2020 VHL Holiday Bonanza Results

Quik

Hi Everyone!

As you all know, the 2020 Holiday Bonanza came to a close last night, and was a rousing success! Between the holiday drive and the holiday auctions, the league managed to raise an astounding $3300 in the name of charity! Of that money, $2685 was donated through the league paypal, while direct donations added over $600 CAD to the tally. The league will be adding $515 to the $2685 donated through our paypal, to send an incredible $1600 CAD to each organization, Food Banks Canada and Feeding America! This means that the TOTAL contribution from the VHL and its members is a bewildering $3800 CAD!!!

As you were all so generous, we decided to add a 4th Community Perk: Everyone may claim a free Doubles Week*, which will replace your Point Task for the week claimed, and give you 6 Uncapped TPE as well.

How to Claim

For Capped Portion: VHL Portal > Player Management > Claim Capped > Free Week > Link this post

For Uncapped Portion: VHL Portal > Player Management > Claim Uncapped > Other > Doubles Week > Link this post (please do not comment and link to that, this post will suffice)

*May only be claimed on players created on/before Dec. 25th

Again, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed their time, money, and resources to this donation drive. Many people are in need of help in putting food on their tables this year, and thanks to all of you we can help some of those who are less fortunate. I've said it before, but you all make me, and the rest of the blue team, extremely proud of the community that we've got here!

Thank you!

@Commissioner

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, bigAL said:

Soooo how bout those raffles?

I was planning to do it this week BUT I wound up having to work until 5 on Christmas Eve, yay... so it’ll probably be streamed the 26th.

• Commissioner

I was stunned by the generosity of the league last year and honestly this year blew me away even more. Absolutely amazing everyone, I’m basically speechless at this point. It was a hard year for everyone, including many of us here, so to see everyone come together and put SO MUCH towards good causes like this really makes me so proud of what this league has become.

• Senior Admin

Great job everyone and please be sure to take a second and spam all of the @Commissioner’s to thank them for putting all of this together. 

It’s crazy to me that this site that we all visit to watch simulated hockey games is donating $3,800 at Christmas to some great causes. It really speaks to the quality of our members and I think makes contributing to the league a much more rewarding experience. 

7 minutes ago, Will said:

Great job everyone and please be sure to take a second and spam all of the @Commissioner’s to thank them for putting all of this together. 

It’s crazy to me that this site that we all visit to watch simulated hockey games is donating $3,800 at Christmas to some great causes. It really speaks to the quality of our members and I think makes contributing to the league a much more rewarding experience. 

And we can't forget about the updaters! Thanks for all the hard work put into every single update this week 😅

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Advantage said:

Will the free doubles work as an affiliate for SBA? @Beketov

You would have to ask them, we can’t really say what they will or won’t accept. My hunch says no.

• fishy unfeatured this topic