Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• Commissioner

Huh?

I was half asleep when I wrote that, I can't even begin to imagine what I was trying to say.

I was half asleep when I wrote that, I can't even begin to imagine what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I'm just looking at that thinking, "Where the heck did Dead Space come from?" If you're talking Destiny's influences, that series is in a whole other universe. Halo? Absolutely. Borderlands? Sure. World of Warcraft, Diablo? Yep. But Dead Space? Hell nah.  :lol:

The best way to describe Destiny probably is "Halo: The MMO". It's Halo-style gameplay with more emphasis on aiming down your sights, has the whole persistent world thing going on that seems to be the next big trend in games, and a stupid amount of stuff to do. Each class has subclasses, and those subclasses have their own skill tree. Each weapon and piece of armour you get has its own skill tree, the rarer it is the larger and more varied its skill tree. Even in the little piece of the game we get with the Alpha and Beta, there's an incredible amount of depth that blows away a lot of full titles that get released these days. There's a variety of PvE modes (Story, Explore, Strike, Raid) on top of the PvP multiplayer: the Crucible. That has another whack of modes that have yet to be revealed besides Control (think Domination) and the Iron Banner (sort of like a Hard Core mode).

Basically, the game is massive.

Stop teasing me Sandro. :( I sold my PS3 for $300 but have since spent like $150 of that on random food and other nonsense. I have someone interested in my 360 for $160. So I am getting CLOSER to getting the PS4, I'm hoping to pick it up by the end of the month. Sadly the Destiny Beta period will be over so I'll just have to wait till September to get my hands on it.

You sold your PS3 for $300 ?!?

*On his way to sell his PS3*

Probably with a multitude of games and controllers and such.  But yeah, that's still pretty wonderful.  I actually thought the $160 offer on the Xbox was more impressive.

Probably with a multitude of games and controllers and such.  But yeah, that's still pretty wonderful.  I actually thought the $160 offer on the Xbox was more impressive.

Yeah it was 35 games with the PS3. Pretty much most of the top end first party stuff from Sony included in that. 160 for the 360 + 18 games is still pending. I found another loser like me who doesn't drive so I am figuring out a way to go meet him. I actually had to drop the price of the 360, despite it being a slim model with a 250GB hard drive and including it with games. But for some reason the PS3 sold super quick and super easy for $300 with all those games and I'm having a harder time with the 360. 

• Commissioner

I seriously want Destiny so the PS4 bundle seems great ($50 off getting the game separate) but man is that white PS4 fucking hideous. Why can't they offer the bundle without re-colouring the system. I'd deal with it to save the 50 bucks but damn it's ugly.

I am aware I could get it on PS3 but I really doubt it's going to be worth it. Same with Advanced Warfare, it's just not built for the old systems.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

We can't be friends anymore.

Call it a difference of opinion. Maybe if I see it in person I'll change my mind but based on the pictures I think the PS4 looks sleek and nice in black but kinda tacky and poorly executed in white. It comes down to simple stuff too like what the lights and stuff will look like on it. The Blue / Orange / White stripe look good against black but I don't think they'll work against white.

Again though, if I end up getting a PS4 before Destiny comes out, I might as well save myself the $50 and get the white one but I really don't think it will look as nice. That's just me though, I didn't like any of the coloured PS3's either.

I was joking around haha. I've seen people say they prefer the black, but never outright call the white one ugly. I think it's glorious. I still want a grey one -- or at least a controller -- like the PSone. That'd be fucking awesome.

Also, decided to reference Mortal Kombat X with my new siggeh. ^_^

• Commissioner

I was joking around haha. I've seen people say they prefer the black, but never outright call the white one ugly. I think it's glorious. I still want a grey one -- or at least a controller -- like the PSone. That'd be fucking awesome.

Also, decided to reference Mortal Kombat X with my new siggeh. ^_^

They'll never do it (too pricey) but I think it would be throwing my money Sony's way if they basically matched the PS4 to my iMac. Replace the matte with brushed aluminium and keep the black gloss. I think that would look damn sharp. Then again, in person it might look shittier than in my head haha. Plus, like I said, it would drive the cost up which they don't want to do.

I don't know, the white might grow on me, especially coming with Destiny and getting the whole "limited edition" thing but right now I just think its far uglier than the black version/ Not as much a dust magnet though which would be a plus.

Edited by Beketov

Temper expectations on that game. I didn't get into the beta but unless they overhauled the steering/driving physics from what I played last year, it's going to be a pretty miserable game to play.

Temper expectations on that game. I didn't get into the beta but unless they overhauled the steering/driving physics from what I played last year, it's going to be a pretty miserable game to play.

The concept is awesome, like most ubisoft games, but the follow-through generally is lackluster. Its definite a tempered hype after the rise and fall of Watchdogs.. But im definitely in love with the concept and some of the video i have seen of it. I have more hope for The Crew than i have for AC5

The Crew looks pretty promising so far imho, I'm usually not that much into racing games so some details about the physics and the steering not being 100% correct probably won't wother me much, but I'm a big fan of vast rich worlds and this game should deliver just that. The gameplay videos I saw recently look pretty cool at least, and I don't know why you are sceptical towards Ubisoft but I wasn't disappointed by any of their open world games I played recently (Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3...).

The concept is awesome, like most ubisoft games, but the follow-through generally is lackluster. Its definite a tempered hype after the rise and fall of Watchdogs.. But im definitely in love with the concept and some of the video i have seen of it. I have more hope for The Crew than i have for AC5

I'm not skeptical of The Crew because of Watch Dogs. I'm skeptical because I played it last year and the cars handled like garbage. AI vehicles were practically turning on a dime and you had to slow down like crazy to be able to make turns and keep up with them. It just wasn't enjoyable to play at all. at least Watch Dogs was decent.

Destiny = Halo with MMO as Sandro said. So, I will be there the night it drops to snag it. Can't wait!

It does seem like that doesn't it? it looks amazing, and I want it.. but then my dilemma unfolds... should i go PC or buy a next-gen console?