$9000 Later...

sterling

it was necessary because it actually made me chuckle then i got really mad at myself

Oh I know I was saying don't quote it, it makes it pop up more and more and then it gets worse haha

Edited by Kendrick

man i dont know what wimminz y'all are marrying that need 10k rings, i already told jala if/when we get engaged if he spends more than a couple grand i'm gonna flip shit

then again i suppose it depends on how much money you guys make and stuff

but i'd rather use that extra ~7-8k for like

some badass computers, or video games, or a car, or save it for a house

It salary terms, without taxes, it is about or perhaps a bit less than what the 'going rate' is in terms of price. My woman isn't the type to flaunt stuff, she's classy. The ring is pretty simple, the rock is just large. I think it will fit her perfectly. We are both in our mid twenties and will have graduate degrees so in the long run I figured spend now and save later.

It salary terms, without taxes, it is about or perhaps a bit less than what the 'going rate' is in terms of price. My woman isn't the type to flaunt stuff, she's classy. The ring is pretty simple, the rock is just large. I think it will fit her perfectly. We are both in our mid twenties and will have graduate degrees so in the long run I figured spend now and save later.

i didn't mean it like that sterling, im sorry, i dont wanna put a damper on your day. congrats buddy, truly <3 she'll love it

Congrats Sterling, really great news :)

And i'm also happy my wife also didn't want such an expensive ring, she wanted an Irish Claddagh ring due to it's meaning (and luckily they aren't that expensive). Even the rings we took for our wedding are nowhere near that amount (and actually the ones we both liked the most)

Enjoy the engagement and have fun planning the wedding.

man i dont know what wimminz y'all are marrying that need 10k rings, i already told jala if/when we get engaged if he spends more than a couple grand i'm gonna flip shit

then again i suppose it depends on how much money you guys make and stuff

but i'd rather use that extra ~7-8k for like

some badass computers, or video games, or a car, or save it for a house

Isn't the traditional salary to ring equation like 3 months or something of that nature? Even 2 months for someone who makes reasonable income can hit what Sterling spent...

I hope to God expectations have changed tho cuz I just started working and I know I gotta get a ring sooner than later :((

Congrats Sterling btw! She'll absolutely say yes

Isn't the traditional salary to ring equation like 3 months or something of that nature? Even 2 months for someone who makes reasonable income can hit what Sterling spent...

I hope to God expectations have changed tho cuz I just started working and I know I gotta get a ring sooner than later :((

Yes 2 or 3. She wanted a solitaire so three months would have been excessive for us

yeah,that's what I was.referring to as being dumb. The whole 3 months salary thing was a campaign cooked up by diamond companies to get people to spend as.much as possible, ie "he doesn't love you if he won't spend this much on you. It's just a really manipulative situation (on the diamond companies' parts, not the women) and it sucks that guys get the short end of the stick on it.

GRANTED STERLING SEEMS HAPPY TO HAVE DONE IT, so I'm very happy for him :D

I've just seen it be a source of great stress for some guys, kinda like you right now lol.

Edited by Caillean

No we will probably go fairly cheap other than the meal and the drinks at the reception since we're catholic a church is freeish. I don't think we'd let anyone else pay for it

The women's parents get the short end of the stick. Sterling spent 9000 and gets to stick it in her. The parents pay for the wedding and get nothing in return

But what if he was sticking it in her before the 9 grand? :P