Day 1 Sim recap

Berocka

Hello Everyone, I am the HockeyDude, just like the HockeyGuy on YouTube except I do the VHL and will probably only do this once as I am lazy and there are too many games to keep up with

On day 1 we experienced 17 games of the crazy VHL Schedule which saw all 16 teams play between 1-3 games so without further ado let us get right into the games

For the season opener, we saw two powerhouses of the NA VHL go head to head the Seattle Bears take on the Vancouver Wolves.

Game 1:

Seattle Bears vs. Vancouver Wolves

After Vancouver opened the scoring with a shot from Riley Martin past the glove of Giorgiy Costanzov the Bears quickly retaliated with a goal of their own from Justin Williams only 54 seconds later and it was only 41 seconds after that when Logan Ninefingers scored again taking the Wolves to the lead for the second time in this match. The game clock was only at 4.36 and the score was currently 2-1. Maybe what the commissioners had hoped by cracking down on Goalies save percentages by reducing the pad and glove size, had gone too far and goals were going to be scored left and right all season.

The rest of the period would see both teams go on the PP twice however the score would not change and we went into the sheds with a score of 2-1 with the shots being 15-12 to the Wolves.

The second period started off quickly with Henry Eagles going to the box 16 seconds into the period however it wouldn't be until the 9th penalty of the game where a team had finally scored on the Powerplay, this was from the stick of Oreo McFleury assisted by Williams and Dew for the bears as all three skaters notched up their 2nd point of the evening. Henry Eagles would also book end the period with a goal at 18.45 the last action of the period. The second intermission would start with the Bears leading the Wolves 3-2 even though they were outshot 13-20 in the period.

The Bears came out all guns blazing in the third period scoring two goals within 7 minutes to take the lead to 5-2 with St-Louis and Eagles potting a goal and Targaryen assisting on both to take their point total for the night up to three. The Wolves countered after the Bears iced the puck with a goal at 10.07 and then another 28 seconds later. These goals were scored by Abass Jr and Left Alone, it was not enough unfortunately for the Wolves as they were bested by the Bears 5-4 with the final shots being 44-47 in favour of the Wolves.

Giorgiy Costanzov earned the win with the Bears with a save percentage of .915 with the loss going to Dalkr Vidarsson with a save percentage of .886 both seeing the full 60 minutes of game time, the wolves struggled to hold possession at the end of the game long enough for Vidarsson to be pulled and to give the Wolves the man advantage.

The three stars of the game according to the VHL were Henry Eagles with 2-1-3, Severus Targaryen 0-3-3 and Riley Martin for Van with 1-1-2 I think they all performed well however Justin Williams with their 1-1-2 I think might have been overlooked for the Third star.

Stayed tuned for when I look into the next game that was played.

Players Mentioned

@Spade18, @Banackock, @Greg_Di, @JB123, @sadie, @JCV, @Mongoose87, @Smarch, @Scurvy, @KaleebtheMighty, @RileyL, @okochastar