Roast of Jala

Victor

Lets appoint Kendrick as the GM of all the NA teams and then boubabi the GM of all the EURO teams. Whoever doesn't win the S44 Cup has to make a new 1000 tpe player on SHL before they can come back to VHL. 

..but I already have a 1400 TPE player over there.

Where is this SHL smear campaign? There hasn't been a single negative thing said about the league in this topic.

People are saying this happened because jala is an SHL guy before he's a VHL guy. As if that would somehow be the explanation for someone who most people respected to just get up and leave like this. And I'm also not just talking about this thread. The league is very anti-SHL moreso than pro-VHL and I think that's hurt the league as the SHL has ignored the VHL until someone comes over there and shits on the SHL. Granted, this is what I've seen in a period of two months and I can't really speak much for anything beyond that time period.

People are saying this happened because jala is an SHL guy before he's a VHL guy. As if that would somehow be the explanation for someone who most people respected to just get up and leave like this. And I'm also not just talking about this thread. The league is very anti-SHL moreso than pro-VHL and I think that's hurt the league as the SHL has ignored the VHL until someone comes over there and shits on the SHL. Granted, this is what I've seen in a period of two months and I can't really speak much for anything beyond that time period.

What is the actual difference between the leagues in the nutshell? I've never been over there but aren't the leagues both PT leagues and simmed virtually the same way?

What is the actual difference between the leagues in the nutshell? I've never been over there but aren't the leagues both PT leagues and simmed virtually the same way?

not a pt league. Write articles for $ and use $ for tpe

Well if write article = $ = TPE, its still a PT league isn't it?

Not quite, you basically are more flexible when it comes to when you have to write (or do graphics) and how much work you put into it. You can write like one huge article and live off the money of that one for weeks if you want for example. There is also contract money + other ways to earn money, so in general it requires a little less work and doesn't require you to be as consistent in your writing as the VHL.

The main differences between the two leagues probably lie withing league and roster structure though.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Not quite, you basically are more flexible when it comes to when you have to write (or do graphics) and how much work you put into it. You can write like one huge article and live off the money of that one for weeks if you want for example. There is also contract money + other ways to earn money, so in general it requires a little less work and doesn't require you to be as consistent in your writing as the VHL.

Is it based off length of article or some other measurement?

Is it based off length of article or some other measurement?

Yup, word count. Quality on the other hand usually doesn't get graded.

Just as an example, you can write a long article that pays you $4 million. Each week you can buy one training, either a +5 one for $1M, a +3 one for $500k and a +2 one for $250k. Most people do +5 or +3 trainings so this article alone could pay for your training for 1-2 months.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

Yup, worth count. Quality on the other hand usually doesn't get graded.

Just as an example, you can write a long article that pays you $4 million. Each week you can buy one training, either a +5 one for $1M, a +3 one for $500k and a +2 one for $250k. Most people do +5 or +3 trainings so this article alone could pay for your training for 1-2 months.

Oh I see. so it hasn't been a problem with quality and grading then?

• Admin

It goes both ways. Any long discussion on a suggestion in the SHL has at least one mention of "we don't want to do it the VHL way" or "go on the VHL if you want that", etc.

Listen, I'm no advocate for either league but it's easier to see anti-shl here because of the numbers difference. There are a lot less people here so when one person says something, it sticks out more. Where as over in the SHL it's impossible to keep track of everything. 

Anti-VHL exists. I am proof. Fuck the VHL. 

It goes both ways. Any long discussion on a suggestion in the SHL has at least one mention of "we don't want to do it the VHL way" or "go on the VHL if you want that", etc.

This. I recently went in detail over there in one guys accurately written comparison. Then guys came in and discussed peaceful, but you still have Carl and his buddies who are more Anti-VHL than Pro-SHL over there too.

Listen, I'm no advocate for either league but it's easier to see anti-shl here because of the numbers difference. There are a lot less people here so when one person says something, it sticks out more. Where as over in the SHL it's impossible to keep track of everything.

Anti-VHL exists. I am proof. Fuck the VHL.

I'd say that it's more that one person doesn't say it- many people here are anti shl. So when you have a smaller member base but more people against shl, its going to look like the site kind of "as a whole" is anti shl.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen there. But given the lack of activity here it feels like it comes up far more here than it does there and is more difficult to brush off as something like "oh its just Carl who's acting like a punk again". And hey for once it's not just me saying it.

Also Higgins when was this? I know before Edgar stepped down jala was interested, bit afterwards he had already started losing interest in the league, and I talked to him as well as saw him talking to tons of people about not wanting the job anymore. Also didnt say he was forced, simply that he was pressured.

Edited by Caillean

I'd say that it's more that one person doesn't say it- many people here are anti shl. So when you have a smaller member base but more people against shl, its going to look like the site kind of "as a whole" is anti shl.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen there. But given the lack of activity here it feels like it comes up far more here than it does there and is more difficult to brush off as something like "oh its just Carl who's acting like a punk again". And hey for once it's not just me saying it.

Also Higgins when was this? I know before Edgar stepped down jala was interested, bit afterwards he had already started losing interest in the league, and I talked to him as well as saw him talking to tons of people about not wanting the job anymore. Also didnt say he was forced, simply that he was pressured.

June 2nd he messaged me saying he would be willing to GM Toronto. I told him Toronto players and Edgar would likely support that decision. It's not like there wasn't any other people interested, Mike and Munky.

June 2nd he messaged me saying he would be willing to GM Toronto. I told him Toronto players and Edgar would likely support that decision. It's not like there wasn't any other people interested, Mike and Munky.

that was right before he got appointed, right? That was after people had been pming him asking him to apply. As ninetyfourgoalie said, jala had been told that Mike wasn't a good candidate and that people were skeptical on munk because of his recent inactivity. Edited by Caillean

Half the SHL (under-estimate tbh) probably joined since the start of last summer.

1 year old VHL was hella more active.

I'm sure it was. But that just happened to coincide with when i joined, so all I've ever known is the active shl. I never experienced active Vhl. It was more active when I joined but activity has declined in the year I've been here. And I don't really see what that has to do with what I said, fact is there's not much activity here outside discussions where the same 10 people are always talking. At least there its the same 20-30 people. Edited by Caillean