KLr8GZl.jpg

2023 Christmas Charity Announcement

2022 Christmas Charity Announcement

2021 Christmas Charity Announcement

2020 Christmas Charity Announcement

2019 Christmas Charity Announcement

TOTAL DONATED:

2022 = $4,672.73 for SickKids and St. Jude

2021 = $3,650 for Red Cross (Canadian and American)

2020 = $3,800 for Food Banks Canada and Feeding America

2019 = $1,872 for the Make A Wish Foundation

GRAND TOTAL:

$13,994.73

It's my favourite time of year! The lights everywhere are absolutely beautiful, the Christmas music is screaming in every Canadian Tire and has been doing so since 12:01AM on November 1st, the trees are up and decorated and my house is protected by an estimated 20+ nutcrackers at this point. Despite the troubles in the world, the world feels happier. The surroundings feel, look, smell, seem to be happier. Everyone, mostly, seems to be cheary. People come together to do incredible things. In Edmonton, a local radio station every year does "Toy Mountain" which should be fairly self explanatory. There's so much good going around and 4 years ago, the Victory Hockey League decided to come together to do the same thing. We all have our differences. Some of us get along great - most of us get along, and others have our/their differences. However, even with these disagreements, rivalries and all the such, every year we come together for such amazing causes. We put it all aside. There's never been drama or bull shit during this time. Just playfulness. Silliness. Happiness. Community. 

I don't remember how exactly it got started and really it doesn't matter too much 100% on the details, but If I'm remembering correct, at the time I was a member of the Board of Governors for the VHL. Christmas time was coming up and I have never been shy to be charitable throughout the year. I do it to organizations and when I'm walking down the street and actually have cash on hand for a change. I pitched the idea one day in the BOG and it quickly gained tractions. I reached out to @gorlab to make a graphic and hell yeah, he made the amazing art we're used to seeing from him. The idea is incredible in so many ways. It brings everyone together. It has a lot of fun events and silly things going on. It's celebrates Christmas as a community. It gives us FREE STUFF ;)  and we all come together, no matter our walks of life, who we are as members or people, to do some good in the world together. Back in 2019, did I think it was going to gather almost $14,000 in this amount of time? Honestly? Probably not, but I am so very proud of myself for pitching this idea to the BOG and I'm so proud of the community for all we've done. It so incredible to think we've come together and raised the total we've done so far and I'm really excited to see what we can do. Last year we smashed our other previous highs. It's always okay if we don't, but it's always fun to see this community grow and see what it's truly capable of!

This year, we're raising money for Doctors Without Borders. However, you can also donate privately as long as you come to the league with proof of donation. As with the other years, they're also taking blood donations as an acceptable form of donation and I dio believe just want a minor pitch of the arm or whatever the heck! They say they will take your word for it! I'm holding off for donating at the moment, but am excited for the Auctions to open up... at the moment, I will be tossing in a $20 "gift card" of your choice. It can be Steam, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, McDonalds or whatever within reasons, legalities and all of that. THEN, I am hopefully going to be allowed to do a COLD PLUNGE if we reach $250... and we'll see how that goes.. if it gains quickly and we smash the $250, I may have some milestones or fun ideas in store.. and please don't be afraid, when and if you auction/pitch in for the cold plunge, to pitch any ideas you may have!

Happy Merry Christmas GIF by Hello All