season, and a lot of bits of everything next season. Played, and won a lot of important minutes in the playoffs.

Champion.

Full Player Name

@Matt_O

Underrated defensive talent. Not a regular feature on the scoreboard, but always in the right place at the right time. Won, maintained and progressed possession night in and night out.

Champion.

Justin Lion

@Emperor_Fun

Gave everything for this team. Gave us the chance to win every single game, and won most of them. MVP Candidate, and soon, awards darling. Never backed down from anyone.

Champion.

Stefan Norris

@Elman Diablo

Brought passion, conversation and camaraderie every single day. Eager to learn, eager to play and most of all eager to win. Noted playoff winner and future VHLM elite backstopper.

Champion.

Aimee

@aimkin

The glue that kept our little squad together. A friendly face around the arena. Kept the GM grounded, sane and logical. Eagerly and skillfully pushing the brand of the San Diego Marlins.

Champion.

Jacob Carson

@jacobcarson877

Eager mentor, and student of the game. Always looking for a way to be that little bit better. Always looking ahead to the next game, the next season. Pushes others to believe in themselves.

Champion.

Thank you to all of the players who have put their faith in the Marlins over the years, and have given their all for the team. There has been a lot of heartbreak and disastrous collapses in our past, but now we have something we never had before. A championship. I hope this can be the first step towards building a franchise that continues to grow and expand, developing more VHL stars and attracting more blossoming talent. I hope this is the first step towards establishing our culture of growth, development and ultimately having a great time. Being a Marlin is something to cherish forever, to build into our identities. When you walk into the dressing room for the first time, breathe in the Marlins Legend spirit. Look at the legacy of the players before you, and know that you yourself are already a part of that legacy. Love and support your fellow Marlins Legends, and carry on all of the lessons and values instilled during your time here.

Go Marlins!

Marlins one day, Marlins everyday. This one is for every Marlins legend that stepped foot in this locker room. I'm leaving San Diego as a champion and bigger than when I arrived. The last 3 seasons were a wild ride but we stayed strong, we fought, we won, we lost but most importantly we were together. Thank you for everything Marlins and i'm proud of the 179 games I spent in the big fish. I enjoyed giving the team those 195 points and those 89 goals. Especially the last one. San Diego is big, San Diego is proud, San Diego will fight, San Diego will rise. Let's go Marlins- Vincent Laroche-Gagnier your (A) and #7 

Capture_decran_2023-01-04_a_4.30.16_PM.png

Love this group of people. Love being a champion. I'll miss y'all (some of you I'll see on Cologne), but we'll always have this! This is a special time in my life. I'm glad y'all took a chance on me, I'm glad I put the right foot forward day in day out. An amazing 66 regular season + playoff games, where we all meshed on the ice. I'm so happy to get rewarded like this. I love y'all!

Congrats to GM @jacobcarson877. You deserve a winner! And congrats to Jacob Bryla @Jakebryla10 and Full Name Player @Matt_O🥒 A JST championship and a Founder's Cup is a fantastic start to your careers! Good luck the rest of the way.