Unlimited Soundcloud Account

boubabi

I don't know how much money do we have left but if we have some, we could buy a unlimited Soundcloud account (for 16$ dollar a month I think ?). With that, we could upload all of our podcasts there and we could listen to them via our phone. Personally, I can't via zippyshare since it restarts everytime and I can't decide which part to listen.

And it may gets some traffic too.

Voice of reason here.

What's wrong with the current podcast upload sites that are free?

Zippyshare seems to work fine and it even allows quick downloads in .MP3 format to put on your phone. I've done it probably 25+ times now.

Personally, I usually don't download them since I try to stream them. it doesn't take unnecessary space and it's quick and easy. Soundcloud is free too (technically) but if we go unlimited, we can upload tons and tons of podcast. It has a commentary system which is well made and it gives our podcast a larger platform to generate traffic and stuff. Of course I don't consider that people will listen podcast that they don't know shit but at least, it will give us a chance.

And to return to my mobile listen argument, personally, I have an iPhone and when I try to click on the download button on Zippyshare, it opens like a stream but it doesn't generate a scrolling bar, it just plays. And after like 30 secondes of streaming, it restarts.

Dunno if my phone is fucked up though.

If you have an iPhone, download Documents by Reddle (or Readdle) and it'll let you play audio files if you download them on your phone. No skipping of the sorts.

But I'm okay with this idea, whatever helps get more podcast listeners out to the VHL masses.

With the Soundcloud app, it gives you something like this.

10859740_811600455547863_612084406_n.jpg

Plus there's app where you can record your podcast via your phone and post it directly on your soundcloud account so if people don't know how to record a podcast, it helps to get started.

But again, I get your point and I totally agree.

Have used soundcloud to listen to stuff, but never used it to upload anything, would that let us keep stuff online until we manually delete it? I've noticed that the #100 Pajodcast has already expired. 

Have used soundcloud to listen to stuff, but never used it to upload anything, would that let us keep stuff online until we manually delete it? I've noticed that the #100 Pajodcast has already expired. 

Yup

Yes it would. I had about 3 episodes of Blades of Steel on soundcloud. Only reason I didn't stick with it was because of the price and because it started denying my files.