Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Guest Svoboda_3

Just finished watching the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) with my daughter. Brought back a lot of childhood memories. Can't wait for the new one to come out.

Veronica Mars 8/10

First opening couple minutes I was like wtf is this shit, I was so confused then I got caught up and really enjoyed this film, would suggest watching if you like a comedy/drama/mystery type film. Also there were many comedians in this that were only in it for a couple scenes but were good. This movie actually made me want to keep watching and you wanted to know who killed the celebrity. Also James Franko putting skinny jeans on was fucking hilarious :lol:

Red Sky 7/10

Alright movie but I fell asleep through it....

Can anyone recommend any Space Documentaries? I'm big into the whole Cosmos thing now.

Also, Peanuts the movie is coming out in 2015!

Going to watch NFS tomorrow, hope its doooooooope.

Maybe you should spell that out so everyone knows what you are referring too?

Need for Speed, I played all the games as a kid :)

Oh yes the movie that makes my workload heavier. I tell you, I do enjoy Fast & Furious type movies but the majority of Asians in our area make me hate the movies. It's not a race thing, it's a cleaning up their bodies thing. It gets annoying and disappointing.

Oh yes the movie that makes my workload heavier. I tell you, I do enjoy Fast & Furious type movies but the majority of Asians in our area make me hate the movies. It's not a race thing, it's a cleaning up their bodies thing. It gets annoying and disappointing.

Have you seen the group of asians with the Adventadors?

One adventador is purple and black with a batman logo with his name on it, he goes to my school, then theres the white one with the red stripe and the other is orange with a carbon fiber wing that is soooooo sexy.

Have you seen the group of asians with the Adventadors?

One adventador is purple and black with a batman logo with his name on it, he goes to my school, then theres the white one with the red stripe and the other is orange with a carbon fiber wing that is soooooo sexy.

All paid for by them right? That's the issue right there. Parents buy them those cars but these kids have no grasp of how to properly drive them so they end up wrapped around a tree.

All paid for by them right? That's the issue right there. Parents buy them those cars but these kids have no grasp of how to properly drive them so they end up wrapped around a tree.

Exactly.

Okay so one of my friends didnt want to watch NFS so we watched non-stop instead.

Non-Stop 9/10

As many fucking plot twists and lies as this movie had, its sure was fucking good. It had action, laughter intense scenes etc. I really do suggest watching this if you like Liam Neeson (Prolly spelled that wrong) or any action junky.

I really liked that there were alot of funny scenes like, when they first get on the plane, they follow the guy that is from Pakistan that looks like a bomber that really isnt, and they do this throughout the movie lol.

You just gave a major part of the movie away so edit it before people give you flak. The entire first half of the movie is around that character in parts you can just do that come on. Don't be a bonehead.

Also watched "Non-Stop". Very well done movie and suspenseful. Solid 9/10

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend any Space Documentaries? I'm big into the whole Cosmos thing now.

Also, Peanuts the movie is coming out in 2015!

Battlestar Galactica was a pretty good space documentary.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 today. It was pretty good tbh, the best part of the movie again was the dynamic between Peter/Spidey and Gwen though. Makes sense because Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are together IRL. Felt the feels the movie set out to make me feel, and enjoyed it. Nothing amazing though. 7/10.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw X-Men Days of Future Past, and it was amazing. Everything I could have hoped for, considering the story from the comic is incredibly complex.  

8.75/10

Edited by Seth

I've gone movie crazy in the last 2 weeks at the theater.

The Neighbors - Zac Efron & Seth Rogen was really funny and probably the best comedy I've seen since This is the End.

Spider Man 2 - I think the two new ones are better than the Spider Man 3 from the original trilogy but I do prefer the first two and the new 1st Spider man movie over this one.  I'd say this is my 2nd least favorite of the 5 out now but it wasn't a bad movie.  Compared to the other 4 movies I recently saw the neighbors and X-men Day of Future past were way better and this was probably on par with the Godzilla movie.

Godzilla - Probably the best Godzilla movie since the creation of Godzilla anyway.  Some of it was still meh its just a big monster movie but it destroyed the shitty one from 2000 or whenever it was and also better than any other monster type movie I've seen in a long time like cloverfield or even something like war of the worlds.  At the end of the day its just a really good monster movie though and I rate it below any traditional "good movie".

X-Men Days of Future Past - Like Spider Man 3 I hated X-men 3 from the last trilogy.  Xmen first class was great though and Days of Future Past was even better.  This is the best movie I've seen this year by far and if you don't go all nerd trying to match up all the time things and nitpick things like how did Professor X comeback and pretty much just assume the Xmen 3 never happened you will enjoy it more.  Can't wait to see what they do with the franchise in the potential spinoffs and next one with their current timeline.

I didn't really like X-men as much as other did. I found it really slow at times and hard to follow, and at one point I actually did fall asleep for like 2 minutes. The last 45 minutes or so made up for the first half and more of the movie though. It was ok but I'd give it a 7/10.

I liked Spiderman way more. I thought it would take a hit without toby but it was much better than expected. Typical Spiderman movie feel to it and most things were well done. 8.5/10.

Brienne of Tarth is also going to be in the 4th Hunger Games movie.  She is playing some female general that is in the 3rd movie and got recasted for the 4th for scheduling issues.

Also I just watched The Knights of Badassdom with Peter Dinklage and a bunch of other C actors that I can name their movies/tv shows but not them (lots of HBO actors).  Its a horroresque commedy with a succubus being summoned to a LARP event had a fairly funny premise but the movie was just not so good.  I was hoping for one of those awesomely bad movies that you know is going to be bad but its good because if it.  Seems like they almost went for that and the movie was just bad.

Edited by Mike