Payne traded to Vancouver!

Scurvy

Well, S89 started off with a bang for former Warsaw Defenseman Brian Payne.  Signed as a free agent in VHLM, drafted 26th overall by Warsaw in S82, Payne has always wanted to prove people wrong.  A solid TPE earner and gritty defenseman won a cup with Warsaw in S84 and won a few defensive awards.  However, all things come to an end and a re-building Warsaw club traded the dman to a very, very good Vancouver Wolves club for some draft picks.  We caught up and had a sit down with the new Wolves Dman and he filled us in on the emotions of being traded:

Reporter:  Brian, you have always been an underdog and have found success along the way.  How did it feel to be traded by the team you gave your heart and soul for?

Payne: “It was tough.  I love the fans, teammates, and GM.  They have all been great to me.  But after missing the playoffs for the first time in my career, at any level, I knew the team had to do what’s best for their future.  I have no hard feelings. @N0HBDY was always up front with me and I understand completely.  I wish them all the success in the world…..after the next two season of course.  Lol

Reporter: “How has it been with your new club?  What changes if anything do you want to bring to such a storied franchise in Vancouver?

Payne: “Its intimidating for sure being around such professionals.  The club is active and invested in each other.  They want total success, and they brought me here to help win another cup.  That is all I am concerned with.  I don’t care about personal stats or awards of any kind for me.   I want to help the Wolves hoist the cup and feel that cold steel in my hands once more.” 

Reporter:   Brian, your known for playing a physical and nasty game in front of your net.  You fight, hit, and sometimes that means an abundance of PIMS.  I have heard a rumor where with Vancouver, you plan to scale that back a bit?”

Payne: “You heard right.  I need to have a bit more disciple.  I had 250 PIMS last year and only 40 minutes were from fights.  Make no mistake, I love to fight  and let my presence be known if needed but I took way too many minors with the Preds that cost the club in close games.  I’ve matured and I don’t want to hurt the Wolves by being stupid.  I can still be physical and hit and fight, but I am looking to curb the minors for @Frank. As of today, I’ve dropped 10 TPE in grit in an attempt to curb the minors with maybe more to come.” 

Reporter: “How do you feel about the current roster in Vancouver?”

Payne: “Just wow.  The team is full of true professionals and amazing talent.  I mean just look at the roster.  Dogwood Maple @dogwoodmaple, (future scoring champ) Henry Eagles @Greg_Di, Nico Pearce @Spartan , Oreo McFleury @JB123,  FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ, and Wann Kerr @VattghernCZup front.  There are some future Hall of Famers in that mix and more importantly some great people and teammates.  On defense, look no further that Pierre Emile Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito.  I mean between him and Jake Thunder @Thunder we're looking at the two best Dmen in the game.  The new addition of Reinhard von Kongming @Kylrad and goalie, Brandt Fuht @Tate the wolves have a lot to be proud of. I will bust my ass to make them proud that they traded for me.”

Reporter: Thank you

603 words

If thing that jumped out to me is the fact that your where drafted 26th overall? One hell of steal if I am say so. And I love the answers about the team comes first as it seems that is the way of the Wolves; of course we will take awards but only if the team has been successful. As for that @Thunder guy, as long as one of us finishes ahead of him is assist and top defenseman voting than I will be happy!! LOL! Just joking as I don`t know @Thunder very well but it is great to hear you talking such regards and respect for him and myself. Cheers!!

Now let us both be better behaved this season and put up some good points as we win a ton of games towards hopefully another Championship; this time together.

P.S. Just looked at PIM as Bouchard took some stupid penalties so I thought I was leading the team. Nope, Payne leads in every category at the moment; okay I stretching it a bit but assists, points and yes, PIM!! LOL!!

Great to have you on the team and I am extremely excited to see what we can do if both of us get going like the past two seasons.

wolf sitting GIF

3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

very well but it is great to hear you talking such regards and respect for him and myself. Cheers!!

The only reason @Scurvy would ever talk nice about Thunder is because he lowered his grit and is now afraid to fight Thunder.  Dont be fooled by that jack booted thug of a teammate of yours.  He’ll steal your skates, sticks, ah what am I kidding…. He’ll steal your lunch, your boyfriend, or your girlfriend too if he gets the chance.  By going to Vancouver it puts him closer to better hospitals when Thunder crushes him.  Vancouver is my new nemesis.  

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

By going to Vancouver it puts him closer to better hospitals when Thunder crushes him

Since when has Vancouver had good hospitals? Outside BC Childrens, I don`t think I can name one that I would want to go to. Alberta has better Hosptials than BC as far as I am concerned.

But I guess it is anything better than Davos has to offer.

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Vancouver is my new nemesis.

Noted!! LOL!!

Good thing you are European division and only play us four times, close together so you have enough time to recover your emotions from the damage we are going to cause. Hopefully for your sake, HC Davos is well with the play-off before the final six games of the season since we will try our best to eliminate you. If not I hope HC Davos makes the Finals against us so you will never recover from the crushing feeling of being swept in the finals!! LOL!!

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

Just as long as you get me my prediction point that i picked you for!!

Oh, Not looking good at the moment as you have picked me only for the Top Offensive D and I am off to a complete heater with 0 points in two games. Not even sure I have even a shot on net yet. Okay , that is too far of stretch but Bouchard is cold at the moment. But Payne, who you picked for everything else is doing okay.LOL!!

I thought for a second that I had also picked you for some of my predictions but it looks like I went Voss & myself instead. I was thinking of given Payne more credit but all this talk about how he old and washed up so Warsaw needed to trade him; well that looks like bull at the moment!! LOL!

Payne will slow down @Gaikoku-hito.  He usually shits the bed for the first 20 or so games. Got lucky game 1-2.  I did one TPA Recall for 10 grit but seeing his PIMS in the first game I might need to do a second 10 recall.  

5 hours ago, Thunder said:

The only reason @Scurvy would ever talk nice about Thunder is because he lowered his grit and is now afraid to fight Thunder.  Dont be fooled by that jack booted thug of a teammate of yours.  He’ll steal your skates, sticks, ah what am I kidding…. He’ll steal your lunch, your boyfriend, or your girlfriend too if he gets the chance.  By going to Vancouver it puts him closer to better hospitals when Thunder crushes him.  Vancouver is my new nemesis.  

If you scored as much as you talk you'd be MVP every season! Go back to coloring you My Little Pony book and leave the rest to adults. 

14 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Payne will slow down @Gaikoku-hito.  He usually shits the bed for the first 20 or so games. Got lucky game 1-2.  I did one TPA Recall for 10 grit but seeing his PIMS in the first game I might need to do a second 10 recall.  

I hope he doesn`t slow down as Payne is killing it. I know Bouchard is good one sim day and bad the next, repeat. No real consistency!!

And I would wait a few sims to see really what we have this season as lines will change most likely every sim until Frank finds something he likes.

I am also consider some changes to my build but I am holding off for a few more games before I am the changes.

Will love to see you drop @Thunder the first time we play them!! LOL!! Wish we could increase one stat temporarily for a sim or game based on being rivals with a team or player!! LOL! 

Also we don`t play him until game 260 means it will be about mid-season before we have little fun!!

7 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Also we don`t play him until game 260 means it will be about mid-season before we have little fun!!

Payne has been trying that for 6 seasons.  Thunder even puts one hand behind his back.

@Thunder Uh!! So that is how your face ended up like that!!

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

@Scurvy If he keeps leading with his face just keep hitting him but also understand you cannot knock some sense into someone that seemly doesn`t have any!! LOL!!

Knock Knock Doihavethesause GIF by Ski Mask The Slump God

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

It’s ok @Gaikoku-hito  you get used to his tired old insults that never change.  Pretty soon you just ignore it. @Thunderhas never been very creative    Just humor him and he will eventually go back to licking windows.  

• 1 month later...

And Here we are in the Finals against each other!! @Scurvy Only fitting isn`t that we shall face the boss battle together!!

@Thunder You have no chance as long as we, the Wolves are here!!

Or is that "Payne dans ta Bouche"

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

But wait and see when we fight…. Payne’s gonna blame his loss on having to fight others before thunder and he’s too tired to fight.  We got you guys right where we want you.

Yeah fight and get off the ice so I can pot a couple more goals, please and thanks ya goon

On 8/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, Scurvy said:

Thought you were without internet service???   I am ready Thunder!  Icing my left hand's knuckles right now

I was fool. Then had to deal with Sam’s wedding.  I’d get killed putting VHL ahead of that.  You better be greasing up your knuckles cuz it’s time to go to blows.  @Spartan  thinking he’s gonna be all over the scoring after the fight…. Pleeaaasee.    You better off trying to score on jersey girls!!

17 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I was fool. Then had to deal with Sam’s wedding.  I’d get killed putting VHL ahead of that.  You better be greasing up your knuckles cuz it’s time to go to blows.  @Spartan  thinking he’s gonna be all over the scoring after the fight…. Pleeaaasee.    You better off trying to score on jersey girls!!

Point me at the local girls who are ready to mingle, I've got astronomically higher chances at potting a girl than a cup win.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:53 AM, Spartan said:

Point me at the local girls who are ready to mingle, I've got astronomically higher chances at potting a girl than a cup win.

Funny, sad but somehow ended up true!! 😭

tfw GIF