Suggestion - Postponed Point Task

Edgar

Many of us are now in the thick of school with exams right around the corner.  

My idea:

During one of the week's this month (presumably your busiest week), you can choose to not complete a PT, and the completion of this PT can then be moved to the following week. This would not affect the total amount of PTs completed, nor is it an unnecessary hand-out, but it does allow some of the more scholarly members a chance to focus on real life during a time when it is most important.

Thoughts?

it does allow some of the more scholarly members a chance to focus on real life during a time when it is most important

Can I just use this on a week of especially bad hangovers and pretend I'm still scholarly? If so, I support this.

So say this week I am busy so I dont do a PT

Next week i can do 2?

yes

Can I just use this on a week of especially bad hangovers and pretend I'm still scholarly? If so, I support this.

also yes

• Senior Admin

Isn't this part of the reason we have welfare?

It is, but I assume that a fairly significant portion of our community is university/college students so I think this is a great alternative to having all of those people claiming welfare.

It's not like anyone is gaining or losing any TPE, just earning it at a different time to accommodate their schedule during this month only. 

Isn't this part of the reason we have welfare?

It is, but I assume that a fairly significant portion of our community is university/college students so I think this is a great alternative to having all of those people claiming welfare.

It's not like anyone is gaining or losing any TPE, just earning it at a different time to accommodate their schedule during this month only. 

This.  Also, plenty of first gens are in this position and a drop of TPE from 6 to 2TPE is significant.  Welfare is beneficial to long-term member that are well established, but less effective for first gens and arguably second gens as well

Yeah, having people actually doing PTs and growing their player to their max potential is better then getting less then half the TPE they can earn weekly if they can't squeeze out time in a busy week to do their PT. Free Weeks are a good stopgap for this but it's not always a viable option for everyone as they don't dontate/have more efficient uses of their salaries.

Limiting it to once a season or even twice since seasons are pretty long, wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't go to school but working full time and having other obligations in real life do consume a lot of time, and outside of Monday-Thursday nights I don't usually have uninterrupted time to focus solely on VHL, and even that is easily interrupted or eaten up by other things. Allowing members who might get jammed up due to exams, overtime at work, or even personal emergencies the possibility of doing 2 PTs in one week would be beneficial. They don't get free TPE, they just have to work twice as hard in the following week.