VSN Presents: Have Your Say!!

Have Your Say: VHL Starting Goalies  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VSNHaveYourSay.jpg.7f60c2012473ad6efdbbf9370197ae44.jpg

Over the past few weeks, I have created a few poll questions about different aspect going around the VHL from Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy, trades and Conference wins. This got me thinking that wouldn`t it be nice to allow the fans, players and managers of the VHL to actually have an opinion about different topics around the league. So here now lets take a look at what everyone thought of the last two polls. Also make sure to vote into days Your Say Polls about Goaltenders.

1.     Who will win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy this season?

Over thirty members voted at the time of writing since I have a bad habit of not closing the polls by a date. From my understanding and the main reason that I posted the poll in the first place is the fact that I don`t think we have a clear cut rookie of the year winner at the start of the season.

CHTQuestion.jpg.a7596a416f933c96790affe1696161e1.jpg

Based on the voting most agree as Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy and George Richmond @badcolethetitan ended tied with seven votes each with 23.33% of the vote each or 46.66% voting for these two players to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy. Interesting current run away leader; Theo Allard @InstantRockstar with an amazing 47pts and on pace for 87pts by season end; only received two votes (most likely his mom & dad) for a 6.67% of the vote. Only one player didn`t even receive any votes (and seem to have no friends); which was Kimi Raikkonen @mattyIceman, who is currently 7th in rookie scoring so would be getting some consideration for the awards and if he has a strong second half of the season could even be a finalist. Made even sadder by the fact that we even received to write in votes, one for Bro? Karol Lamb @dlamb and James MacAvoy @Enraged.

Might be interesting to revisit the topic at the end of the season when it might become more clear who the finalist might be and who might actually win the trophy.

2.     Who wins the North American Conference?

Wasn`t complete surprised by how the voting played out for the next two questions since it is a case of recency bias as I think majority of the voters simple looked at the current league standing and said “them!!”

NAQuestion.jpg.59b5c38c9c1a401106667ae04a5d8b53.jpg

Who was them in the North American Conference it was D.C. Dragons, who received an impressive 61.11% of the votes out of 18 voters. Currently the team leading the conference and who I think will end up as the top team, only received 3 votes for 16.67%. The Biggest surprise might have been the turn out of @Frank parents voting for the Vancouver Wolves as they received 2 votes for 11.11%, tied with New York Americans. If you are not aware Vancouver was 7th at the time I posted this poll and just completed a trade involving their top point scoring forward Larry Abass Jr @RileyL and a solid stay at home defender in Jens Lekman @Bobcat looking like they all but had given up on the season.

3.     Who wins the European Conference?

This one a 100% agree with but at the time I don`t think that was the way that I was thinking as Moscow Menace was about to play the toughest part of the season schedule in what would have been a make or break week. Fast forward a week and Moscow Menace have a small gap at the top of a very tight European Conference but at 61.11% of the voter claiming that Moscow Menace will maintain that lead until the end of the season.

EUQuestion.jpg.25efdd673e69336a59902faabc57c409.jpg

Bit of a surprise with the drop off to the second placed London United and third placed Malmo Nighthawks considering the fact that both team have proven over the past season or two that they are top teams in the Conference. Surprised no one picked Prague Phantoms as they continue to stay within a few points of the conference lead despite missing a forward and a defender running with an 5-3-1 set-up; which shouldn`t hurt them that badly until the playoffs. I guess my tongue lashing swayed the vote against them. What the hell moment came when I seen HC Davos Dynamo actually received a vote as one of the worse teams in the league this season; not to mention the European Conference.

4.     Which team should be making a trade “Right” Now?

Bit surprised that most think Helsinki Titans are the team in the most danger at the moment but based on the current standing I 100% agree with the 8 voters or 44.44% as Helsinki clearly looks set to miss the playoff this season. Something must change or risk wasting last few season of Daryl Dixon @Ricer13 and Fuukka Rask @Jubis. Can they still make the playoffs? 10pts back at the halfway mark of the final wildcard rather suggest, No, not without making a major change to the line-up. Should be a team to watch with the trade deadline next week?

TradeQuestion.jpg.2f036094603bc4958f703eb59080b88c.jpg

Not completely surprised by the fact that Warsaw Predator received some votes to make a trade as they have a weakness on the back-end and maybe could deal with another top end forward but with the younger forwards being set for the next few season; it was unlikely that they will be able to add at forward without giving up some of that youth. Defense would make more sense but with limited defensive options meanings a difficult time finding a better defender again also needing to trade in and out if they make the trade means I don`t agree with the 22.22% or 4 voters that stated Warsaw. This could change as teams fall out of the playoff and look to secure future assets but Warsaw Predators don`t have any first round draft picks to make a significant trade.

Pleasantly surprised that all four teams mentioned did receive votes with New York Americans at 11.11% or two votes. While no write in votes came across the comments.

So what did you think?

Do you agree with the rest of the voters? Either way make sure to leave a comment below and vote for your VHL Starting Goaltenders in todays poll. Also if you have anything that you would like me to create a poll to ask the league about; VHL related of course than comment below so that you have your Voice Heard and ........

Have Your Say!!

VSN.jpg

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

What the hell moment came when I seen HC Davos Dynamo actually received a vote as one of the worse teams in the league this season

For the record; it wasn’t me