I can't change my Profile Photo

Ahma

This will be a confusing explanation.

So, I wanted to do test with profile photos, I changed it. And now it won't let me change my cool suit profile photo back. I downloaded the photo to my computer and I upload it to my profile and try to change it, but nothing happens? Second, I CAN NOT use the "save" mechanism on photos that are posted in the VHL (see down below, try that "save" mechanism on that photo). When I press that "save" button, it pops up as a downloaded content! Before the "save" button sent me to the photos URL and that I've been able to save my signatures, I used URLs to change profile photos too. BUT nothing works now, I cant change it.

I tried using different browsers too and that neither helped me. It was always that "download pop up".

Fuck this. And please someone heeeeelp meeeee!! I want my profile photos back!!

HabsLogo.jpg

You'll have to resize that. I believe it likes a specific range of dimensions.

The real problem is that I can't open URLs for photos.

And resizing didn't help.

Edited by Ahma

right click, copy photo URL?

Also, if your avatar isn't uploading properly, just use a URL. I can't ever get it to upload right. Upload your file to tinypic or imgur or something first.

I can't use URL. Right click copy URL doesnt work.

Uh, it depends on your browser - so you could have Inspect Element (if you use Chrome and right click on the image), or you might have something like View Page Source. It'll bring up the source code for the site, which should have the direct URL.

Again, this isn't an efficient method, but if the convenient way isn't working...

Unfortunately I have no idea what that says due to it being in Finnish

If it's giving you some kind of error message then type it into google

It just says: You are opening this blaa blaa blaa, and then you can either save it or open it in an app

Not error message

Edited by Ahma

When I click an image, and it opens in that little in-window pop-up thing, and I press 'SAVE' in the bottom-right corner of that, it still opens the image in a new tab where I can go and get the URL.

If you DON'T left-click on the image  (so it doesn't pop-up in it's own little window) then you can right-click it and go to 'Open in New Tab' OR 'Copy Image URL' ..... but when you right-click the thing when it's in that little pop-up window, these options aren't there for some reason.