EU Playoff Predictions

Scurvy

It’s almost playoff time and teams are getting prepped for the playoff push while others are looking forward to next year.  It is a fun time of year, trade deadline is done, and teams are gearing for the battle to come.  So for this week’s around the league I will talk playoffs for the European conference.

EU CONFERENCE

LONDON  45-14-6 96 points   1st place.   image.png.b3216230632fadf91bcf472a6a277561.png

Led by a nasty forward trio of Triller @Triller, Sjin @Sjin, and Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ  they have loads of playoff experience, the London United are going all in to win.   Tons of veteran talent this club looks to be super competitive to hoist that Continental Cup one more time before they lose much of their core.  

MALMO 43-16-6 92 points   2nd place image.png.e9192180a2d653920266539607e2bf80.png

Malmo has competed well all season with outstanding team defense.  They have only allowed 163 goals which is good for 3rd best in the league.  Credit to GM @KaleebtheMightyfor a trade pickup of Vlad Von Carstein @Dom and to defense led by Jacob Stone @scoop.  We will see if the defense can hold out and make a run come playoffs.

RIGA REIGN 37-21-7   81 points 3rd place image.png.70ee6c878d3e36e73bc4c4dbb76d8bf0.png

Riga is in the midst of a 9 game win streak.  Credit to rookie GM @Lemorse7 who went out and traded for the likes of Oreo McFleury @JB123, Sadie St Louis @sadieSadie, Annie Oaks @Noodle Enjoyer, and THE Frenchman @OrbitingDeath .  Add to this the addition of future hall of famer, Skor McFleury @AlexAlex, draft pick Lucy Leitner @LucyXpherLucy, and the physical presence of Fradin McGryer @Fradin99 the Reign are a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.  

WARSAW PREDATORS 37-21-6 80 points 4th placeimage.png.948ae6aed34c3afb74fc61f51e64b2ec.png

GM @N0HBDY has put together the best defensive team in the VHL. Only allowed 158 goals this season, much to the success of legendary goaltender Lachlan Summers @kirbithan. .937 Save percentage and 5 shutouts Lachlan has only allowed 133 of the 158 goals scored on the club in 56 starts.  A team so defensively sound it would make perfect cosmic sense that two of their top four in scoring are defenders in Kronchy Kardashian @Garsh 13-54-67 and Admire Bala @TylerTyler 9-50-59.  Maxim Anisimov @McLovin 42-49-91  and Thor Reingaard 35-47-82 are up front and can be problematic for opposing defenses. 

MOSCOW MENACE 35-24-7 77points 5th place image.png.09ba6d214926fe5054c1b9aa58d783ae.png

Moscow is a team that I had winning the EU conference this season on my prediction page.  They are a complete club with excellent goaltending in Olober Syko @spartan, tough defenders in Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg and Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage @Grape, and offensive studs like Jarmo Ruutu @jRuutu, Axle Gunner @SteveSteve, and George Richmond @badcolethetitan.  Their record speaks to the competitiveness of the division.  This is another club I feel that nobody in the EU will want to play as they can catch fire and make a series very difficult. 

PREDICTION

At the start of the season, I would have said Moscow and London were my two picks for the European champion.  Now, I am completely clueless.  There are so many dangerous clubs that if hot, can spell trouble for anyone.  I am going to go on a limb and pick London to win it based solely on their offensive output, but your guess is as good as mine.  Should be a fun playoff to watch though. 

image.png.b3216230632fadf91bcf472a6a277561.png

Best of Luck EU and may you all please lose to Vancouver!