Soccer Sim League

Gunner

Just want to gauge interest in this. Create a player, just like SHL/VHL but soccer style I remember seeing one before that failed and I thought it was a cool concept

PM me if you're interested in being part of starting up the league (being a commish, etc.)

I'd be interested in making a player on there, but with all the time I spend on here I wouldn't want to do all the work being a commish would involve.

Awesome. If anyone just wants to make a player or something, just post her.

I want to see how many members we could possibly get

I don't play seriously enough to care, but I've heard PES is pretty limited. On PS3 it had better physics but I didn't hear about PS4

As someone who owns both on PS4, I would say that PES has better gameplay (it better simulates what happens on the pitch), but FIFA still has the better game modes and also the licenses. The overall quality gap between the two isn't nearly as large as it was on PS3/360 though, I'd say they're pretty much even.

I think PES may translate better to a sim league than FIFA though. From what I remember, you can create a PES team and players through the game (however you cannot create logos this year on PS4/XOne for whatever reason), but for FIFA you have to go via a painfully slow website. The obvious downside for both though is that both games would require manual stat tracking.

Edited by YEAH!

Does a soccer sim engine exist? If we stuck to console simming, that might mean transferring all the players/data from game to game every year. Not very convenient.

There is one that was used in a now-dead league called SSNR, the engine was called something like Electronic Soccer Management Sim, but the board got deleted by jcink due to inactivity. 

If not that, there would also be Football Manager. While I like that as a game, I think it would be a bit of a difficult setup for a sim league. 

Also if by "transferring data from game to game" you mean when there's a new one released switching to that one (e.g. Fifa 14 to Fifa 15), you'd probably just stick to one game. I mean the football leagues I've been in have been using Madden 07 for the last 8 years (although granted part of that is cause they stopped making them for PC after Madden 08) 

Edited by YEAH!

I too love Football Manager, but I wasn't even aware that you were able to make custom teams/leagues and insert them into the game. For GMs, it could be really in-depth like instructions, individual player tactics, set-piece tactics, etc.

I too love Football Manager, but I wasn't even aware that you were able to make custom teams/leagues and insert them into the game. For GMs, it could be really in-depth like instructions, individual player tactics, set-piece tactics, etc.

I don't think you can make custom leagues, but you can make custom teams and players and insert them into competitions using the editor. The newest ones also allow you to edit in-game, so for example, you can give everyone on the team superb morale and 100% match fitness, and edit attributes on the fly. The problem though would come with the fact that you wouldn't be able to run your sim as a league, you'd probably just have to do exhibition matches, and so stats and stuff would have to be manually recorded.

Edit: Looking at the editor, you can make leagues. I don't know if you can make them controllable though

Edited by YEAH!