2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yep. Getting traded to Montreal and Montreal not calling him up to the NHL disqualifies him, since he'd be an AHL player.

In all fairness to Montreal, he had been sent to the AHL prior to being traded. It's not like they went out of their way to screw with things. He was sent to the AHL while under Arizona's rights, but when traded they usually ask a player to report to the AHL or NHL.

5 hours ago, boubabi said:

Those are all dope moves. Those moves are all underrated. Gorges for a second was unbelievable.

They are hardly all "dope moves".

The point isn't that he makes bad moves.  The point is he makes insignificant moves.

He doesn't believe in building a team through FA (which I agree).  However, he also doesn't trade for anything significant and their drafting hasn't been stellar since he took over either (not awful but when you don't trade for anything significant and don't try and make a splash in FA, you need to do something really well).

Things feel stagnant and it is frustrating to see them this way.  How do we address offensive issues? We trade for Kassian and sign Fleischmann.  Neither of those two are fixes to offensive problems.

It feels like he rather take the low risk, middling reward move (ala Semin).

Edited by Advantage

If you expect players like Tyler Seguin to be traded in every trade, of course you'll be dissapointed. 

No moves is useless, you save cap on most move, repairing mistakes that other gms have done. You got mitchell and flynn for free, weise for free, you gave literally nothing for vanek. You traded Gorges when he was already on the downward for a 2nd rounder. Even trading Prust for nothing was a good move. The only questionable trade would be sekac vs DSP. But Sekac doesn't seem do to much in Anaheim and he had problem in the locker room. Tinordi vs that dump is probably the most questionable move on has done yet, but considering that Gormley was traded for the same thing, I guess the market for him was literally absent. I mean, Cody Franson had difficulties to find a job lmao. 

You can't fix your offensive problem with a training camp sign up in Fleishcman and a coke head in Kassian. I mean fucking hell, even Pittsburgh have struggle to score goals lmao, give the Habs some chance.  We had the best goal scored average in the first 15 matches. The struggle just shows how much the Habs fans are quick to push the panic button. 

Edited by boubabi

17 minutes ago, boubabi said:

You can't fix your offensive problem with a training camp sign up in Fleishcman and a coke head in Kassian. I mean fucking hell, even Pittsburgh have struggle to score goals lmao, give the Habs some chance.  We had the best goal scored average in the first 15 matches. The struggle just shows how much the Habs fans are quick to push the panic button. 

Sure, we were hot.  But this is the same team who struggled last year to score goals...and the year before...

I'm not panicking.  I just have come to terms that they are simply not that good.  They had a good start but they were playing way over their heads.  They aren't this bad either.  They are a mediocre team with the best goaltender in the world.

I don't expect guys like Seguin.  However, I expect more than grinders.

Also, when you have guys who are scoring goals..don't fucking send them down for 4th line grinders.

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Its a matter of size at this point. The LAK won the cup and they had one of the worst goal for avg during the season

And had clutch goal scoring in the playoffs as easily one of the best offensive teams on average in both of their cup runs.

With that being said, you can't even compare the two teams.  We don't have their coaching, defense, size or offensive depth from those years.  Not in my opinion at least.

52 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Check your facts.  We got into the eastern finals with Price in net and he got hurt first game against NYR.

Oh, I'm aware of that. But we had a weaker team and we had a legit chance to go to the stanley cup with carey in net. It's just part of our gameplay.

19 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Price being out doesn't give an excuse to our offense scoring 37 goals in the last 20 games.

Condon has been fine.

Pit doesn't excuse your offense but it means your record right now isn't necessarily representative of your teams value. 

Condon has been fine, but that doesn't mean he's doing the same as Price would be doing. Condons .911 save percentage is 'fine', Prices .934 save percentage is 'MVP-worthy'. You don't need to score as many goals when you have the best goaltender in the league tending goal for you

Edited by ADwyer87

1 minute ago, ADwyer87 said:

Pit doesn't excuse your offense but it means your record right now isn't necessarily representative of your teams value. 

Condon has been fine, but that doesn't mean he's doing the same as Price would be doing. Condons .911 save percentage is 'fine', Prices .934 save percentage is 'MVP-worthy'. You don't need to score as many goals when you have the best goaltender in the league tending net for you

I agree.

I said this above: "They had a good start but they were playing way over their heads.  They aren't this bad either.  They are a mediocre team with the best goaltender in the world."

They simply rely way too much on Price.  

I think its funny how it was a etem-hagelin swap and both have been moved in the last week. I find it so funny when stuff like that happens.

Just like when Kassian was traded from the nucks and Hodgson signed with the preds in the off-season lmao.

6 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I agree.

I said this above: "They had a good start but they were playing way over their heads.  They aren't this bad either.  They are a mediocre team with the best goaltender in the world."

They simply rely way too much on Price.  

Yeah that's true but that's an advantage to play to. You guys don't have to play like a high powered offense. I think you've scored 110 goals this year, if Price was in for every game that would be 29 more than you allowed

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Yeah that's true but that's an advantage to play to. You guys don't have to play like a high powered offense. I think you've scored 110 goals this year, if Price was in for every game that would be 29 more than you allowed

Which = Ws