Global Hockey League

Devise

Good day!

Advantage and I (well mostly me) are creating a new GM only hockey league. We were motivated by the re-draft for fun that Boubabi is currently running. We came upon the idea before then when we realized we wanted to do some sort of Be a GM like in NHL but together each controlling different teams. While the GM Connected mode does exist in one older NHL game it wasn't a feature they explored. Plus it was buggy and slow and shit anyways.

The Global Hockey League is going to be a fantasy league that uses real life NHL players with STHS. STHS has an updated NHL league file that they keep updated roughly once every 3 months or so. There will be 10 teams, each fake teams representing the North American Conference and the Intercontinental Conference. We will be getting our own forum up and running here within the week. 

Getting players to your team will involve fantasy re-drafts of specific NHL seasons, with the first re-draft spanning the 2000-2005 season. Advantage and myself are customizing the drafts so that there is an even number of players. I'll get a link to the forum when we have rules and all that up there but most of the specifics are all worked out so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Right now I just wanted to know who is interested. Advantage and I are willing to GM two of the teams, which means to start we need 8 more teams. We have plans to allow expansion into the system in the first three seasons so if we get enough interest we will gladly welcome 2 more. So post here if your interested.

I stress that this is not a point task league. You don't have to do media spots, or any point tasks of any kind. There is no TPE and no way to update your players. This is for those of you who enjoy fantasy drafting and GMing, and a way to creatively do that in a league with players you'd be familiar with and know. But with a twist in determining teams.

So post away, once we have 8 names who are interested I'll send a PM to you all with the forum link when it's up and we can get started. I look to have this up and running with our first draft completed by the end of August. :cheers: 

Bump. 

Thus far we have 4 interested names, Higgins, Brovy, Stamkos, and Ahma. Boubabi posted but I don't know if he's interested or not. The forum is up and running we are just making it look organized/sexy and get all the rules posts up before we invite people to come and join. 

We could still use 4 more though to make up our ten team list! 

• 2 weeks later...