2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Believe me I have, but at least some of them accept they will eventually lose.

for me Dallas Cowboys fans are a lot worse than Leaf fans. At least right now cause the Cowboys still have a chance every season in a bad NFC East 

I just hear so many excuses from Cowboys fans. To be fair they were very injured, but they got picked apart, even when Romo came back from injury. What pissed me off was when I was talking about the MLB Cardinals and how we were injury plagued, with Wainwright, Molina, Martinez, and Walden out, plus Matt Adams and Matt Holliday both just coming back from injury, and my roommate said 'well I have no sympathy for you' I was like well the why should I care about your injuries? At least they got back almost everyone from injury at the end of the season, my team had those injuries in the playoffs where it mattered!

thats why I hate cowboys fans lol. That and they disrespect hockey, which is far and away my favorite sport/the best sport

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Depends on which market you've been in before though too. I know that living in Vancouver now, Oilers and Maple Leaf fans are the worst. However, when I lived in New Jersey it seemed Rangers fans were the worst.

All fans who don't support your team are terrible tbh

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Depends on which market you've been in before though too. I know that living in Vancouver now, Oilers and Maple Leaf fans are the worst. However, when I lived in New Jersey it seemed Rangers fans were the worst.

I could definitely see Rangers fans being annoying in NJ. 

The worst are the Cowboys fans who grew up in PA right @Doomsday?

Watch Bergevin keep Therrien and trade Subban. That's what this shitty staff as come to.

At least, we're going to be able to wipe our tears with our Auston Matthews jerseys next year.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

He even looks like a little weasel. I wouldn't hesitate to punch his douche looking face in if I was on the ice with him. Sorry I just hate the hype around him.

SN-COVER-Karlsson_Print-02.jpg

He's a really good, offensively gifted defender. His defensive play while it leaves a lot to be desired isn't as bad as the haters make it out to be. However, I'm with you. He isn't even the best D in the NHL much less the best on the planet. The fact that guys like him get so much hype, meanwhile you go over to LA and watch Drew Doughty, who isn't just a leader on his club, he's arguably as smooth of a skater and offensively gifted, he hits more, I mean you can look at his face and see the picture of a tough hockey player. On top of that Doughty has two cups to his credit.

That is just one quality D I listed as well. Names go on from Pietrangelo, to Weber, to Keith. From my perspective EK gets into the class of elite defenders in the NHL, but there is no chance he is at the head of it. I'd stretch to even put him in my top 5. Top 10? Sure. But he's a quality defender playing in a Canadian city, they tend to get overrated easily haha. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

He's a really good, offensively gifted defender. His defensive play while it leaves a lot to be desired isn't as bad as the haters make it out to be. However, I'm with you. He isn't even the best D in the NHL much less the best on the planet. The fact that guys like him get so much hype, meanwhile you go over to LA and watch Drew Doughty, who isn't just a leader on his club, he's arguably as smooth of a skater and offensively gifted, he hits more, I mean you can look at his face and see the picture of a tough hockey player. On top of that Doughty has two cups to his credit.

That is just one quality D I listed as well. Names go on from Pietrangelo, to Weber, to Keith. From my perspective EK gets into the class of elite defenders in the NHL, but there is no chance he is at the head of it. I'd stretch to even put him in my top 5. Top 10? Sure. But he's a quality defender playing in a Canadian city, they tend to get overrated easily haha. 

Agreed on all fronts. I don't think he is a bad player and my hate for him won't cloud his skill. I just can't stand his rat looking face overtime I see it.

Weber, Keith, Doughty all get the nod before him on my ideal team.

7 hours ago, FueledByRamen said:

Watch Bergevin keep Therrien and trade Subban. That's what this shitty staff as come to.

At least, we're going to be able to wipe our tears with our Auston Matthews jerseys next year.

Montreal getting Matthews would be like Edmonton getting Matthews. STUPID 

In regards to Matthews, Everyone loves to think about players like that going to big market cities, especially Canadian ones. But I'm calling it now, smaller market team will win the lotto and get him. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

In regards to Matthews, Everyone loves to think about players like that going to big market cities, especially Canadian ones. But I'm calling it now, smaller market team will win the lotto and get him. 

Toronto will get him. NHL will rig the shit outta that lottery and give Matthews for T.dot's 100th season. They "screwed" them out of the ASG and the draft, so they're going to give them Matthews.

But yeah, like Boubs, I wouldn't mind Puljujärvi or Laine. Both Finns that probably looked up to Saku and are going to love playing in a market like Montreal... And they're exactly what we need. Big bodies that can put the puck in the net.

23 minutes ago, FueledByRamen said:

Toronto will get him. NHL will rig the shit outta that lottery and give Matthews for T.dot's 100th season. They "screwed" them out of the ASG and the draft, so they're going to give them Matthews.

But yeah, like Boubs, I wouldn't mind Puljujärvi or Laine. Both Finns that probably looked up to Saku and are going to love playing in a market like Montreal... And they're exactly what we need. Big bodies that can put the puck in the net.

yeah I don't think NHL rigs the lottery and if they did Matthews (Arizona born) would go to Arizona. I wish they did though cause McDavid wouldn't be in Edmonton right now.

Montreal won't draft in the top 3 so don't put that in your mind

Edited by gregreg

I hope the Canucks just keep losing and get Matthews. I would be so happy.

I hate reading all these stupid articles in Vancouver about what's going on with the team and it's all the coach's fault...they should be a playoff team, etc.

The ownership needs to cave and go full rebuild. Get Vrbata and Burrows out of here, the playoffs aren't happening this season.