Official End of the Lottery Tournament

Beketov

• Commissioner

Hello everyone,

I know there are some who won’t be pleased to hear this but the league has decided to end the practice of the Lottery Tournament.

It was originally created to give non-playoff teams something to look at sim wise which is good in theory but in practice it has often been completely ignored by both the players and GM’s involved in it. Additionally complications have arisen with the varying lottery odds involving teams not owning their own pick and therefore, intentionally or otherwise, harming another team by choosing to ignore or tank their lines in the tournament. Lastly it just adds more simming time required to a sim team that already has 3 sets of playoffs and multiple off season tournaments to worry about.

So, for all of those reasons, S88 will officially mark the final lottery tournament and moving forward they will not be held. Instead lottery odds will be locked at the following:

1. 25.0%

2. 20.0%

3. 17.5%

4. 15.0%

5. 12.5%

6.  10.0%

These will still give an advantage to the worse teams, versus the old equal odds that we used pre-tournament, but will keep all teams with at least a decent shot at winning. All other rules regarding the draft lottery (only dropping 1 spot, etc) will remain the same.

@VHL GM this is obviously most important for you guys so just throwing a tag there for good measure.

- @Commissioner, @BOG

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Summers: take a fucking break, jeez. 

VHL, VHLE, VHLM, playoffs for all three, WJC, WC, JST.

Yeah just a bit of simming…

30 minutes ago, Beketov said:

VHL, VHLE, VHLM, playoffs for all three, WJC, WC, JST.

Yeah just a bit of simming…

Wait I’m on the sim team?! Best bad news ever

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

Wait I’m on the sim team?! Best bad news ever

I mean I was just listing the things we sim but there’s a discussion to be had here.

Glad it's removed, I understand kind of the idea to give teams who missed the playoffs something to keep them entertained in the off-season, (I believe that's what it was used for), but I don't know many people who honestly cared.