Official Movie Discussion

Devise

So I just watched Oculus with a friend. Sufficiently creepy movie, but that's not what is bothering me. Right when we reach the end of the credits, before a supposed post-credits sequence... the movie "ends" and my PlayStation 3 just turned itself off. It's never done that before. No double beep because the system crashed or anything, it was on and then it was just... off...

I'm kind of freaked out right now.

EDIT: NVM apparently I was misinformed about a post-credits scene. Still, it just turned off by itself which is still odd.

Edited by Sandro

So I just watched Oculus with a friend. Sufficiently creepy movie, but that's not what is bothering me. Right when we reach the end of the credits, before a supposed post-credits sequence... the movie "ends" and my PlayStation 3 just turned itself off. It's never done that before. No double beep because the system crashed or anything, it was on and then it was just... off...

EDIT: NVM apparently I was misinformed about a post-credits scene. Still, it just turned off by itself which is still odd.

well this is it, this is how it ends

DC82416A-5632-49CE-AF25-6DC720B935A4-600

• Commissioner

Mine did that right before the YLOD. Just saying.

It'd be a cool way to die I guess, we'd have documentation of the event. Me and my friend dropping dead for no reason in the same night would sort of prove that there's supernatural shit out there.

Still, I'd like at least another 60-70 years before I go. ;)

The Purge: Anarchy

Pretty decent. At the end some blonde asian guy was trying to beat his girlfriend so that was also interesting. He was easily stopped I didn't stick around to see the outcome. 

• Commissioner

Stone of Destiny

Surprising British Comedy. I usually enjoy the genre and had access to it for free (girlfriend’s mom rented it on iTunes and let us use her apple ID) so I figured why not give it a shot. Hardly the best film I’ve ever seen but was nicely put together and strongly acted. The plot was interesting enough but slightly predictable. Dialogue was about as witty and blunt as I would expect from a Scottish and British cast.

Overall I’d give it a 6.5/10 for strong visuals, dialogue, and acting. Points removed for the predictable plot and the way certain characters were handled. Certainly worth a rent if you can get it for a few bucks but I’m not sure I’d be willing to buy it.

A million ways to die in the west:

Fucking hilarious, died through most of the movie. A little raunchy for the younger viewers but overall a very good comedy.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

On a related note, Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy was incredible.

Anyone who still finds Seth MacFarlane funny is a younger viewer by default.

Was he ever funny? Granted I'm probably one of the most overly critical people on the planet, but I never liked Family Guy, Ted or really anything he's ever done. :S 

Was he ever funny? Granted I'm probably one of the most overly critical people on the planet, but I never liked Family Guy, Ted or really anything he's ever done. :S

Family Guy was good for awhile. Don't be like that, man!!

Ted did suck.

Just got back from Guardians of the Galaxy and holy fuck it's awesome. I'm not a huge comic book guy (though I watch all the Marvel movies anyways), I had never heard of this property before, and a month ago I was lukewarm on if I wanted to see it. However, it honestly delivers fully. It's funny, thrilling, moving, well acted, and above all: really entertaining. I cannot recommend this one more.

Going to see Guardians tonight with roomates. I'm looking forward to the first Marvel movie that is kind of a "break" from the extended universe stuff. As much as I think Marvel has done a solid job linking movies together and making it feel like one giant movie (and TV universe if you count Agents of Shield, seriously people should watch that show, first season only got better anyway) I still think having a super hero movie that deals with characters in space and really just a whole different theme is a nice change of pace. Gives us all a breather until Avengers 2 next year. 

Guardians isn't a break from the MCU. It's a departure from the previous entries, but it's still part of the same thing. Hell, Iron Man was supposed to have a cameo in the movie originally. Thanos has been teased since the first Avengers movie, I suspect the Avengers and the Guardians will be coming together to take him on in Avengers 3. This was just the first taste of Cosmic Marvel.

Anyways, I thought the movie was great. Chris Pratt was fantastic in it as was the rest of the cast, and seeing Brolin as Thanos got me all kinds of excited.

Guardians isn't a break from the MCU. It's a departure from the previous entries, but it's still part of the same thing. Hell, Iron Man was supposed to have a cameo in the movie originally. Thanos has been teased since the first Avengers movie, I suspect the Avengers and the Guardians will be coming together to take him on in Avengers 3. This was just the first taste of Cosmic Marvel.

Anyways, I thought the movie was great. Chris Pratt was fantastic in it as was the rest of the cast, and seeing Brolin as Thanos got me all kinds of excited.

I didn't mean a break as in it wasn't connected. I meant a break in that we weren't going to get bombarded with references to the movies that had already come out and a connected universe. It wasn't really trying to set up anything other than the Thanos stuff and the continued Infinity Gauntlet stuff. I also loved the movie. Chris Pratt was great. I hate to say it but wrestler Dave Bautista who I was worried about being awful in the film was great. He played the role so well. It's one of Marvels more layed back funnier films. They were cracking some serious adult jokes, and it really didn't take itself seriously at all. It was a fantastic viewing experience.