S90 Trade Deadline & Theme Week

Beketov

• Commissioner

Been meaning to try and be more consistent about doing this at the trade deadline so gotta start somewhere. @VHL GM's here is where everyone is sitting in regard to the Louth Rule. Bold indicates missing games.

Calgary: 8/8

Chicago: 8/12

DC: 10/8

Davos: 6/8

Helsinki: 7/8

London: 8/8

LA: 0/8

Malmo:9/8

Moscow: 8/8

NY: 0/8

Prague: 5/8

Riga: 8/8

Seattle: 5/8

Toronto: 7/8

Vancouver: 2/8

Warsaw: 16/8 😵

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Warsaw: 16/8 😵

Once again, bringing up this rule:

15.3 - Spirit of Competition

i. Best Available Roster - General Managers are expected to put forth their best available roster, every game of the season. Managers found to be violating the spirit of competition within the league, especially, but not limited to, any form of tanking, will face punishment, at the discretion of the League Commissioners. Punishment will range up to, and including, but not limited to: Draft Pick Forfeiture, Salary Cap Fines, GM Dismissal.

Example:

If a team in S73 is found to be playing CPU Players, or inferior Inactive Players, over better Human Created Players, they may face reduced Draft Lottery Odds, or possibly the loss of their 1st Round Pick entirely, in the S74 VHL Entry Draft. Depending on the severity of their transgression, the General Manager may also face dismissal.

ii. CPU Goaltenders - Teams may not start a CPU Goaltender for more than 8 games in a season, when a human created goaltender above 250 TPA is available. If the team does not have a human created goaltender on their roster, they must make a reasonable attempt to acquire one, whether that is through trade, free agency, or the VHL Entry Draft.

Bot goalie played for an extra 8 games over a human created goalie who is over 250 TPA.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Alex said:

DJ Fire Dragon started 2 games with davos prior to being traded, so I’m at 8 total

Also means Seattle is at 4; good to know.

I do always hate trades after start, makes checking so much more confusing haha.

• Commissioner
Just now, Spartan said:

Bot goalie played for an extra 8 games over a human created goalie who is over 250 TPA.

I have spoken to @N0HBDY about that already, don't worry.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I have spoken to @N0HBDY about that already, don't worry.

Right but is that a punishment coming along orrrrr.....? This isn't an infrequent situation, I think I bring it up to you once every other season at least. If there's no intent to punish, can we just remove the rule? Otherwise I don't think there's a point in having it.

25 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I was looking at the rule but didn't want to post it. There will always be tanking and that's okay imo but when it's super blatant, not the biggest fan... dunno if that's the case but dunno what else it would be :P  As long as it's not wild and teams are going 2-69-0. Sickening! lol

I think the rule is pretty important. Maybe add to the rule:

• No CPU goalie shall start over 10 games PER team unless no other goalie is available to that team? :P  The extra 2 games may be slightly abused but it would suck to set it at 8 and then forget honestly and be punished. I know I've made a mistake maybe in the past where the BUG was on Day 10 despite me doing "copy all days". BUG actually was the new goalie on "day one". Didn't know that at the time but also never done it again. 

On 9/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Banackock said:

I was looking at the rule but didn't want to post it. There will always be tanking and that's okay imo but when it's super blatant, not the biggest fan... dunno if that's the case but dunno what else it would be :P  As long as it's not wild and teams are going 2-69-0. Sickening! lol

I think the rule is pretty important. Maybe add to the rule:

• No CPU goalie shall start over 10 games PER team unless no other goalie is available to that team? :P  The extra 2 games may be slightly abused but it would suck to set it at 8 and then forget honestly and be punished. I know I've made a mistake maybe in the past where the BUG was on Day 10 despite me doing "copy all days". BUG actually was the new goalie on "day one". Didn't know that at the time but also never done it again. 

This is the most sensible resolution tbh.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:17 PM, Spartan said:

And now there's another team who manages to break the rule *after* the reminder goes up and this thread happens :rofl: