Houston makes History!

AJW

The Houston Bulls achieve 1000 Franchise Regular Season Wins!

P6jdUtO.png

Graphic Credit: @Vice

Entering S93 the Houston Bulls had a total of 988 regular season wins all time. In our 12th win this season, Houston has officially reached the milestone of 1000 Franchise regular season wins. If you'd like to check our history, click me

I want to give a shoutout to the former GMs before me as well, here is the list of wins each GM contributed:

S65, S71-S72 @Sonnet - 67

S66-S70 @FrostBeard - 162

S73-S79 @rjfryman - 248

S80-S82 @Moon - 142

(@mattyIceman in S80 too)

S83 @Arce - 21

S84-S89, S92-present @AJW - 291

S90-S91 @STZ - 69 😎

Total: 1000

It is very nice to be GM of a franchise with a deep history already, Houston only entered the VHLM in S65, so in 25ish seasons we have averaged roughly shy of 40 wins/season... 

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Tradition, Playoffs, and Development

Tradition is something I want to create more of for my team in Houston and reaching this milestone is huge for us. In 25+ seasons the Houston Bulls are still itching for our 2nd Founder's Cup, only hoisting it once in S68. Since my arrival in S84 I am unfortunate to say that I do not sit on the podium along side Frosty, but our playoff history in the last 10 seasons is something that is progressing!

S84: 1st round exit

S85: Missed Playoffs

S86: 1st round exit

S87: 2nd round exit

S88: 1st round exit

S89: 1st round exit

S90: Missed Playoffs

S91: 2nd round exit

S92: 2nd round exit

Current S93: 5th overall in standings

Houston may hold the 2nd round curse I can't lie. I've been GM for 8 seasons here now and that is the furthest I have managed to push my team. With consistent failure eventually comes success, and I am finding Houston to have success in many other ways besides winning games and trophies. As well as team tradition in consistent playoff appearances and competitive rosters, our team pumps out a lot of young talent! We pride ourselves on development of our players and have seen a lot of recent draft success and gains in TPE. Here's a TPE update on last and current season's rosters to see how everyone's earnings are doing:

S92 Roster

Antonia Bucatini: 518 TPE

Nathan Ecker: 312 TPE

Chris Reynolds Jr: 307 TPE

Tyler Lawson: 251 TPE

Barry McOckiner: 231 TPE

Filip Zinek: 175 TPE

Jack Dickins: 201 TPE

Miner vHLer: 341 TPE

Micah Cederbaum: 162 TPE

Benjamin Abenduct: 351 TPE

Lucy Leitner: 385 TPE

Cody Toland: 230 TPE

Toby Cook: 150 TPE

Ondrej Vencko: 290 TPE

Herald Benson: 270 TPE

S93 Current Season Roster

Filip Zinek: 175 TPE

Johnny Tsunami: 169 TPE

Elf shoes: 158 TPE

Charlie klepacki: 132 TPE

Cole Stermer: 130 TPE

Hulk Smash: 82 TPE

Tommy James Longpre: 67 TPE

Ray Stanton: 220 TPE

Billy Joel: 214 TPE

Wladyslaw Mintus: 206 TPE

LaClapbomb Hitstick IV: 70 TPE

Herald Benson: 270 TPE

Already in last season's roster 12/16 players are ready to move up to the VHLE next season if they haven't already done so. So far with this season's roster we have 10/12 over the 100 TPE mark and 7/12 over the 150 TPE mark. This is really awesome for our team as it puts Houston on the draft map for VHLE and VHL teams to draft our players. With consistent draft success coming from the consistent TPE earning of these talented players, Houston can make a stronger name for itself in the development aspect of our league. It will always be our goal to put the best team on the ice in order to win trophies for our club! Development is the first key of success towards that, so I am pleased to bring in so many new faces who want to hop on board. If you're curious towards our roster this season, we actually made some recent moves!

Starting off the season, Houston only acquired contract rights to goaltender Herald Benson. With that in mind and a short stock of draft picks, I traded for two forwards from Miami: Elf shoes and Charlie klepacki. After that, the draft was under way and Houston came out with 2 defenders: Billy Joel and Wladyslaw Mintus, and another forward: Cole Stermer, bringing our roster total to a 4-2-1. This was below bare minimum and thankfully two waivers decided to join right away, forwards: Hulk Smash and Tommy James Longpre. The season rolled on and Houston was only successful for one more waiver signing in forward: Johnny Tsunami, bringing our roster to a 7-2-1. With trade deadline around the corner, a second trade was needing to be made:

image.png?ex=66254f13&is=6612da13&hm=1c3

Graphic Credit: @Vice

Defenders Ray Stanton and LaClapbomb Hitstick IV enter the locker room for the cost of two future draft picks. Houston was in need of the support on the blue line in order to have a successful playoff run this season. With second season star Herald Benson putting up league leading numbers, and our second line of forwards: Cole Stermer, Charlie klepacki, and Elf shoes leading the charge on offense, this trade felt like the missing puzzle piece we needed. Before the trade, Houston was riding a last ten game record of 4-5-1. Since the trade, the Bulls have managed to come out of their slump and hold a winning 6-4 record heading towards the trade deadline. I feel good with our play as of late and Houston management will no longer be looking to move assets until the off-season. One more trade was made recently, here, where I made the trade in order to meet S94 pick compliancy. S95 pick compliancy will be a future problem to deal with.

---

Now here we are in present date. Houston sits in 3rd, 1 point behind the Las Vegas Aces for 1st place in the Western Conference. It will be a battle to the finish line but I have full faith in the squad we have created this season to find another deep playoff run. The birdies have also been chirping and a recruitment drive may take place following this season's trade deadline. Will Houston see some new faces enter the locker room? Hopefully a fuller roster can be a reality for the Bulls as playoffs are only weeks away. Either way, thank you again to anyone and everyone who has contributed towards Houston's all time team success. 1000 wins is a huge accomplishment that I will hold high for us Houston Bulls 🔥

Edited by AJW